The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so impressed with you all! I am so proud to be a part of the websleuths team. It is amazing what you can come up with when you have so many minds working together. I posted this case on a few other sites about unsolved crimes, with links to this thread also. And when I posted at classmate.com, I used the picture of the ring as my profile pic, hoping someone would see it and email me. I did the same thing at reunion.com. Are there any other sites that you all think may be helpful? I added it to myspace, but since it is frequented by a younger crowd, I don't know if it will do much good.

I think myspace has spread to the old folks now too. I don't think we outnumber the youngsters but we are getting there.
I love myspace. At first I registered to spy on my kids but it has grown on me. lol
I too, am proud to be a part of this group especially YOU.

Hi sleuther friends. I sent out several emails to alumni of the class of 1975, and hopefully i will hear something back from someone.

Lion

Hi Lion!
Good luck! Please do let us know if you hear anything.

Hi sleuther friends. I sent out several emails to alumni of the class of 1975, and hopefully i will hear something back from someone.

Lion

There is no mention of any clothing found on or near the body. I wonder if there was any or if she was nude?

Hi rich:). I emailed everyone on this list, and just ten minutes later I received an email from Matt Pettinos from the list.

He told me that he graduated from Robert E. Lee High School in San Antonio, not Houston. Oops. But, he did give me some good info about rings in general at that time. lol

Lion

http://www.neisd.net/lee/alumni/alumni.htm

Alumni list of email contact for 1975

Bob Brooks
kayaker@tamu.edu

Mindy (Gossen) Eisen
meisen@gt.rr.com

Norman King Edmunds
nedunds@home.com

David W. Green
dgreen@bhmvlaw.com

Brad Hodges
rocusa@aol.com

Jane Jenkins
9jcoleman@ev1.net

Janis Schorlemer Ploetz *
jploetz1@satx.rr.com

Matt Pettinos
pettinos@sbcglobal.net

Jim Ploetz
jploetz1@satx.rr.com

Victoria (Olson) Freilich
texolson@comcast.net

Karyl (Morton) Stanton
pstanton84@valornet.com

Rob Wayne
ewayne@grandecom.net

Lion, were you able to contact LE about the yearbook for Robert E Lee High School class of 1975? I just noticed that in the article I posted it says to contact the person below with any information about the case. Let me know if you want to contact him or if you would like me to.

Anyone with information about this case can contact Manvel Police Detective Jay Coffman at 281-489-1212 or e-mail him at jcoffman@manvelpd.org.

I added the side view and the fact that she was probably hispanic to my Houston post. I also asked how many hispanic woman were in the graduating class, that should narrow it down. Also wanted to add that there have been a few views to my page at classmates.com,so hopefully some responses soon.

Thank you Teons:). We may get a good tip from that.

I emailed 4 people who lost 1975 rings from REL High School. I know that they do not belong to them because the rings were reported from 2002 to 2006. But, since they went to that school, they might be able to offer some info. I referred them here, too.

When I hear of a, "Jane" or a "John" Doe, it bothers me that unless they are identified they have no individual name. That is why I call them Princess Doe or Prince Doe. Since our Princess Doe has was wearing the school ring with a blue stone, I am going to call her Princess Blue. I hope this okay with everyone. I am not asking that we all call her that, just if you don't mind, I want to call her by a name chosen just for her.

Lion

I emailed Detective Coffman of the Manvel PD to let him know that year book is on sale online. I asked him to please let me know if he does not plan on buying it in order to give one of us an opportunity to buy it.

Lion

I know that hair and eye color is not known, but I figured that if she is hispanic, then most likely she has brown/black hair and brown eyes, So I am looking at all hispanic girls between 1988 and 1991 to see if any mention a ring.

I know that hair and eye color is not known, but I figured that if she is hispanic, then most likely she has brown/black hair and brown eyes, So I am looking at all hispanic girls between 1988 and 1991 to see if any mention a ring.

Great idea teons. She may have die her hair blond. Do they usually let you know if it is dyed blond versus natural blond? I never know if i should just pass over certain hair colors because of that.

Lion

Most sites do state what the original color is and say that it may have been dyed. I expanded the search two years either way in case she was a runaway or her family waited some time to report her missing for some reason. Surprisingly there are only about 8 between 13-18 and three between 18-25 missing between 1988-1991. Maybe this girl was never reported missing?

Did you do a nationwide search? She may not have originally been from Texas, despite her ring.

Lion

More information: I just spoke with the librarian at the school. She was also a 1980 graduate of that school. She said that back then she thinks she recalls that students ordered their rings in the fall of their senior year. So, I asked her if she recalls when their senor pics were taken, and she said she thinks senior pics were taken the following spring. So, this means that the mystery ring owner may still have moved or dropped out prior to senior class pics, but not before buying a class ring. She could have picked it up even if she moved or dropped out.

Also, she said that anyone is welcome to sign in at the office and view the year books. The school has both 1974 and 1975 year books. I am 3 1/2 hours from there. Would anyone from the Houston area be willing to view and hopefully, if permitted, copy the pages with names and pictures from those 2 year books? If I didn't live so far I would.

Lion

This was also suggested from someone on the Houston board. I wish I was in the area, but alas I am in NC so I am no help there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member