2010.06.01 - Casey Suffers Fall at Courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I would want to see the video either. Sounds like a brutal fall. Maybe if others report something interesting or suspicious...and then only through my fingers like I do in a scary movie.

I want to see the fall video as a fact gathering resource.
In case the A's or anyone tries to say that something different happened, than what actually happened.
We can see with our own eyes what actually happened.
We can decide for ourselves if we think anyone has any blame, or if it was just an unforeseeable accident.
I want to see the extent of her injuries (so they will not be played up by a Defense team or parents).

Camera Captures Casey Anthony's Fall
Video Of Fall Likely To Be Released On Wednesday

Authorities in Orange County confirmed on Wednesday that a video camera captured the fall suffered by Casey Anthony before her hearing on Tuesday.

Orange County Communications Manager Steve Triggs said he has viewed the video taken from an overhead camera in the elevator where the fall happened.

Triggs said it appeared one of Anthony's leg chains became entangled in the opening between the elevator and elevator door, causing her to fall forward.

Triggs said it doesn't currently appear there were any security issues arising from the incident.

Triggs said the video would likely be released to the public on Wednesday afternoon.
http://www.wesh.com/news/23768438/detail.html

Thanks for the info.

I don't care one way or the other if they release it to the media. The people who don't want to watch can simply change the channel. I'm just glad they got it on video in order to protect the guards from possible accusations of wrongdoing by the A family.

IMO

KCanklechains5-1.jpg

KCanklechains6-1.jpg

KCanklechains7-1.jpg

I want to see the fall video as a fact gathering resource.
In case the A's or anyone tries to say that something different happened, than what actually happened.
We can see with our own eyes what actually happened.
We can decide for ourselves if we think anyone has any blame, or if it was just an unforeseeable accident.
I want to see the extent of her injuries (so they will not be played up by a Defense team or parents).

Exactly! I am glad there is a tape of this incident so it can not be misinterpreted.

ETA If the guards were negligent in prisoner care, I am sure that will be handled by the proper authorities. Either way, this tape will be proof. No one else needs to be victimized because KC had an accident.

:seeya: Raising my hand to admit that I once caught my heel in an elevator door 'track' at a department store and executed a glorious wipe-out/supertumble onto the 3rd floor Housewares department. :blushing::blushing: I was able to break the fall somewhat with with arms and just had a few bruises, but my super-graceful moment was witnessed by plenty of folks. My husband just loves to remind me about it (lol) by saying, "Are you sure you were in a professional ballet company??!!" LOLOL. In all seriousness, I think I would die of embarassment if my incident was released on tape! :eek:

It's interesting that someone wasn't walking directly in front of KC on the way into court. That way, should she fall forward, she would have fallen into the person's back in front of her and KC would never have hit the pavement.

I am watching and heard that as well, Nana46!

LOL, I am not certain I believe it, tho!

I agree with you that it is so sad that Cindy did not seem to possess that same intuition when little Caylee was in grave danger, then the worst happened.

JMO

ahhhhhh but they were working off of kc's "intuition" at the time...think ca was also in on it as well..I know they refered to it alot...

And agree with the poster who said that they wish Brad would STOP with whining about the a's not able to visit her....they can---no one is stoping them except kc and her "team".....they don't need to cover the case just "hi" "how ya doing" type thing...I'm thinking all other convo is done via jb via letters.....I'm over it and them wanting sympathy for their situation..and how awful it must be for kc----its may be awful for her????? PLEASE WHAT ABOUT CAYLEE??????-----these are the areas that make sympathy, empathy whatever hard to fathom.....

It's interesting that someone wasn't walking directly in front of KC on the way into court. That way, should she fall forward, she would have fallen into the person's back in front of her and KC would never have hit the pavement.

don't think it was the pavement rather than whatever was on the courthouse floor.....

:seeya: Raising my hand to admit that I once caught my heel in an elevator door 'track' at a department store and executed a glorious wipe-out/supertumble onto the 3rd floor Housewares department. :blushing::blushing: I was able to break the fall somewhat with with arms and just had a few bruises, but my super-graceful moment was witnessed by plenty of folks. My husband just loves to remind me about it (lol) by saying, "Are you sure you were in a professional ballet company??!!" LOLOL. In all seriousness, I think I would die of embarassment if my incident was released on tape! :eek:

She mentions in her jailhouse letters being embarrassed about tripping on national TV. Wait til she finds out the video is being released (barring an emergency motion by JB of course). I am glad they have it on tape as evidence of what happened, but I am sure she will be beyond mortified. As a klutz myself I can only imagine. I inspect restaurants and once fell down the stairs to a basement in a fancy restaurant. TTL this was before security cameras were common. I'm sure all the restaurant owners would have been invited to a screening of my debut.

I can see the chain getting stuck in the groove(s) plate on the bottom of the elevator door. I have already caught my heel of my shoe in this groove while exiting an elevator. Heck, I have already caught my pants pocket on a lower cabinet door and went flying.

Accidents do happen in life.

I think there might have been a small little angel with her unseen foot at the ready for mom to exit that elevator. I know there's not a mean bone in Caylee's body - but that's what I'd like to think that's what happened.

:angel:

Hugz,

Mel

Self injury is very common among inmates and happens for numerous reasons. KC has been very adamant about wanting to wave her court appearances.

Self injury is listed in the (DSM-IV-TR) and one of it's "causes" is anxiety.
I would say going to court on a death pental case would be very taxing on an individual. So it's entirely possible KC could or would fake an injury to skip court proceedings.

I personally don't think KC did it on purpose though. That being said I also think it's a bit far fetched to think this was a conspiracy by the guards to allow KC to fall.

To me this was an accident plain and simple. People fall all the time it happens. I really just wanted to address the fact that self injury to avoid stressful situations does happen.
BBM. Without having seen the video yet, my conclusion is that is exactly what she did! I don't think Casey though as far ahead as chipping her tooth/busting her lip, but it sure got her some attention, without having to sit through boring court sessions and hear how she hasn't escaped the death penalty!:twocents:

I wonder if the CO stepped on the chain. It looks like it's possible. I wish I could slow down the video.

This did not occur in the court but in a small elevator. Someone WAS walking directly in front of her (per the video) but missed her falling. It appeared the security guard behind her attempted to break her fall but was too late.

It's impossible to see any details from that video. looks like she fell face first but soon turn over?

Watchng it again, I can see the CO pull the chain out of the gap in the door opening right after her fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog