GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
... "We know what she does and doesn't do. We were 100 per cent convinced within 30 minutes of arriving at the flat that she had been abducted."

I am thinking the oven might of been on still.

This case is really striking because it's the story we all hear about but dread to take reflection on - this could happen to any of us. The most vulnerable place we can be unsuspectingly is in our homes, at least imo.

[I was about to go on a tangent of speculation here, but I hit my backspace bar for 20 odd minutes and have decided to write something else.]
The one thing that is blinding me about this case, it's comparable to a disco ball being in the doctors office, boyfriend went out of town that weekend. From earlier reports, if I read them correctly, wasn't she supposed to go and was excited about meeting his parents? The articles of this case, starting from the top of this thread, have changed over time and I am unable to find where I read that - but I could of sworn I read that... unless my eyes have really gone that bad.

This case is really striking because it's the story we all hear about but dread to take reflection on - this could happen to any of us. The most vulnerable place we can be unsuspectingly is in our homes, at least imo.

[I was about to go on a tangent of speculation here, but I hit my backspace bar for 20 odd minutes and have decided to write something else.]
The one thing that is blinding me about this case, it's comparable to a disco ball being in the doctors office, boyfriend went out of town that weekend. From earlier reports, if I read them correctly, wasn't she supposed to go and was excited about meeting his parents? The articles of this case, starting from the top of this thread, have changed over time and I am unable to find where I read that - but I could of sworn I read that... unless my eyes have really gone that bad.

Don't erase your tangents! I love speculation, and only avoid it myself as I have no native sleuthing abilities whatsoever, lol. Love to read other people's, though!

Was she supposed to go on the visit over the weekend? I don't recall reading that, though I could have read right by it. Still looking for older articles where that info might have been given.

The case has been compared both that of the still missing Claudia Lawrence (WS thread-link above in first post), and to that of Melanie Hall fourteen years ago:

Detectives have highlighted the ‘striking similarities’ between Miss Yeates’s disappearance and the unsolved murder of Melanie Hall.

Miss Hall disappeared without a trace in 1996 from a Bath nightclub, 14 miles from Miss Yeates’s home in Bristol.

Both women were 25 when they vanished after apparently returning home following a social engagement with friends.

They had short blonde hair, and their graduation pictures show two women of similar appearance.
---
‘They are both pretty girls who look very similar and who vanished without a trace. The geographic link is there and the fact that they have both been placed by the side of roads is also very disturbing.’

more at
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urney-Joanna-Yeates-killer.html#ixzz19KS5yAWY

I would also be checking cameras at the pub to see who she made contact with there. Maybe she met someone there, told them where she lived and said she would pick up a pizza on the way for them to share and things went bad from there. Maybe the perp got rid of the pizza as evidence but didn't think of the receipt. Just shooting in the dark here.

May justice be swift for Joanna.

MOO

Seems a long time between Miss Hall's murder and Jo's to be connected, but we also don't know if there aren't others that have just never been solved. Hmmm...

The two women really do look alike, though.

Seems a long time between Miss Hall's murder and Jo's to be connected, but we also don't know if there aren't others that have just never been solved. Hmmm...

The two women really do look alike, though.

Yes, I doubt that they are connected. It seems more of a tabloid paper reaching for a sensational storyline than it does a logical avenue of investigation.

Still, one never knows.

IIRC, it was said that the BF had just met her parents or something similar indicating the seriousness of their relationship?? I'll go try to find the link...

(BTW, ITA about being vulnerable in our homes because we put our guard down.... my husband thinks I'm nuts because I lock the door when I take the dog out for a walk around the neighborhood...)

Her BF said that he had left for his parents' house before she got home... But,what if he hadn't ? They ate the pizza. Did they argue maybe ? He mentioned something about it being a big deal for a boyfriend to meet his girlfriend's parents.Which he was supposed to do soon. They had just started living together in this flat.

I can't really see a stranger waiting in the flat for her. And can't really see her going to eat pizza with a neighbor,and being murdered. LE would know if anyone had called her about coming over to the flat that night,or that weekend. I wonder if they checked her call records, and her emails ?

I don't think she was abducted by a stranger. MOO

All JMO.

BBM- I think this was what we remembered...

ETA:
'She was my future. This Christmas was going to be our first together. I was going to spend it with her family, which is always a big deal for a boyfriend.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...YeatesL-Police-womans-body.html#ixzz19KkcXVtE

Re the missing pizza box : if the killer was not supposed to have been in the flat that night, because,say, he was out of town, then that would explain why he couldn't leave the pizza box in the flat. Because,how could he explain his prints on the pizza box when he was supposedly not in the flat when Jo came home.... ?

Not an interrupted burglary here,IMO.

All JMO

They are looking at the computer records and phone recocords of her boyfriend. But, they say that he's probably not involved...

I was wondering about this. Per article linked below they took his laptop and phone. Is it standard operating procedure to take the communication devices of significant others?

Also in the article is a mention of the half-brother he visited that weekend and the fact that the half-brother gave the police a statement including times. Article states half-brother is reluctant to talk about the visit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rchitect-Jo-Yeates-sobs-I-want-Christmas.html

I would be interested in seeing the boyfriend's timeline for that weekend.

Yes, I doubt that they are connected. It seems more of a tabloid paper reaching for a sensational storyline than it does a logical avenue of investigation.

Still, one never knows.

Melanie Hall's remains were only found last year at the side of a road in a bag so where were they for all those years? Assuming they'd not been there long. Maybe the killer was in prison for something else.

This current case is very puzzling. I'm interested to know what's in the autopsy report.

Melanie Hall's remains were only found last year at the side of a road in a bag so where were they for all those years? Assuming they'd not been there long. Maybe the killer was in prison for something else.

This current case is very puzzling. I'm interested to know what's in the autopsy report.

Yes, me too on the autopsy report, and thanks for the Melanie Hall info - I'd been meaning to google that case as I'm not at all familiar with it, but hadn't gotten around to doing so.

<snipped>

"Mr Reardon, whose phone and computer have been taken by police, is also an architect in the same practice as his girlfriend."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340586/Boyfriend-missing-architect-Jo-Yeates-sobs-I-want-Christmas.html

Just pulling this over because I think it's important to know where he works as well.

And, pulling this quote:

... "We know what she does and doesn't do. We were 100 per cent convinced within 30 minutes of arriving at the flat that she had been abducted."

I keep coming back to this quote for some reason. Sorry if I am putting pressure on something that isn't bleeding, but I am waiting for the right explanation for this.

Various news reports all state that Jo was fully clothed when she was found... Possibly not a sexual assault then,unless the killer took the time to dress her. So, apparently not a robbery. Possibly not a sexual aasault either. Cause of death not apparent from looking at the body... If this was a murder ( and I believe it was ), then it would seem that the motive must have been more personal ? MOO

All JMO

<snipped>

"Mr Reardon, whose phone and computer have been taken by police, is also an architect in the same practice as his girlfriend."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340586/Boyfriend-missing-architect-Jo-Yeates-sobs-I-want-Christmas.html

Just pulling this over because I think it's important to know where he works as well.

And, pulling this quote:

I keep coming back to this quote for some reason. Sorry if I am putting pressure on something that isn't bleeding, but I am waiting for the right explanation for this.

IIRC, Jo's BF was the first one in the flat after she went missing. He mentioned that their cat had not been let out in a couple of days...So, given what her father said about them knowing what she did and didn't do, I would take a guess that the cat had peed etc. in the flat. They probably didn't use a litter pan,just let the cat out at night. So, could it be that ? MOO

The father said Jo and her boyfriend were quite messy people and that Jo had planned to tidy up on Saturday. So maybe if the place was still a mess then they knew she must have disappeared before she got the chance to tidy up?

The father said Jo and her boyfriend were quite messy people and that Jo had planned to tidy up on Saturday. So maybe if the place was still a mess then they knew she must have disappeared before she got the chance to tidy up?

That is possible. I guess the stumper for me is the 30 minute time frame. Unless she had a specific phone call to place, or somewhere to be, how do they know that 30-minutes? My guess was the stove, as stated earlier.

To me, seems like police have more information that the public isn't privy too, or there was something specific her parents knew and can contribute to the 30 minute window.

Just really strange.

Or perhaps it was too clean like someone had cleaned up after a crime...

That is possible. I guess the stumper for me is the 30 minute time frame. Unless she had a specific phone call to place, or somewhere to be, how do they know that 30-minutes? My guess was the stove, as stated earlier.

To me, seems like police have more information that the public isn't privy too, or there was something specific her parents knew and can contribute to the 30 minute window.

Just really strange.

BBM - it does sound like the parents have been given more details

POLICE believe CCTV may show Joanna Yeates’ killer crossing a bridge on his way to dump her body.

“We were 100% convinced within 30 minutes of arriving she had been abducted.”

He said there were “other factors, other reasons that we’ve been asked by the police not to go into”, that left him convinced she had been snatched.

David added: “We had grave concerns based on what was in the flat. We knew she had not gone of her own volition. We came to the conclusion it was unlikely she would have been found alive.

more here

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ler-caught-on-cctv-on-bridge-115875-22809044/

BBM - it does sound like the parents have been given more details

POLICE believe CCTV may show Joanna Yeates’ killer crossing a bridge on his way to dump her body.

“We were 100% convinced within 30 minutes of arriving she had been abducted.”

He said there were “other factors, other reasons that we’ve been asked by the police not to go into”, that left him convinced she had been snatched.

David added: “We had grave concerns based on what was in the flat. We knew she had not gone of her own volition. We came to the conclusion it was unlikely she would have been found alive.

more here

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ler-caught-on-cctv-on-bridge-115875-22809044/

"Grave concerns about what was in the flat " " Unlikely she would have been found alive ". Blood spatter ?

For people who may not be familiar with the UK media, The Daily Mail has a reputation for making quite big assumptions, digging for a story and being quite right wing (sometimes bordering on racist).

In terms of Joanna's partner's half-brother not wishing to speak to the paper, I would see this more of a reflection of the fact that he would be concerned of how they may twist what he says, rather than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave