WA WA - Nancy Moyer, 36, Tenino, 6 March 2009

What's going on with this case? How recent were her tattoos? There is often someone appreciating and encouraging someone to get tattoos. Where was her tattoo parlor? Has anyone checked out this angle?

Has this case been profiled on AMW, and if not, then why not? Her short stature and tattoos are clear identifiers.

I am still wondering about the other glass they took prints from and why it is taking so long to come back.

Just saw MISSING: Rachael Anderson, 40, from Clarkston, WA. Short and looks like Nancy Moyer. Odd. Disappears over weekend. Coincidence?

Is it just me thinking this way or are way too many women going missing from WA.

Help Find Nancy Moyer !​

090312_Nancy_Moyer.jpg
nancy-moyer.jpg

Nancy_7.JPG

http://www.nancymoyer.com/AboutNancy.html

Whatever happened to that glass that was being sent in for prints? I felt little hope that something useful would be gained, but I would still like to hear the outcome.

What's the latest Detective Haller?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to WS but I have read a little about this case as well as Shantina Smiley as I found it coincidental they are both in the Olympia area. Just wanted to share some insight about the Olympia area...it is rampant with meth and the outlying towns such as Tenino are where many of the Meth cooks live and many dealers go out to these little towns to get their supply. I also think there are some similarities in their appearances, they both look more ethnic than caucasion IMO and both have dark hair and dark eyes.

I can also say living in that area for several years and being very close to the meth scene that there are some very bizarre things these people do and weird almost cultish groups they are part of, there were many meth people that followed this person I believe the name was Ramtha or something like that and they would all meet at that property and have gatherings and I believe she would go into trances and other things, I do not know if she is still around. It does not appear that there are any indications of drug use by either Nancy or Smiley, however in an area like that trust me it is not hard to get sucked into. Even if there is no drug use just the sheer fact of where they disappeared from does not make me doubt for a second that drugs could have been a factor even if it just involved the perp.

I knew several women who had good, stable jobs and children and started dabbling in meth here and there with men and the next thing you know they are quitting there jobs and cashing out their 401k's to blow it all on meth. That area is horrible, I'm sure other towns/cities have the same problem but I can honestly say that the Olympia area and out of all the places I have lived that area struck me as the worst for sucking good, decent, nice people into meth and loosing everything they had in such a short time.

Shantina's case "appears" to be a drowning at least with her son but she is yet to be found.

Just thought I would shed some background on that area, also McCleary where the little girl is missing from and I apologize I do not remember her name at the moment and tried to find it but must be far down on the threads, anyway this town is in that area as well and when I saw the pictures someone had posted of the town it screamed METH COOK central to me. Sorry for the long post just noticed some people pointing out the vicinity of the missing women and thought I would give you a little background on the shadiness that goes on there.

You are thinking about Lindsey Baum, from McCleary. She has a sub-forum that is at the top of the main page.

Lindsey Baum - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks, I looked and looked and knew I would recognize the name if I saw it, it's late, should be in bed but this site has become a new obsession and I knew people would know who I was referring to, that's why this site is so good:dance:

Goombah are there any searches scheduled in the near future? Any updates you can share?

I have a feeling Nancy's case is headed for the cold case file drawer. Sure hope I'm wrong!

Dear Friends,

On Saturday, June 26th, the “Friends of Nancy Moyer” will be at Heritage Park in Olympia recognizing the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Lindsay Baum.

It is heartbreaking that Lindsay has been gone for a year and there are still no leads as to who has taken her. Our heart goes out to her family, friends and community.

There are so many people currently missing in the state of Washington. This event will recognize and give a face to those who are gone but not forgotten by their friends and loved ones.

The event is scheduled to run from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. There will be a safety magic show, the “Crime Stoppers” PT Cruiser, “Thurston County Search and Rescue” Bloodhounds and more educational fun for kids. Guest speakers include Melissa Baum (Lindsay Baum’s mother), Bev Poston (friend and colleague of Nancy Moyer), Chuck and/or Judy Cox (members of Susan Powell’s Family), as well as speakers from “Mothers Against Sex Crimes” and Law Enforcement.

The program will end with a musical concert being provided by Sam Watkins and Fate Train.

If you are able to attend, please come to provide support for this event. We want to raise our voices out loud to let those who are missing know they have not been forgotten and that we will continue searching for them with the hope of someday bringing them back home.

Bev Poston
Friends of Nancy Moyer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23