ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, long time reader but first time poster. I didn't feel I had much to contribute until now.

Firstly, I just watched the 11:15 am Montreal press conference on and here are some points I jotted down. I am waiting to be added into the forum so these may have been posted by the time I am activated, excuse me if they are I am going to cut and paste from my notepad when I am activated. (its been more than 3 hours to get activated so I am sure these are up now but going to post anyway)

From the Press Conference:

-Packages in vancouver originated from montreal, different post office. the outside packaging (possibly labels?) was very similar

-They won't give the total number of body parts because the scene was so greusome but will say that the head is now still missing and that is the only one part they are looking for.

-A false special fx foot was found in montreal raising copycat fears, it was discovered it is a movie quality prop and is definitely a fake but very convincing

- People in montreal trying to raise money for Lin's family to help them out in montreal and have places to stay while there. The family will be meeting with police today.

- Confirmed that Magnotta spent time on american west coast and are currently trying to link him to vancouver

-There are notes in the packages both new and the original ones sent to ottawa, I do not believe this was mentioned previously.

-I believe they said the genatalia was on the scene and not removed. I can't be sure because a reporter not with the station i was watching asked the question so i couldn't hear their wording but the officer said "no we are not looking for that, that was found on the scene and was not removed" but it could have been anything.

-Police in no rush to bring LM back, paperwork is underway and montreal police are using the time to focus on the ongoing investigation

Secondly, I'm in Ontario area and not surpised to have a bit of a 6 degrees to the suspect. I was surfing facebook and found this convo under a post by a friend about the case. I have taken names out since they are friends of my friend and not me,

"Mr.X: He went to my elementary school and jr. high.
Mr. Y: You remember him being a weird person at all?
Mr.X: He came to my school in grade 5, but he had been home schooled up until then. He was really effeminate and quiet and got picked on a lot because he only hung out with girls. Apparently he didn't have the best situation at home (surprise, surprise), but I've only read about that stuff recently. I never really spoke too much too much while we were in school together."

So that seems to support a lot of what we knew about his school days at least (the homeschooling, the antisocial stuff, bullying).

I understand that but who are the people who get to make these decisions about what is morally right for the rest of us. Is there some group of people we can trust to make these decisions and know they will make the right ones each time. I think we right now we call them "congress" and by my math they get it WRONG 9 times out of 10.

The point is what is moral for you may not be moral for someone else and nobody has a right to tell others what is good or bad for them, people can make those decisions themselves. Read the book 1984 and see how you feel about having a Ministry of Morality making decisions for everyone about what they can watch, read, SEE, HEAR, taste, all of it decided by some group of people who we are just supposed to trust, why? JUST BECAUSE.

You also seem to assume the only reason to watch the video is PLEASURE OR AMUSEMENT but there are many, many other reasons for watching that video, be creative and you will realize that.

How would you feel about video of the murders of Leslie Mahaffy, Kristen French, Jessica Lloyd, or Cpl. Marie-France Comeau plastered all over the internet? It's sickening and it would be devastating for the family to have that video circulating so everyone could watch the torturous final hours of their loved ones. What happens when a 12 year old accidentally stumbles onto video of actual torture and murder? It is not censorship to keep video of murders off the internet ... in my opinion, it is common decency.

One thing I know for sure ... the murderers would like nothing better than to know that their videos of the torture and murder of innocent people are all over the internet.

I don't see the evil in his pictures post arrest. I don't see anything. I think without someone to mimic and an idol to imitate, Luka will turn out to be quite the blob. Not really any real personality of his own to be seen.

It cracks me up that his lawyer says he is nice and polite and looks nothing like a psychopath. There's a video she should watch..
I wonder what she thinks a psychopath looks like. i hope that no one is fooled or charmed by the act.

I don't see the evil in his pictures post arrest. I don't see anything. I think without someone to mimic and an idol to imitate, Luka will turn out to be quite the blob. Not really any real personality of his own to be seen.

