Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here

okay done and done.
stormmolly you did not link a post only a thread so I guessed which one you wanted moved.

Please check it out, because I am in major screw up mode today. post migraine mischief.

To link a specific post in the future, click the number of the post it is white and in the right hand top corner area of your post. It will come up in a window all its own with a separate addy. just copy it and paste it where you want it and it will become a nice clickable link to your post.

JBean, I am totally confuzzled. I did a transcript of the interview with Tammi and jack after Tammi got out of jail, and I don't know whether to leave it here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4771686&postcount=195"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TAMMI posted bail, she is out of jail 2/3[/ame]
or to move it to documents:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95010"]Documents Thread- Gabriel Johnson Case **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
or Media:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93927"]AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months News Media and Updated Information ONLY. No Discussion. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I throw myself on your mercy to move it if necessary. All the others were done in General Discussion, so I am lost.

Thank you JBean yes, you got it right, so much appreciated

JBean, I am totally confuzzled. I did a transcript of the interview with Tammi and jack after Tammi got out of jail, and I don't know whether to leave it here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TAMMI posted bail, she is out of jail 2/3
or to move it to documents:
Documents Thread- Gabriel Johnson Case **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
or Media:
AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months News Media and Updated Information ONLY. No Discussion. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I throw myself on your mercy to move it if necessary. All the others were done in General Discussion, so I am lost.
It should be in the released from jail thread. :)
as an aside, any time something goes into a NO DISCUSSION thread it is no harm no foul because it cannot generate parallel discussion,which is why we ask it only be posted in one place.

JBean, Could you please move this post:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4741542&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Tammi Peters Smith- Background[/ame]

to this thread:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95152"]Elizabeth Johnson-Background Info - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks!

New to the case? You might want to start here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93927"]AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months News Media and Updated Information ONLY. No Discussion. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

That is a chronological no discussion list of media articles from the begininng. Easy to get the basics of the case, player names and general theories. Then, look over the threads and see what topic you would like to investigate and discuss further.
All of the threads titled **No Discussion** are for general reference and will have most case details without chit chat.

You will be caught up in no time and we look foward to your contributions to the ongoing discussions.

Reminder about public information.
Please do not cut and paste just link to the info. This linking should be limited to those that are specifically named in the case as a suspect, a player or someone having some information specific to the case. Generally if a person is named in the main stream media in one of the capacities I just referenced then linking to their public info should be fine.The mods in each forum have discretion as to how far it can go so you will find that not all forums are exactly the same. it all depends on the case and what is going on with it.

As I posted earlier, we do not want to invade the privacy of others by posting addresses and phone numbers from public info. The search site can be linked and each of us can look and review the information, so please do not post it here.

Could we post it somewhere with a mod seal of approval that Associated Content is a blog, not to be confused with the Associated Press?
AC is full of sensationilistic and wrong info and they get quoted a lot.

(Not to mention I get suspicious attempted download warning from about half their "articles.")

Could we post it somewhere with a mod seal of approval that Associated Content is a blog, not to be confused with the Associated Press?
AC is full of sensationilistic and wrong info and they get quoted a lot.

(Not to mention I get suspicious attempted download warning from about half their "articles.")

Sure :)

Associated Content is a paid blog site. It is entirely different from the Associated Press, a long-established, credible mainstream media source of news.

We want to stick with using credible, established media, as well as court documents, LE reports, etc, as our source references, because members and guests alike come to Websleuths as a source of reliable information about the cases we sleuth.

If there's a useful piece of information in a blog that no established reference can be found for, let's look at it on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks!
BeanE

Can I post the reply that I got from KENS5 regarding how they figured the value of the ring EJ allegedly had with her?

Can I post the reply that I got from KENS5 regarding how they figured the value of the ring EJ allegedly had with her?
ask the author of the email for permission to post it in its entirety.

Not Good:

- posting the full name of a person who is not a POI, suspect, or charged person in this case.

- posting someone's phone numbers or addresses.

- copying and pasting messages or comments from other sites.

- violating people's privacy

- reading this thread and violating the guidelines anyway.

Good:

- using a person's initials or first name only.

- providing a link to a search site people can use if they wish to obtain phone numbers or addresses.

- providing a link to a site that provides a phone number or address only when it's necessary to substantiate something.

