TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve kept an open mind regarding who may have killed Karen; although, many facets of the case seem to point to her husband. The most compelling for me is the statement that Karen reportedly told a friend of hers that if anything bad happened to her, her husband would be the one responsible (paraphrased and sorry do not have the source to post but believe it was stated by said friend on NG)!

I have watched a few cases on 48 hours, recently, in which the husbands of murdered women were the prime suspects of LE and the murderers; yet, the various LE agencies did not arrest the husbands for several years after each crime was committed because it was felt by applicable prosecuting attorneys that they did not have strong enough cases to prevail in a court of law…such a shame!!!

Did Karen’s husband willingly give DNA samples? If LE has his DNA and if it matched DNA on Karen’s body, car, clothing found the night she disappeared, etc…the defense could argue that they lived together so it would not be unusual to find his DNA near/on Karen.

If other persons’ DNA was found, it must not be entered in CODIS or those individuals have been ruled out.

An update from the Sheriff’s office would be nice…

Justice for Karen!

If I were the DA, I'd be talking to Jeff Ashton and the DA that prosecuted Mary Winkler to see what mistakes they think they made and any advice they could offer.

Great idea but I know the DA and don't believe that will ever happen.

After seeing some of the cases I follow nail the thugs involved involved, thanks in large part to surveillance video -
that's what this case lacks.
I don't know how much effort was made to get as much video material as possible, but I wonder if there's too much of a relying on DNA to solve cases, whereas surveillance video is worth it's weight in gold... IMO..

After seeing some of the cases I follow nail the thugs involved involved, thanks in large part to surveillance video -
that's what this case lacks.
I don't know how much effort was made to get as much video material as possible, but I wonder if there's too much of a relying on DNA to solve cases, whereas surveillance video is worth it's weight in gold... IMO..

I definitely question also that they have come to rely too much on DNA evidence. If there is DNA evidence is one thing, but when there is none, seems to me that relying on it alone can be a big mistake in cases where there is substantial circumstantial evidence. JMO

When will there be an arrest?? I am honestly shocked that it has taken this long.

:rose: Thinking of you Karen :rose:

This article is from May but I looked back and don't see it linked.

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/story/Dyer-Co-Sheriff-Confident-Karen-Swifts-Killer/ZiZT2PSbFE-1-HGlpDpxUQ.cspx

For eight months, Dyer County Sheriff's deputies have hunted for a killer. They promise not to give up until someone is behind bars for the murder of Karen Swift.

Dyer County Sheriff, Jeff Box, says the investigation is active, they're gathering new evidence and he's confident it will lead to an arrest.

When will there be an arrest?? I am honestly shocked that it has taken this long.

:rose: Thinking of you Karen :rose:

Got to wonder what's going on behind the scenes - perhaps a DA who wants something more substantial before going thru the expanse of a trial... perhaps it's a case of evidence that, while it doesn't point to a third party, it also doesn't show anyone she knew had something to her...
a state of "evidence limbo" for want of better description.

The trial of Clay Waller and the trial of Drew Peterson give me hope. That may sound strange since Karen's body was found. However, it tells me that I need to be patient and hope that there is an investigator or a prosecutor that will be tenacious in their pursuit of justice!

:rose: I am still here awaiting justice for Karen. :rose:

The trial of Clay Waller and the trial of Drew Peterson give me hope. That may sound strange since Karen's body was found. However, it tells me that I need to be patient and hope that there is an investigator or a prosecutor that will be tenacious in their pursuit of justice!

:rose: I am still here awaiting justice for Karen. :rose:

I agree...let's hope they never give up until there is an arrest and sentencing for Karen's senseless murder!!

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...ase-Out-if/mck1UxX4jEWWD8uAiSF43g.cspx?rss=59

DYERSBURG, TN (abc24.com) - It has been almost 5 months since Karen Swift’s autopsy report was complete. Investigators will not comment about the findings of the report because it's sealed under a court order. A family friend says if anyone talks, the judge will throw out the case.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This case is the most frustrating case I have followed since Susan Powell's case. In that case, it was also too quiet.

:sigh:

Not sure what the statement I'm quoting from the article means -
“It's just on hold,” said Craig. “The judge won't let (David) say anything or he'll close the case, close it down on him."
http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...ase-Out-if/mck1UxX4jEWWD8uAiSF43g.cspx?rss=59

On Karen Swift: "We'll Throw the Murder Case Out if You Talk"

Throw a murder case out because someone talks????? REALLY? Why do I feel like I'm on another planet when I follow cases from Tennessee? This woman may not get justice because her husband or anyone may talk? Is this for real?