It cracks me up that his lawyer says he is nice and polite and looks nothing like a psychopath. There's a video she should watch..
I wonder what she thinks a psychopath looks like. i hope that no one is fooled or charmed by the act.

Yeah, Ted Bundy was quite handsome and a real charmer.

Greetings,

Great work done here on WS. You are a great group of people.

I will post in three posts so as not to make a very long post.

If you are interested…..

***graphic ***

The perpetrator: In analyzing the perp’s psychology, actions, and his videos, (3 animal killing videos and 1 human body desecration video) an interesting pattern comes to light.

Pattern in the “kitten” videos: in all three cases of the documented kitten killings, there is no real physical contact between killer and victim at the time of actual death. Contact is limited to pre and post-mortem.

Most murderous sadists, or ritual killers (particularly those who do not kill with guns, but rather bare hands, knives, blunt instruments, etc.) get fulfillment from the intimate and close physical contact (sexual and/or non sexual) during the suffering of the live victim, as well as the close physical and personal contact with the live victim at the time of actual death.

In other words…..It takes one hearty/sadistic (for lack of better terms) person to physically inflict fatal wounds, with their hands (even by instrument) to a being who is still moving around and still has the breath of life.

Think of BTK, Gacy, or Dahmer. All were very personal and intimate killers who enjoyed the aforementioned.

Compare those crimes to this perp. A bit of a difference.

Next post: Kitten /Human Killings

Controversial opinion here.

Do I feel sorry for Magnotta? Yes.

Do I think he came across as friendly to his lawyer? Yes

Do I think he should be locked up forever?: Absolutely.

Here are the reasons why I do and do not feel sorry for him:

- He is now cut off from his internet world which was the only world he could really exist in, and is scared. The fact that he seemed scared during the flight as well as in Paris and Berlin would witness that. As would the fact that prison guards in Berlin have described him as 'meek'.

-He needs to be locked up forever. As much as I feel sorry for him (and I do) I feel so much more empathy for his victim, poor Justin. Justin by all accounts was looking for companionship and love, and this is what he stumbled across. Words fail me.

I hope people don't take this post the wrong way. Magnotta has to, and will be locked up for life. But this is such a complex case, the likes of wich we haven't seen for a very long time.

James, thank you for this. I too, feel a small amount of empathy for him. I as well came from a horrific start in life...and was fortunate to be removed and placed with a more caring family. Nevertheless, I have struggled all my life with abandonment issues, and pyschological scarring from "failure to thrive" conditions of the first year of my life. So, I can somewhat identify with the early Eric Newman. I had a support system growing up. It seems he did not, not a healthy one in any case. Earlier I mentioned that I feel he is am empty hole looking desperately to be filled up, and the path he took to find "himself" turned out to be a dark and evil road. He needs to be locked up forever. He needs to pay for his crime. I don't believe he can redeem himself ever. But, my heart cries for young Eric Newman, the boy everyone overlooked.

Respectfully snipped by me ...

I absolutely disagree. Teens and youth today are all about outdoing each other - coming up with the next extreme that outdoes the last one (just like reality TV). I see no historical value in memorializing a murderer like Eric Newman by ensuring that video of his murderous acts are preserved. I think everything he is, stands for and produces should be wiped from history in the same way that Russell William's history was wiped out. All that remains of Russell William's history is documentary regarding his murders ... none of his video is necessary. There is absolutely nothing similar between Eric Newman and the murder of 6 million Jewish people during WW2.

Case in point ... have you ever heard of Marcel Petiot? His actions were horrific ... but video of his actions are not needed to ensure that people never forget who he was.

It's D-Day today ...
You can pick and choose all sorts of individual reasons why this or that should not be allowed, my concern here is the BIG PICTURE and the smaller issue of a few people being offended by something is a lot less important than the larger issue of freedom of expression and a free uncensored internet. I respect everyone's opinion but what I do have a hard time respecting is those who do not consider the LONG TERM CONSEQUENCES OF THE THINGS THEY ADVOCATE FOR AND SUPPORT. The IMMEDIATE gratification that may result in censoring something like this from the internet is not worth sacrificing the larger issue of a free and uncensored world wide web in my opinion. I realize that not everyone cares about the big picture and they are more concerned with the here and now but I just cant bring myself to support things in the here and now that will likely have devastating effects on the type of world my grandchildren will grow up in? Does that mean I want my grandchildren to grow up in a world where videos like this are OK, no, it does not, but I certainly DO NOT want them, even more so, to grow up in a world where a SELECT FEW get to decide everything for everyone else, and that is the world we are headed to full steam ahead and I will personally do everything I can to prevent that world or slow down the train that is headed for it.

Given his known support of white supremacist propaganda, if he spoke German I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem connecting with like-minded individuals in the Berlin jail... Oh yeah, that's right, he doesn't speak German and he probably can't pull off his malarkey when he isn't hiding behind a keyboard... Poor thing, if he never hired that "crazy manager" in the first place, none of this would be happening to him...

He doesn't speak the language so likely can't chat with many people. He won't understand any television that may be available to him. His hideous crime was overshadowed by Berlin's own horrific dismemberment story so he's likely not all over the news. He has no way to lap up his infamy which is why he likely did all of this to begin with (IMO). He's surrounded by the hardest of criminals in a maximum security prison who would undoubtedly like to induct him in ways which he would be powerless to; he should be terrified.

Poor, poor Eric didn't think this one through very well.

Wow, I haven't seen any of this blog before. There's lots of rambling entries about how much he hates his family, how beautiful he is, how he's better looking than a prince...it goes on and on. Some of the comments on his entries are amusing.

Hello all again!!! :seeya:

I'd like to re-post my post from thread #5 again cos I'm sure many ppl missed it since it was locked, I would like everyone's feedback, since Jun was not reported missing till May 29th, we know LE did not log into his account on the 28th of May, who did???:eek:hoh::eek:hoh: :eek:hoh: so I think this info is reallyyyyy strange..

Here goes:

Well I just stumbled on the above post, and decided based on his e-mail address ( Jun's) to see what can be found. I found some personal pics which I don't think should be added here.

But what was more disturbing is that I found a Quebec forum http://www.sinoquebec.com (Chinese language) which he was registered on (based on the help from Google Translate he was subleting or trying to share his apt) what is MORE disturbing is that the last login was MAY 28th at 3.48PM and his last post May 24th @ 8.55am!!!!!!!!
:what:

Here is what Google translated from the ad: (chinese) he had posted this ad numerous times since Feb 12

Thread: 2121 st-mathieu junior half, June and July, short rent every month 700
by ljustin
2121 st-mathieu junior half, short rent per month in June and July 700
The newly renovated, wood floors, bright and large windows, away from the guy-concordia metro station, very close to the swimming pool, sauna. Price: 950 $ now

I registered on the forum just so I can see his profile, and I took both print screens so I can post them here

Profile with last login May 28th:
Fire_Shot_Screen_Capture_014_View_Profile_l.jpg

Last post on May 24th....8:55am
Fire_Shot_Screen_Capture_015_Search_Results.jpg

ALL THIS IS VERY STRANGE.

Yeah, Ted Bundy was quite handsome and a real charmer.

Oh believe me, I know. Wasn't part of the reason he was able to escape because people didn't see the psychopath in him and lock him down like they should have, even inside the courthouse?

I fear Luka doing the same thing, because I think if he gets loose, he'll try to take out as many people as he can just because he knows his internet addiction will get him caught again anyway.

Now that I think of it, if he tries to use Internet addiction as a defense I'll go completely insane. Is there any way that could fly in Canadian court, or would they shut that down right away?

***graphic ***

Re: Kitten killings- Notice there is always a barrier between perp and victim. With the drowning….the cat is placed on a stick. In the python killing, the python does the actual killing. Then, we have the suffocation. As is the case with the previous deaths, there is a barrier (a plastic bag) between the perp and the victim. No physical contact between killer and victim at time of death.

This is a most telling observation. It displays a certain cowardice but that given time, maybe could have been tamed and the barrier broken through.

The human killing: We know the actual act was not made available to the general public. We do not know if it exists. It seems out of sorts that this is the case, particularly when this individual tends to show that portion and because this showcase to the public nourishes the deepest depths of himself by him feeding on the visceral reactions of his audience both real and imagined.

Noteworthy also, is that in observation of the screen shot of the decapitated head, the blood pattern/spill indicates that this action was most likely taken post mortem. If this action was taken pre-mortem the pattern would look quite different. That said, I was not on the scene investigating and can only make statements based on the video evidence.

A few possibilities …….

1. Perp was unable to carry out physically murderous actions due to either unintended or purposeful overdose of his victim. If purposeful OD, (because could not stomach the cutting of live victim) this would create the said “barrier” between perp and victim at time of death, as has been his pattern thus far. If unintended OD, this would frustrate the perp greatly and destroy the climax of the killing.

2. Perp suffocated victim with a pillow. (barrier)

3. Perp wants to edit that portion for future defense purposes.

I believe that this is the perps first human killing. Perhaps, an experimental action that given time would have escalated. He was clumsy, gleeful, and childlike in his frenzied eagerness to desecrate this person’s body, doing things that had no real value to him (the beer bottle, the dog, the humping, the hand stuff, etc.) other than to display this to an audience. Superfluous, IMO.

He can handle the post mortem activity because it is easier to disassociate from the being. For example, a person would have a different reaction to an autopsy versus being on the scene of a dying human being who is still alive. Very different animals.

On line persona (barrier between perp and public)
With the Kittens (barrier between perp and victim)
Meeting victim on internet (barrier between perp and victim)
Editing of killing (barrier between perp, perp’s act and public)

Next: the Victim

PAXIMUS, I'm not sure which country you're in, but Canada has very reasonable laws regarding the rights of individuals. Canada does not have anything similar to the US Patriot Act. Canadians have many rights, but it is not a right to make a film of the torture, murder, dismemberent of anyone and then publish it for an international audience. It is not censorship to ensure that this does not happen.

Hello all again!!! :seeya:

I'd like to re-post my post from thread #5 again cos I'm sure many ppl missed it since it was locked, I would like everyone's feedback, since Jun was not reported missing till May 29th, we know LE did not log into his account on the 28th of May, who did???:eek:hoh::eek:hoh: :eek:hoh: so I think this info is reallyyyyy strange..

Here goes:

Well I just stumbled on the above post, and decided based on his e-mail address ( Jun's) to see what can be found. I found some personal pics which I don't think should be added here.

But what was more disturbing is that I found a Quebec forum http://www.sinoquebec.com (Chinese language) which he was registered on (based on the help from Google Translate he was subleting or trying to share his apt) what is MORE disturbing is that the last login was MAY 28th at 3.48PM and his last post May 24th @ 8.55am!!!!!!!!
:what:

Here is what Google translated from the ad: (chinese) he had posted this ad numerous times since Feb 12

Thread: 2121 st-mathieu junior half, June and July, short rent every month 700
by ljustin
2121 st-mathieu junior half, short rent per month in June and July 700
The newly renovated, wood floors, bright and large windows, away from the guy-concordia metro station, very close to the swimming pool, sauna. Price: 950 $ now

I registered on the forum just so I can see his profile, and I took both print screens so I can post them here

Profile with last login May 28th:
Fire_Shot_Screen_Capture_014_View_Profile_l.jpg

Last post on May 24th....8:55am
Fire_Shot_Screen_Capture_015_Search_Results.jpg

ALL THIS IS VERY STRANGE.

I seem to remember in early news reports that it was said his friends checked his email accounts and whatnot for news of him. I wouldn't make too much of this.

Re: Mr. Lin- First, I am sorry when any human loses their life. Human life has value. There is no such thing as “acceptable” murder.

