MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found encased in concrete - #7

I still check here everyday to see if there has been an arrest or any progress in little Nevaehs' case. Actually, it would not surpeise me if Jennifer were not arrested any day.

I expected we'd see someone arrested within days of Nevaeh's body being found. This is very disappointing and frustrating.

Salem: Seems to me that Nevaeh being found caked in cement is holding up the forensics...not sure how DNA does in that stuff. mho

If it's not George, it sure seems like someone trying to make it look like him. Whoever did this is sadistic - likes torture and suffering. :mad: mho

I agree eyes. I also admit I am baffled by this case. LE statements are contradictory to what we know about GK & RS. I want to know if there is indeed a monster running loose in that community. I wish they would give us a clue.

I hear what you are saying about the cement - still it seems it is taking an awful long time. I would feel better if LE made some comment about NOT having to sleep with one eye open. Just something so that we could figure out that LE really does think they have the perp behind bars. They don't have to come right out and say anything, just give us a clue.

Salem

just checkin up on this case, it really saddens me that no arrests have been made yet....

Here's what I mean about info from LE on this case:

Fair can't escape fear
last modified August 06. 2009 11:18AM
<snipped>
A nagging fear dwells in the minds of many cautious parents at this year&#8217;s Monroe County Fair.

Could the culprit be at the fair? "Of course you can&#8217;t answer that," Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said. "The only way you&#8217;ll know for sure is when we finally identify the person involved."

Could the killer still be in the area? "Absolutely," he said.

Although two "persons of interest" in the case are in jail on unrelated charges, the sheriff indicated no break in the case appears imminent.

"Eventually we&#8217;re going to solve it," he said. "I think we&#8217;ll solve it, but it will not be as quickly as we hoped for or certainly not as quickly as the public wants, but we&#8217;ll solve it."

Article:
[URL]http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090806/NEWS01/708069970[/URL]

"when we finally identify the person" does that mean tell the rest of us who it is or that LE doesn't know?

No breaks in the case??????

He "thinks" they will solve the case?

What the he*l...... They should know by now. I'm not buying this double speak. But again, it leads me to believe it was NOT one of the SOs that were arrested on other charges. Especially when LE says "absolutely" the killer could still be in the area. :eek::eek: Not a way to make the community feel safe. Why would LE do that, if they could quiet some of the fears of the parents in the community???? Why?

I'm very frustrated with this case. :confused::confused:

Salem

I know you guys are probably tired of my ranting - but..... now this :eek::furious:

$20,000 offered for clues in Nevaeh's death
August 7, 2009
<snipped>
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Department said today the task force investigating the death of Nevaeh Buchanan is offering up to $20,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible.

More than 1,200 tips have been received and police say evidence still is being analyzed from her shallow grave along the River Raisin in Monroe County’s Raisinville Township, where she was discovered June 4.

Article:
[URL="http://www.freep.com/article/20090807/NEWS05/90807029/-20-000-offered-for-clues-in-Nevaeh-s-death"]http://www.freep.com/article/20090807/NEWS05/90807029/-20-000-offered-for-clues-in-Nevaeh-s-death[/URL]

NOW - they are posting a $20,000 reward for info. It does NOT sound like it was GK or RS that did this. It sounds like the Sheriff/FBI does not have any idea what the heck is going on here. How can that be? I don't understand..... :confused::confused: :(

There are more articles in the media thread about this.

Salem

i saw that article today too Salem, and I came over to say it sure doesn't seem like they have any idea who did this! i hope that is not the case, but i'm really starting to get concerned about this case. i agree that the police would (or should) at least give the community some indication if they thought they had the person responsible for her death incarcertated.

I know you guys are probably tired of my ranting - but..... now this :eek::furious:

NOW - they are posting a $20,000 reward for info. It does NOT sound like it was GK or RS that did this. It sounds like the Sheriff/FBI does not have any idea what the heck is going on here. How can that be? I don't understand..... :confused::confused: :(

Salem
No. Sure doesn't appear they have a clue, does it?

BUMPING FOR NEVEAH

WE WILL FIND OUT WHO HURT YOU SWEET ANGEL!!!!

:angel: :blowkiss:

Salem: Seems to me that Nevaeh being found caked in cement is holding up the forensics...not sure how DNA does in that stuff. mho

If it's not George, it sure seems like someone trying to make it look like him. Whoever did this is sadistic - likes torture and suffering. :mad: mho

Hi Eyes, I just heard an interesting tid-bit watching Criminal Minds:

A perp who redresses his victims feels remorse.

I don't think the person who killed Nevaeh had any remorse at all. He was just finished and thought the concrete rock he created using her body would blend into the landscape. And he never looked back IMO.

PS: Hi to All, and I agree Salem, waiting this long for an arrest is hard to deal with. xox

Still checking here for news of an arrest. Impatiently, I might add.

Salem

I wonder if LE even checked the stores that sell cement to see who bought cement the week before this little girl went missing. I doubt if everyone and their uncle was out buying cement. The killer probably bought two or three bags. Every store in that area doesn't sell cement. No matter how much time it takes that should have been checked out if it wasn't. Who knows, it could lead them right to the killer. Hopfully the killer used a debit card or credit card to pay for it.

Thinking about Nehaeh today....I'm hoping for the community that the LE have the right guy in jail, and they are just crossing t's and dotting i's before they indicted him. Seeing as he is going no where, and if the charge him he has the right to a speedy trial.
I just hope if anyone else is invovled they get to see their day in court too!

Bumping for Nevaeh.

Little Robert Manwill's mother and her boyfriend were arrested yesterday afternoon for his murder. Here is hoping that I also check here one morning and find that little Nevaeh's murderer(s) have been arrested also.

There simply has to be justice for her!

Bumping for Nevaeh.

Little Robert Manwill's mother and her boyfriend were arrested yesterday afternoon for his murder. Here is hoping that I also check here one morning and find that little Nevaeh's murderer(s) have been arrested also.

There simply has to be justice for her!

OH LaLaw, I didn't know that about Robert's mother and boyfriend. I usually check everyday or two for new information. I have been watching the first trial in the Christian-Newsom murders. Thanks. I'm also waiting to hear about an arrest in Nevaeh's murder.............very hard to do.

Just checking in for Nevaeh. The delayed arrest in Robert's case gave me hope, but this has been going on for far too long for Nevaeh. May justice for her come soon.

Nevaeh Buchanan case still unsolved

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Monroe County sheriff's department tells us there is no new information. There is a $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Nevaeh Buchanan's killers

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=6980440

Bumping for Nevaeh..I just can't believe there have been absolutley no arrest's made in this case, I can only hope that LE is still waiting on more evidence to be looked into to pin this down.
May justice come soon and your killer never sleep.

I really believed they knew more than they were letting on.
It appears I was wrong :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo