DC DC - Chandra Levy, 24, Washington DC, 1 May 2001 *found deceased in 2002*

Clickll here for link

MODESTO, Calif. — A group of criminal justice students at a small Atlanta college are preparing to launch their own investigation into the 2001 disappearance and killing of government intern Chandra Levy.
Since 2005, students at Bauder College have sifted through old evidence and case files from unsolved crimes as part of the school's Cold Case Investigative Research Institute, said institute director Sheryl McCollum. This year, Levy's death and the disappearance three years ago of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba are on their agenda.
The 50 students will not be graded or get course credit for their work interviewing experts associated with the cases, preparing timelines and looking for clues in Levy's computer, but plan to turn their findings and recommendations over to District of Columbia police and prosecutors at the end of the term.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I wish them all the luck in the world. I would love to know what happened to Chandra.

Good luck!
That's one of the few cases I studied really, really deeply, and am still not sure what happened. Any of you guys come here from "Capitol Grilling"? I was sure it was Condit, but, backing up, it was probably the guy who attacked women jogging in the park.

Thank you for the head's up on one of the cases that absolutely makes me see red.:furious::furious:

I agree with the poster who said that 9/11 was Condit's big break. Poor Chandra, left out in a park to rot away. And bless her enormously gracious and respectful parents too. They have comported themselves with grace and dignity far beyond what I would possess for my daughter's killer.

Maria

9-11 was the best thing for condit and hired thugs

Yeah, I tried to put "Condit is a weasel" into the tag, and it ran over the limit.
He was absolutely saved by the terrorists, wasn't he? From front page to complete non-starter.

This looks to be a very good series. The Washington Post has some of the best writers and photographers in the nation. The new editor is from the Wall Street Journal and he's tops as well.

One of the things the article today pointed out was that a police sergeant not skilled in computers tried to do a search on her computer, and ended up wiping out the history, so it took a month for a skilled computer police tech to find it again.

I remember watching a video clip of the supposed police search for her and thinking, "Those people are not going to find anything even if she is there." They looked like a bunch of tired fifth graders on a field trip. (And I know tired fifth graders.)

Sure enough, turns out they had missed her body by only a 100 or so yards--and lost critical evidence.

Maybe something will turn up with this renewed attention. Chondra and her parents certainly deserved better than what she and they received.

I followed this case very closely when it happened. I've been trying for a couple of hours to access the first article. I can get the first page but the next page won't load. Darn!

I'll go ahead and read the latest article in the meantime.

fran

OK, I was finally able to access all that's been written up to now. Interesting what I'd forgotten.

What a shame. In an indirect way, Chandra was another victim of 911. She will never see justice. :(

OT...A few years ago, my daughter had an opportunity for an internship in D.C. I was so nervous about her going there. But it turned out ok. She worked for the Naval Research Lab and she rented a room from a couple that worked there also. Great experience AND she came home!

Does anyone else feel that Chandra's disappearance could in any way, be connected to the two other interns that were found dead? Just curious. I'll have to research them more, I can't remember the full circumstances.

JMHO
fran

I hope this finally leads to an arrest (Condit :furious:) and justice for Chandra.

It's a very sad case, and I feel so bad for her family. It's really a cold case now. I do think Condit had something to do with it. But doubt they will ever arrest him for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back