CBS 48 Hours-July 1st-9 PM-Tara Grinstead-Jennifer Kesse

So Tara's saliva would have been on the glove too and they would have a DNA profile of her too...very interesting!!

GBI releases new information in Tara Grinstead case
[SIZE=-1]The Georgia Bureau of Investigation wants to know whose DNA and fingerprint are on a glove found near the home of an Ocilla woman missing for nearly three years.
[/SIZE]
GBI releases new information in Tara Grinstead case
[SIZE=-1]By admin
PERRY – The Georgia Bureau of Investigation wants to know whose DNA and fingerprint are on a glove found near the home of an Ocilla woman missing for nearly three years. The GBI released the new evidence today in the Tara Grinstead case ...[/SIZE]

The below were HUGE red flags for me. I think if they stay on Marcus and question all his family, friends, buddies, and acquaintances they will find who the glove belongs to and who helped him get rid of Tara.

Ex-boyfriend, former cop and Army Ranger Marcus Harper. "We learned that Tara and Marcus had had a relationship lasting approximately six years," Rothwell says
But just two weeks before she disappeared, Marcus told Tara their relationship was over for good. Connie says Tara was "absolutely devastated."

Marcus told journalist and TV host Greta Van Susteren the last time he saw Tara was a week before she vanished when she begged him not to leave her. "She approached me crying, she was very irrational, and she told me that if she found out I was dating someone, she would commit suicide," he said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/30/48hours/main4219397_page2.shtml

The below were HUGE red flags for me. I think if they stay on Marcus and question all his family, friends, buddies, and acquaintances they will find who the glove belongs to and who helped him get rid of Tara.

Ex-boyfriend, former cop and Army Ranger Marcus Harper. "We learned that Tara and Marcus had had a relationship lasting approximately six years," Rothwell says
But just two weeks before she disappeared, Marcus told Tara their relationship was over for good. Connie says Tara was "absolutely devastated."

Marcus told journalist and TV host Greta Van Susteren the last time he saw Tara was a week before she vanished when she begged him not to leave her. "She approached me crying, she was very irrational, and she told me that if she found out I was dating someone, she would commit suicide," he said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/30/48hours/main4219397_page2.shtml

From the same article:

But Osjha says this doesn't sound like the Tara she knew. "She's never said anything remotely similar to me ever any time."

Rothwell doesn't believe Tara committed suicide either. "The circumstances just don't fit a suicide. And given the search for her, we believe she would have been found by now. It's very difficult to hide your own body," he points out.

from the linked CBS article:
snip
Asked if Tara had put herself in a position in her life where she may have created jealousies or given someone a motive to murder her, Maria says, "I think the fact that she was beautiful and other people paid attention to her would obviously make some people jealous. I think she was afraid of the possibility of someone hurting her from being angry at her, having reactions to her dating people."
snip

Has this been Maria's position all along; I have to say that this is the first I have heard about it...it is clear she is drawing a line to Tara's close male friends.

It interests me that the article specifies that DNA has been taken from all of those who had a romantic relationship with Tara-what about anyone associated because of an alibi or whatever? For example the officer who MH was riding with; LG; the software salesman who was seen at the school; the guy who processed her car...who does a romantic relationship actually entail??

. . .It interests me that the article specifies that DNA has been taken from all of those who had a romantic relationship with Tara-what about anyone associated because of an alibi or whatever? For example the officer who MH was riding with; LG; the software salesman who was seen at the school; the guy who processed her car...who does a romantic relationship actually entail??
The interview I watched and/or an article I read mentioned about 150 people or so had been tested for DNA match. To me that would include more than just those romantically involved with her and would branch out to include some others as well. I do not recall that only those romantic with her were said to have been tested so I think perhaps those with connections to the case as well as some others slightly more removed were tested.

I saw a Greta interview video at Video link

The interview I watched and/or an article I read mentioned about 150 people or so had been tested for DNA match. To me that would include more than just those romantically involved with her and would branch out to include some others as well. I do not recall that only those romantic with her were said to have been tested so I think perhaps those with connections to the case as well as some others slightly more removed were tested.

I saw a Greta interview video at Video link

Thanks, Doc-this was pointed out to me by PM as well. So then we are truly looking at a stranger abduction if this is the case-I am not saying that the stranger would not have been associated with those who knew Tara; I think if a stranger were "hired" to take her, then we would have to have a pretty good motive for the set up and execution of such a complicated plan....many small things could have derailed this kind of a kidnapping. If Tara did indeed bite the hand in the glove, how is it she didn't get a chance to scream? I suppose that this is where the kidnapping could have gone awry and she might have been killed at that moment....but wow, I think the whole stranger abduction seemed far fetched to me....I was much more of a fan of the possibility that she walked away then that one.

Shows you how much I have to learn!!!

Teethmarks and a hole. Think of someone behind you and how their hand would be over your mouth and if you bit down. You'd bite down on that area between your thumb and index finger. That's how LE knew the glove was connected to her disappearance.

You're good, SuziQ! Very interesting indeed. I hope it does jog someone's memory.

from the linked CBS article:
snip
Asked if Tara had put herself in a position in her life where she may have created jealousies or given someone a motive to murder her, Maria says, "I think the fact that she was beautiful and other people paid attention to her would obviously make some people jealous. I think she was afraid of the possibility of someone hurting her from being angry at her, having reactions to her dating people."
snip

Has this been Maria's position all along; I have to say that this is the first I have heard about it...it is clear she is drawing a line to Tara's close male friends.

It interests me that the article specifies that DNA has been taken from all of those who had a romantic relationship with Tara-what about anyone associated because of an alibi or whatever? For example the officer who MH was riding with; LG; the software salesman who was seen at the school; the guy who processed her car...who does a romantic relationship actually entail??

I agree that the scope should go beyond the typical "romantic" relationship. If you look at what Maria is saying, she is almost implying that it could be a female who was jealous of Tara or another woman scorned/angry over her dating someone.

Thanks, Doc-this was pointed out to me by PM as well. So then we are truly looking at a stranger abduction if this is the case-I am not saying that the stranger would not have been associated with those who knew Tara; I think if a stranger were "hired" to take her, then we would have to have a pretty good motive for the set up and execution of such a complicated plan....many small things could have derailed this kind of a kidnapping. If Tara did indeed bite the hand in the glove, how is it she didn't get a chance to scream? I suppose that this is where the kidnapping could have gone awry and she might have been killed at that moment....but wow, I think the whole stranger abduction seemed far fetched to me....I was much more of a fan of the possibility that she walked away then that one.

Shows you how much I have to learn!!!

What if someone put their hand (wearing the glove of course) over her face to knock her out with chloroform or something and she was able to get a bite in before it totally knocked her out? Or maybe someone was strangling her from behind with one hand and covering her mouth with the other? So, there was no time for screaming, just her trying to get the person's hand off her mouth by biting it.

What if someone put their hand (wearing the glove of course) over her face to knock her out with chloroform or something and she was able to get a bite in before it totally knocked her out? Or maybe someone was strangling her from behind with one hand and covering her mouth with the other? So, there was no time for screaming, just her trying to get the person's hand off her mouth by biting it.

Either one of those scenarios is viable IMO. I tend to think it is your first thought as I believe she was killed some place else and he was getting her away from the house. I also think he came back to the house to "clean" and that is when the glove was dropped. He probably put the used ones in his pocket and put on another pair for the clean up and didn't realize he had dropped one until the news media came out with it.

I would bet he is a little nervous now knowing that GBI has his DNA and a partial fingerprint that can be matched manually. He will be looking over his shoulder for a long time. I would imagine this would limit some activities as well....leaving prints on doors, cars, flat surfaces and of course, DNA. Cigarette butts, coffee cups or just about any throwaway item. Don't need a SW for throwaway items.

True, but it is their reaction that raises my question-if someone gave you a good bite between your thumb and forefinger, you would have to have some kind of miraculous self control to prevent yourself from yanking your hand away....

True, but it is their reaction that raises my question-if someone gave you a good bite between your thumb and forefinger, you would have to have some kind of miraculous self control to prevent yourself from yanking your hand away....

Yep, maybe he did and punched her in the nose after? Or if he was using a drug it may have taken hold as I think it takes a few seconds .I think the self control issue you brought up is interesting.

I agree that the scope should go beyond the typical "romantic" relationship. If you look at what Maria is saying, she is almost implying that it could be a female who was jealous of Tara or another woman scorned/angry over her dating someone.
From conversations that I have had with Maria, I believe she was talking about a male.

It would hurt, I'm sure. That's why I mentioned the chloroform. If the person's goal was to make her pass out using some kind of chemical over her mouth, then they would have been trying their hardest. They'd be trying to keep their focus and not move until she was completely out.

fdrom conversation that I have had with Maria, I believe she was talking about a male.

Thanks. When I read it again, I could see how either a male or female might have been mad over those types of things.

Either one of those scenarios is viable IMO. I tend to think it is your first thought as I believe she was killed some place else and he was getting her away from the house. I also think he came back to the house to "clean" and that is when the glove was dropped. He probably put the used ones in his pocket and put on another pair for the clean up and didn't realize he had dropped one until the news media came out with it.

I would bet he is a little nervous now knowing that GBI has his DNA and a partial fingerprint that can be matched manually. He will be looking over his shoulder for a long time. I would imagine this would limit some activities as well....leaving prints on doors, cars, flat surfaces and of course, DNA. Cigarette butts, coffee cups or just about any throwaway item. Don't need a SW for throwaway items.

Yep, I think it may have been the 1st option I mentioned too. It would also explain why, as I mentioned to believe09, that the person would be trying really hard to keep their hand there despite being bit.

....but wow, I think the whole stranger abduction seemed far fetched to me....I was much more of a fan of the possibility that she walked away then that one. . . .
I am still considering runaway as one of the plausible solutions unless or until someone releases evidence that a crime happened and so far all we seem to have is a glove (which we all have long known about) and the male DNA and probably a partial print of some kind, all from within or upon that glove. What probably blows some persons minds is that they must now either toss away their thoughts of a crime having been done by someone close to tara (such as known exboyfriends etc.) or else link their local suspect to this unknown stranger who was so far removed from tara's circle of acquaintances that he was not one of the 150 tested.

That actually takes some doing in my opinion and further makes any crime seem less an act of chance and more of plan. . . . . . but then I still run into the lack of evidence of a crime. The glove, print & DNA could all be simply the result of someone helping someone run away and trying to conceal their identity (by wearing gloves) so as not to be tracked down and asked about the runaway's whereabouts. Or a runaway & helper could have planted a glove just to make the scene more like a crime scene than a runaway, especially if helper was someone not likely to be in any print system. In the case of the runaway mailman a spot of blood was left behind on his mail truck and I believe that was done to make the scene appear to be a crime scene or a suicide scene and not a runaway case. So it would not be the first time a runaway staged the scene when leaving.

At this point I am still open to both main solutions, either a crime or a runaway solution, since there has not yet been enough evidence released to the public to exclude one or the other solution.

I am still considering runaway as one of the plausible solutions unless or until someone releases evidence that a crime happened and so far all we seem to have is a glove (which we all have long known about) and the male DNA and probably a partial print of some kind, all from within or upon that glove. What probably blows some persons minds is that they must now either toss away their thoughts of a crime having been done by someone close to tara (such as known exboyfriends etc.) or else link their local suspect to this unknown stranger who was so far removed from tara's circle of acquaintances that he was not one of the 150 tested.

That actually takes some doing in my opinion and further makes any crime seem less an act of chance and more of plan. . . . . . but then I still run into the lack of evidence of a crime. The glove, print & DNA could all be simply the result of someone helping someone run away and trying to conceal their identity (by wearing gloves) so as not to be tracked down and asked about the runaway's whereabouts. Or a runaway & helper could have planted a glove just to make the scene more like a crime scene than a runaway, especially if helper was someone not likely to be in any print system. In the case of the runaway mailman a spot of blood was left behind on his mail truck and I believe that was done to make the scene appear to be a crime scene or a suicide scene and not a runaway case. So it would not be the first time a runaway staged the scene when leaving.

At this point I am still open to both main solutions, either a crime or a runaway solution, since there has not yet been enough evidence released to the public to exclude one or the other solution.

IMO unless Tara had a major sugar daddy waiting for her, she would have needed to seek employment. Tara's pic and story have been all over the media; hiding for such an extended time - at least, in the US - would not have been plausible.

IMO unless Tara had a major sugar daddy waiting for her, she would have needed to seek employment. Tara's pic and story have been all over the media; hiding for such an extended time - at least, in the US - would not have been plausible.
I disagree. It has been proven in other cases of adult runaways that they can and do find employment for years. There is no need for a sugar daddy to be involved.

One lady was gone for years and worked in a walmart and if I remember right another worked in an ad agency and there was a young runaway that went to florida and did restaurant work and she left the plates on her car which was parked outside where she stayed. In short, it does not seem to matter if your pic has been all over the news or not. Starting a new life has been done by people in spite of all that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back