AL AL - Christina Carter, 3, Hueytown, 17 Sept 1973

"Assuming the DNA sample has not degraded to a high extent, or has not been contaminated, everything a criminal investigation needs or can use will be returned with the five to seven day test, and pretty much everything a medical case can use will also be returned with a five to seven day test."

This is the sort of timing I'm reading about.

The wait time doesn't surprise me...I have been waiting for New York State to cough me up some DNA results for almost 2 years now. (not related to this case.)
Sometimes, it just takes forever.

MOO: Christina isn't Sharon. But that's just my opinion.

Thanks SRLee, I haven't seen it written anywhere that this woman has been ruled out a being her, so just crossing t's and dotting i's. By the way, I'm assuming this Rhonda/Melissa is still "missing"? Is that correct, or do you know if she was ever found? I'm very intrigued by that case as well.

The last i conversed with the Aunt of Rhonda/Melissa, she was still missing. However the prison pen pal site you posted has been passed on to her. I'm waiting to hear back. Rhonda/Melissa's mother and step mother were "oxygen thiefs" as one of my parole/probabtion officer friends classifies some people. It is possible this person you spotted could be their missing family member.

I do not believe the DNA test was widely noted. The family worked with NCMEC directly. Their family is not a match to Sharon.

The last i conversed with the Aunt of Rhonda/Melissa, she was still missing. However the prison pen pal site you posted has been passed on to her. I'm waiting to hear back. Rhonda/Melissa's mother and step mother were "oxygen thiefs" as one of my parole/probabtion officer friends classifies some people. It is possible this person you spotted could be their missing family member.

I do not believe the DNA test was widely noted. The family worked with NCMEC directly. Their family is not a match to Sharon.

Thank you so much for that info. Please keep me updated on whether they think it could be her. That would be cool. Still no match for Sharon though.

A month for dna results? Maybe on TV, but certainly not in real life. If you have followed cases here at WS, you will have seen the wait is usually approximately 6 months. That was in fact the case for a living possible match for Anna Waters back in 07? It was a long 6 month wait to find out the possible match was NOT Anna.

MartiLee has followed up and answered the question on the long wait back on the last page. She indicated the initial test was insuffient for comparison and a second sample needed to be take, thus starting the process from the beginning and having another several month wait. We ALL know LE is backlogged and we simply have to wait. I highly doubt the family, and Matt Birkbeck would be indicating reasons why the test results are delayed if they were in fact not happening.

This comparison is NOT taking YEARS as you have suggested. Quite the opposite, go back and reread the thread please to get your timeline correct.

Have you noticed how quickly the DNA tests are coming back for the Sowell case in Ohio? All those unidentifieds? Or is this some sort of "TV land thing"? Certainly not in real life! (Maybe not so certainly huh Cubby?).

Just sayin'....

Have you noticed how quickly the DNA tests are coming back for the Sowell case in Ohio? All those unidentifieds? Or is this some sort of "TV land thing"? Certainly not in real life! (Maybe not so certainly huh Cubby?).

Just sayin'....

I was thinking the same exact thing the other day when I was reading your posts. It can be done in a matter of days. It USED to take a long time to get the results of DNA testing, but with today's technology, not so much. This particular possibility, between Sharon & Christina, has taken just over 2 years...Martie's very first post here at WS was 2 years ago today.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Sharon Marshall - Part 2

I was thinking the same exact thing the other day when I was reading your posts. It can be done in a matter of days. It USED to take a long time to get the results of DNA testing, but with today's technology, not so much. This particular possibility, between Sharon & Christina, has taken just over 2 years...Martie's very first post here at WS was 2 years ago today.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Sharon Marshall - Part 2

That's right. I do understand that there was a big delay in convincing family members to give DNA, but I' talking about the time since that was given. Then there was a problem the sample - another given straight away, but then told another 3 month wait?? There's really got to be some major procedural problems at that lab if it's taking that long.

That's right. I do understand that there was a big delay in convincing family members to give DNA, but I' talking about the time since that was given. Then there was a problem the sample - another given straight away, but then told another 3 month wait?? There's really got to be some major procedural problems at that lab if it's taking that long.

Yes.

I hope you don't think I was disagreeing with you, IAI, because I wasn't. ITA with you. I was just saying that it has taken 2 years to get to this point.

Yes.

I hope you don't think I was disagreeing with you, IAI, because I wasn't. ITA with you. I was just saying that it has taken 2 years to get to this point.

No, I didn't think you were disagreeing with me :)

When I first saw Christina's picture and Sharon's younger picture, the first thought that came to my mind is that they were one in the same and I don't think I could explain why.

My second thought was, if they are not the same person then there is just one more lost child that needs to be found.

As for the DNA testing, one must understand that this is not a priority case, meaning that if other cases come up that need the usage of DNA then they come first, so I can easily see waiting a few months for the results. One also remember that they run more then one test at a time to make sure of accurate results. Now I will concede that if this is a private testing center, then I am not sure what other priority cases there would be, though it is possible that some jurisdictions use private testing facilities.

Enchanting_eyes

Bumping...

Hoping to hear something soon!!

bumping again. Sure hope news comes soon.

We're still waiting. According to Matt, no DNA results until after the holidays.

~~sigh~~

Oh well, Martie, maybe it's best to get the news after the holidays, anyway. Hang in there! You're all in the thoughts and prayers of everyone that follows this sad story, especially through the holidays. When we are supposed to know, we will. :) Thank you for keeping us updated.

Warm Holiday Wishes to you and yours.

Bumping...

This is my first post of the New Year, Sharon's is the case that brought me to WS. Here's to hoping that 2010 brings with it the long awaited answers to both Christina's family and Sharon's identity.
Now that the holidays have finally passed, I hope we hear some news soon...

Happy New Year everyone. I hope it's a blessed one.

Bumping again. Getting towards the end of the month. I wonder when we might expect some news. Praying it comes soon!

Christy's dad told me today that he has been told he'll get results this week.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back