***GRAPHIC*** The Missing Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
The head is the trophy. You keep that for yourself.
Have there been many cases of the victim's head being kept as a trophy by their killer?

I think such was the case with one of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims. Trying to think of others.

I don't think LE has the head. They said that that was one of the first things they were going to question him about if I'm remembering correctly.

Thats what I thought also. Another thing that made me think.. At LM’s apartment building there is CCTV, he was if I remember correctly filmed while putting the ‘garbage’ outside after the murder and when he went out to post the boxes with body parts. (Dont know if they could see the spot where he put the garbage)

It should then be sort of possible to deduct some information from those movements on camera.

If someone is putting garbage outside. The time they walk out with something and walk back in is short. So LE should have some idea about what was put on the street to be collected. The time between walking out to post a box or going to hide a box will be way longer. And they would be able to count the boxes.

LM was fixated on serial killers, he wanted to out do them all. I would start by looking at serial killers that had heads missing, or decapitated. Since the pigfarm was pretty big in the Candian news I'm thinking LM wanted to out do that serial killer. Did he feed it to pigs, did he feed it to the animals at the zoo? Something along those lines if I were LE I would take a look.

...or I was thinking if he send it to his own family maybe they were too shocked and freaked out to admit they received it?

Wouldn't it be a crime to not inform LE? I'd hope they'd report something like that!

The killing was most definitely done for an audience. Agreed.

I remember a website. You paid for the opportunity to go into a room and shoot a person in the head. All you had to do was pay the money. The room, the gun, the person, the cleanup was all provided. The bodies were dismembered but the heads were kept. Not by the person who paid to do the killing, though.

Kind of like the movie Hostel but much more underground.

Quote from Eli Roth on the making of Hostel:

"I was trying to raise more money and we were talking about the sickest thing you could find on the internet. And he showed me this site where you could go to Thailand, pay ten thousand dollars to go into a room and shoot someone in the head. It said all these people were volunteers because part of the money would go to the family because they were so poor or had a terminal illness. And I thought, God, is this fake or is it real? And I thought it doesn't even matter because someone still thought of this and took the time to make site, you could go and pay money to kill somebody."

http://www.<modsnip>.com/newdesign/promo/hostel/interview.htm

(hope it's alright to post the link here to show where the quote is from)

Quote from Eli Roth on the making of Hostel:

"I was trying to raise more money and we were talking about the sickest thing you could find on the internet. And he showed me this site where you could go to Thailand, pay ten thousand dollars to go into a room and shoot someone in the head. It said all these people were volunteers because part of the money would go to the family because they were so poor or had a terminal illness. And I thought, God, is this fake or is it real? And I thought it doesn't even matter because someone still thought of this and took the time to make site, you could go and pay money to kill somebody."

http://www.<modsnip>.com/newdesign/promo/hostel/interview.htm

(hope it's alright to post the link here to show where the quote is from)

Horrific.

I think poor Jun's head was picked up by garbage collectors, otherwise it would've turned up by now. The only exception might be if Luka mailed it to someone as proof that the deed was done in return for payment.

This is probably a long shot, but

Pondering if somehow LRM mailed a package to himself or someone else in Paris

When I made the post with the pic of the big "pliers", another poster (sorry i can't recall who) commented they looked like "bolt cutters" (and I do feel that is a more accurate description). I find his interest in purchasing this particular tool puzzling, and have wondered if LRM possibly had a storage locker in Paris. Someone I know manages a storage facility. The tenant can put their own lock on, but if they are behind in rent, management puts another lock on the unit (to force the renters to contact management), but tenants will sometimes use bolt cutters to cut off the locks.

I think poor Jun's head was picked up by garbage collectors, otherwise it would've turned up by now. The only exception might be if Luka mailed it to someone as proof that the deed was done in return for payment.

I'm confused on the garbage collection. Of all the garbage that was put out for the particular scheduled pick-up, was ALL of it left or was part of it picked up?

IOW, if the torso and head were put out at the same time, why would the garbage men take some items and leave the others? Unless pick-up was earlier in the morning, and some were put out in time for the collection, and other items were too late for that same pickup. (Mind you, from the pics we have seen, it seemed like a lot of garbage that was either missed or late).

I don't know what kind of building he was living in. Was it one where you had to take all of your garbage outside, or was it like most larger apartment buildings, where you put your garbage in a plastic bag and dispose of it down the garbage shute?