In this case we see an individual, (Mr. Lin) for whatever reason, and like hundreds of thousands of others, sought out sexual trysts on the internet. (his right and privilege as an adult) I am certain that he met the perp on the web. In such cases where a person chooses to meet up with a stranger, it is a possibility they may meet a disturbed person who could kill them. The chances are slim, but it has happened before, as you all know.

This does not mean the victim is to be blamed. However, it does mean that when this man (Mr. Lin) agreed to meet up with the perp, he took that risk.

It must be admitted that I do have different “levels” of sympathy…For right or wrong. When I was exposed to crime, I did not react the same when I saw a murder, of say a gang member, who was participating in activities that had great risk, as I did seeing a crime with a child or adult who was I will call a “wholly innocent” human being.

That said, with the killing of what I will call a “wholly innocent” I sympathize differently.

I can understand those who mentioned they had a stronger emotional reaction to the kittens. I agree with those on this board who said that this is perfectly normal. For reasons already stated by others, and I believe here, there is nothing wrong with this. And, if there are those who react stronger to the human killing rather than the kittens….. that’s fine too. These are personal matters that we must reckon on our own. Same goes for viewing the video/s.

That concludes my analysis. I would be curious and interested as to what others may care to add. If not, it was great to follow your threads as I have from the beginning.

Now on a more personal note:

There are some posters who I especially enjoy reading.

“It puts the lotion in the basket” Very good Gypsy Road. I thought so too. Exactly. Ha Ha…….

revampz , have enjoyed your levelheaded comments.

And others too.

Thank you.

He doesn't speak the language so likely can't chat with many people. He won't understand any television that may be available to him. His hideous crime was overshadowed by Berlin's own horrific dismemberment story so he's likely not all over the news. He has no way to lap up his infamy which is why he likely did all of this to begin with (IMO). He's surrounded by the hardest of criminals in a maximum security prison who would undoubtedly like to induct him in ways which he would be powerless to; he should be terrified.

Poor, poor Eric didn't think this one through very well.

Quite true ... they have their own beheading of a woman by her husband while her children may have watched ... all because she asked him to move out after discovering that he was seeing another woman.

but do you really want.........the government........to define what is moral?
because if you do, being overweight will soon be legally a crime.....
viewing any type of *advertiser censored* may soon be legally a crime.....
what if they demand that is is moral that you attend church at least once a week? or that is inmoral to do so.

i just dont understand people wanting the government to put us all on puppet strings or turn us into "yessir" robots....

shouldnt it be up to YOU an individual as to what is moral for YOU?

because like i said on my other post...i most certainly do not want ANY MORE people telling me HOW to live my life and what i am allowed to eat, drink, view, read and listen to.

while i dont indulge in gore and all that.....that is MY choice.

BANNING things NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER works. it didnt work back in the days of prohibition....it doesnt work now. look at the drugs that are ILLEGAL and yet it does not stop people from using them and commiting crimes while strung out on them. when we take away personal freedoms, people will rebel and find other ways of obtaining what is morally wrong to individuals.

less government....more personal responsbility.

/rant. lol with that, I respect your opinion on it all :)

ITA however in a democracy we are the government we elect and we have the power to rewrite the social norms we want our democracy to reflect. We aren't living under a dictatorship or some communism regime.

Oh believe me, I know. Wasn't part of the reason he was able to escape because people didn't see the psychopath in him and lock him down like they should have, even inside the courthouse?

I fear Luka doing the same thing, because I think if he gets loose, he'll try to take out as many people as he can just because he knows his internet addiction will get him caught again anyway.

Now that I think of it, if he tries to use Internet addiction as a defense I'll go completely insane. Is there any way that could fly in Canadian court, or would they shut that down right away?

Luka.. charming? I don't think you have to worry about him charming his way to freedom. He is scary looking.. his voice, eyes & manner of speaking are disturbing.

You could see the "charm" in pictures of Bundy smiling and such.. he looks like the boy next door. THIS freak.. he gives me chills... especially his eyes that flicker between evil & dead. :couch:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288