It sounds like something is very broken in TN, where LE is concerned, and it also sounds like people just seem to accept it.

On Karen Swift: "We'll Throw the Murder Case Out if You Talk"

Throw a murder case out because someone talks????? REALLY? Why do I feel like I'm on another planet when I follow cases from Tennessee? This woman may not get justice because her husband or anyone may talk? Is this for real?

Sounds to me like they may know who killed her but they don't want that person to be tipped off and go into hiding. Also sounds like it is not the husband. I don't see how they can throw the case out altogether. Probably the DA does not want any comments on it, particularly from the media until they are ready to move on it. Sometimes this happens if it's someone in a prominent family, but don't know if that's true here or not.

And you based this on what your relative told you was going on? Did it occur to you that maybe you were hearing one side of the story only? You would have no idea what happened behind closed doors other than what he told you.

A strategy of self defence generally places the onus of reasonable proof on the person making the claim, so I don't think that no evidence to that effect was raised in court.

Nope that's an incorrect assumption.. I grew up with this female, what I know is based on first hand knowledge.. No hearsay or family members "side".. I lived next door to her and the husband she shot in the face in front of their 2year old daughter... So, again what I know did not come from anyone telling me their "side".. I witnessed her actions and behaviors with my own eyes.. She was cocky and bragged about what a "weak pushover" her husband was.. She openly displayed her violent, nasty behaviors.. I know the "facts" as they occurred just as well as I know the "facts" of the case.. I testified at trial and I attended every second of every single court hearing relating to her murder trial..

As I said, the above couldn't be farther from an accurate assumption made.. I lived every second of it.. Not secondhand bs,but rather first hand knowledge from growing up with her,living next door to them, etc.. Therefor I not only know the true and accurate "facts" as they happened, but I also know the "facts" as they were presented in court by both the prosecution and defense..

Make no mistake what I have stated above IS ACCURATE AND EVERY BIT FACTUAL based upon my own firsthand knowledge and not a secondhand accounting of anyone's "side" of it..

Besides my word is irrelevant to the fact that Steve Farese is a masterful manipulator in and out of the courts and my nephews injustice allowing his murdereress "wife" to her freedom decided via trial by judge.. He is merely one of thousands that this atty and law firm have manipulated their way into seeing that as far as the actual legal system is concerned that justice NEVER be served on behalf of victims and their loved ones(in this case his beautiful, baby girl who is now 16 years old and sadly has grown up virtually her entire life without a father or a mother for that fact.. Yep that's right after her "innocent" mommy won her freedom you think she had time in between chasing all the married men in the tri-state area to be a mom to her daughter?.. The answer is no... My niece has been raised by her grandparents<her dead daddy's parents>).. Not at all Moo, but rather sad, straight facts.

Sounds to me like they may know who killed her but they don't want that person to be tipped off and go into hiding. Also sounds like it is not the husband. I don't see how they can throw the case out altogether. Probably the DA does not want any comments on it, particularly from the media until they are ready to move on it. Sometimes this happens if it's someone in a prominent family, but don't know if that's true here or not.

I understand if a case is getting ready to go to trial and the Judge puts a gag order in place. That is not the case here. They don't even have a suspect so for the Judge to say he will throw out the case if anyone talks is absolutely and utterly absurd. I've never heard of such a thing EVER.

I understand if a case is getting ready to go to trial and the Judge puts a gag order in place. That is not the case here. They don't even have a suspect so for the Judge to say he will throw out the case if anyone talks is absolutely and utterly absurd. I've never heard of such a thing EVER.

I guess if I were guilty I would start talking so that the judge throws out the case :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Like you, this is something I never heard of either!

Not sure what the statement I'm quoting from the article means -
“It's just on hold,” said Craig. “The judge won't let (David) say anything or he'll close the case, close it down on him."

This makes no sense! Why would the judge put a gag order on Karen's husband? And, of all things, threatening to "close the case"...say what?!

Sounds as though someone with clout may be involved somehow, or it is some kind of ploy by the defense team?! Maybe they have an "in" with this particular judge...hmmm?!

If I were the family, I'd be screaming for Justice!a Of course, don't know...maybe they are...so much for an impending arrest...or so it seems!

All just IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member