If the building had a garbage shute, then he could have used that to dispose of the head. The body would be too large for this method of disposal.

Given his propensity for drama, it would seem unlikely that he would have missed the opportunity to "make a statement" by mailing it to someone, but who knows..

The building was a 4 story walk-up with no garbage chute, so everyone walks their garbage around to the back alley. I remember reading the report from the building manager that he was observed "looking nervous" taking 6 bags of garbage out to the area. (Plus the suitcase) . This was presumably sometime during Friday the 25th... not sure what time of day. They have it on video anyways (would love to see that) .

There has been some inconsistencies on the reporting of the garbage pickup. I've read reports the garbage was picked up but they left the suitcase (it was apparently 'like new' condition on the outside) . Yet, the police were there on the Tuesday the 29th and recovered many piece of evidence from the garbage.
What's hard to believe is a like-new suitcase sitting in an alley sat untouched for all those days, with many people observing it. If the rest of the garbage bags were picked up prior to Tuesday, how did they recover so much evidence?
My guess is the garbage was not picked up (much to LRM's demise) , as I saw some photos the police had setup a crime scene in the alley and were apparently fishing through all the garbage there. I also believe his computer, likely a laptop was recovered in the garbage and thats where they recovered the 15 min version of the video.
If he had disposed of the suitcase better (walk it down the street at night and throw it in a proper bin and bury it under other garbage bags, he may have bought himself a lot more time before they were able to connect the dots, get a warrant and find his apartment scene, then put together a warrant. By that time, the alley garbage would have been gone.
I don't think the head was with that other garbage, or it would have been recovered. Since he had 6 bags of garbage, he likely disposed of some of his other belongings too, clothes, dishes, etc. He was living in a furnished apt, so he likely was more or less living out of a backpack.

I'm confused on the garbage collection. Of all the garbage that was put out for the particular scheduled pick-up, was ALL of it left or was part of it picked up?

IOW, if the torso and head were put out at the same time, why would the garbage men take some items and leave the others? Unless pick-up was earlier in the morning, and some were put out in time for the collection, and other items were too late for that same pickup. (Mind you, from the pics we have seen, it seemed like a lot of garbage that was either missed or late).

Garbage collection and larger garbage items (old furnture, mattresses, boxes of junk) are generally collected seperately, as is recycling.

Normal garbage is put out, but when you have larger garbage items, you are tequired to call the borough you live in for specific removal.

June/July are heavy moving months in this city specifically. Leases almost always end July 1st, otherwise known as "moving day" here (some say this was made up specifically so people would be too busy to celebrate Canada Day, but the 'French' holiday of Jean Baptiste day is a week earlier of course, but that is another story for another time....). Many people begin early dumping lots of household items out, figuring somebody else has already called for removal.

A heavy suitcase would be an item regular unionized garbage collectors would conceivably refuse (pardon the pun!) to pick up with the normal bags.

I don't know what kind of building he was living in. Was it one where you had to take all of your garbage outside, or was it like most larger apartment buildings, where you put your garbage in a plastic bag and dispose of it down the garbage shute?

If the building had a garbage shute, then he could have used that to dispose of the head. The body would be too large for this method of disposal.

Given his propensity for drama, it would seem unlikely that he would have missed the opportunity to "make a statement" by mailing it to someone, but who knows..

You raise some great points Dion.

IMO the head would be a very important "trophy" for someone like Magnotta. I've previously speculated that Magnotta may rent a self-storage unit under an assumed name and paid the rent of such a unit in advance for a couple years (think Hester Mofet in Silence of the Lambs). I speculate that if such a self-storage unit of Magnotta's exists it would be a treasure trove of evidence...

This post will be "graphic". I was pondering because the head was not found in the garbage outside of his apartment, if perhaps he could have thrown it out in a further location from the apartment, such as the university campus where Jun Lin attended or at the location where Jun Lin lived or could he have boiled the head and broken the skull into smaller piece and disposed that way or did he sent the skull to someone?

what if he threw it in a body of water (lake/pond/ocean/etc)? the thing would sink & be eaten up. we'd probly never find it if this was the case, correct?

what if he threw it in a body of water (lake/pond/ocean/etc)? the thing would sink & be eaten up. we'd probly never find it if this was the case, correct?

Scott Peterson thought this would be the case... Didn't turn out that way for Scott...

I think (just my thoughts) that he put the head in another dumpster while he was making his escape.

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member