CA CA - Sue Sharp 36, & 3 children, Keddie Cabin Murders, Plumas, 11 Apr 1981

This case continues to haunt me and I only started reading about it a few months ago. I hope it is solved but I don't see that ever happening as it's been so long... the area scares me too as someone else mentioned.

I have been interested in this particular unsolved case because of the striking resemblance to one of the Zodiac crimes and several origianal Night Stalker crimes. The binding with cords,the stabbing,etc, it all seems weird,considering:
2 weeks earlier a ZODIAC letter(suspected as a forgery, but I suspect otherwise) was sent to and from Atlanta somewhere. That claimed resposiblity in other words, for some of the Atlanta child murders and signed Zodiac. Was this possiblly Zodiac throwing the cops for a loop, knowing 2 weeks later he would be in California where he could commit a crime that would rekindle the zodiac file?Was he visiting Atlanta? Did he return to California shortly after and commit this crime? Just a thought. I think it is a Zodiac letter, a few places in the letter make me suspicious. I don't think it was a forgery. Thats my opinion, though this particular letter of them all would be, in my mind, the only least likely of the letters to be his.
The Keddie, California unsolved murders though realy make me suspicios as being that a crime of the Zodiac by the crime description.
Note, the letter says he likes kids now and a 12 year old female victim was taken fron the Keddie site and discovered years later 29 miles away. Was it a reference to a new crime spree involvong children? As sneaky as he was, I think it was a letter designed to rekindle the fire, which he reignited 2 weeks later. Good possibility. I wonder if DNA recieved here was ever compared?

This case reminds me a little of the Friday the 13th film that was released in the previous year. Wonder if it gave someone an idea.

Oh hey, I had no idea people had been talking to me over here. Sorry!

There's a bajillion new development over at the keddiemurderfilm.com site since last year. I don't post on that site anymore.

Some good news is that the family of John Boubede has stepped up to help with information about him, which has been awesome.

I been reading on the keddiemurderfilm site for about a year now, reading everything over and over. Fascinating case.

I've posted just a bit there recently, but I find I have to really think about what I post and whether I'm opening myself up to attack for something totally unfounded. So, I think I'll go back into lurking for the most part. Not worth the hassle.

Still, I hear it's better than the "old" site.

Hello everyone I just joined the forum today looking forward to communicating.

In takiing a look at the crime scene photo's they show a picture on folding knife coverd in blood one that doesn't lock to stay open . To me using a knife like that and seeing the massive amount of blood loss I would bet that there is the suspects DNA all over that crime scene I wonder if they ever tried to get DNA from the crime scene or do they still have the evidence around now ..

Actually it is a bent kitchen knife. Bent more than likely from force. I think it happened when the walls were being stabbed.

Ok but even so its all to common now a day's that from a stabbing the perp will often cut them self in the process so if you went to stab something and it bent like that it would have for sure cut your hand or wrist ...

I agree completely. There was I my opinion, no real investigation in this case. There should be dna all over that cabin

Happy birthday Justin! Let us not forget he was both a survivor and a victim.

Seems pretty weird that this is not much more in the way of breaks in this case, or evidence

Im confused are you trying to say the zodiac may have done this .Theres nothing in this case that resembles how the zodiac killed people ...

Im confused are you trying to say the zodiac may have done this .Theres nothing in this case that resembles how the zodiac killed people ...

Not at all similar really the zodiac attacked people in public places ,never in their homes.

No,I am not saying that at all. I don't think it's a Zodiac crime. It's just an interesting case with multiple victims, including young ones. Seems like there would be more mention of the case,and some publicity

Oh ok I see. I think we don't see this case on shows like Dateline is because of the very poor police work that would be spot lighted if they did.

Oh ok I see. I think we don't see this case on shows like Dateline is because of the very poor police work that would be spot lighted if they did.

You may be correct.

This case is another one that I often think about. If you're interested in seeing the documentary that was made about this case, let me know. I saw it and is very interesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back