- paraphrasing a message or comment and providing a link so others can go read the full message if they wish.

- being careful not to violate people's privacy.

- reading this thread and following the guidelines, asking questions where you're not sure.

- PMing a mod and asking if something is okay to post before you post it.

If you have any questions, please PM or post them here.

Thanks!
BeanE

Please don't start threads on individual persons. Threads need to be topic specific. If you're unsure of what topic to use for a thread, please feel free to PM me.

Please keep in mind that Gabe's family members are victims, not POIs or suspects. We won't be sleuthing them.

Thanks,
BeanE

Gentle reminder:

When a website is not permitted to be linked or discussed here, no associated sites are permitted to be linked or discussed here as well.

Please don't post them, please don't discuss their content.

Members and guests come to Websleuths for reliable, credible information, and these guidelines are what have helped to establish Websleuths as one of the best crime forums on the Internet. (The best IMO!)

Thank you for your cooperation and participation in making and keeping WS great!

BeanE

ETA: If you come across information, and you'd like some verification of it, don't forget that you can add questions for Gabe's family in the Question for the Family thread here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94668"]Questions for the Family **No Discussion** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Gentle reminder:

When a website is not permitted to be linked or discussed here, no associated sites are permitted to be linked or discussed here as well.

Please don't post them, please don't discuss their content.

Members and guests come to Websleuths for reliable, credible information, and these guidelines are what have helped to establish Websleuths as one of the best crime forums on the Internet. (The best IMO!)

Thank you for your cooperation and participation in making and keeping WS great!

BeanE

ETA: If you come across information, and you'd like some verification of it, don't forget that you can add questions for Gabe's family in the Question for the Family thread here:
Questions for the Family **No Discussion** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I have read the Terms of Service and I have read Threadiquette. And I still feel like I'm a complete novice sometimes at knowing what can and cannot be posted.

When I have a question about posting something I've gone and looked for its suitability and don't post if I'm not sure. I try really hard to post appropriately. But I'm confused b/c one I posted I didn't have any thought that it wouldn't be acceptable, so I didn't go searching as I noted above.

Are the TOS and Threadiquette the best sources for what links / sites are acceptable to reference?
Is there a list of actual sites that Websleuths does not allow us to link to? How do I know if a site is associated with a site that is not allowed to be linked here?
Should I always ask or will I annoy the mods if I do that?

I have read the Terms of Service and I have read Threadiquette. And I still feel like I'm a complete novice sometimes at knowing what can and cannot be posted.

When I have a question about posting something I've gone and looked for its suitability and don't post if I'm not sure. I try really hard to post appropriately.

But what I'm confused about is that the one I posted I didn't have any thought that it wouldn't be acceptable, so I didn't go searching as I noted above.

Are the TOS and Threadiquette the best sources for what links / sites are acceptable to reference? Is the lesson to always ask or will I annoy the mods if I do that?

Hi, Boo. Thanks so much for your post. We have the TOS, and we have Threadiquette, but there are still some things that, as Tricia says, are grey areas, and they have to be looked at on a case by case, forum by forum, issue by issue basis.

On the link you posted, the source is associated with a website that's not permitted. To be honest, I don't know if we have a list of sites that can't be linked, but I'm going to ask admin, and I'm going to get back to everybody with an answer about that.

Basically, at any time you (or anybody) isn't sure about the guidelines, the very best thing you can do is to PM a mod. We don't mind at all! We love it when people do that! It actually saves us work in the long run. So please, everyone should always feel free to PM a mod with any questions at all. I promise - we love it!

If you're not sure who the mods are for any forum on WS, go to the main page of the specific forum you're in, scroll all the way to the bottom, and towards the right hand side you'll see a list of that forum's mods. It's right next to the list of who's currently reading the forum.

If you can't find it, don't worry! You can always PM any mod at all, and if they don't work in that forum, they'll find you a mod who does.

Again, PMing mods, admins, or Tricia is always welcome and encouraged!

I'm a mini-mod for Gabe's forum. If you ever can't get hold of me, JBean is an admin as well as a mod for Gabe's forum.

Let me also see if there's a list available of which mods work in which forums, and who all the admins are, and I'll get that info in here too.

I hope this helps. If not, holler at me :)

Thanks again, Boo.
BeanE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa