OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was supposed to be in the talent show and wasn't, I would think that should have been a red flag for someone - anyone - to look for him.

Also again, she was on at 3:34 that Friday afternoon. If Kyron gets off the bus at 3:30, and when he didn't get off the bus she immediately called the school, when was it she took the time to be on FB?

I'm not pointing fingers; I find these extremely curious.

I don't know about all busses, but my daughters bus has about a 10-minute window of time when it arrives. Maybe Terry wanted one last check of FB before Kyron got home?

In any case, the 3:34 logon doesn't strike me as all that odd...

anyone just see fox 12 news just now showing location of rock quarry they are at?
I have a feeling I know where that is at but I don't want to post until I'm entirely sure..

I tried to catch the street sign but they moved past it so quickly.

Do the police know for sure that Kyron left the building on Friday? Was his scent found anywhere outside by tracking dogs?

Have they checked if there are sex offenders living close to the school?

So many questions. How could a kid disappear into thin air at school? That's the biggest question.

snip ~ Also, why is there a picture of the other little boy's tree frog exhibit? There is no evidence that Kyron was going to sit at the desk anytime soon, and I'm wondering how Terry could have posted anything from her cell phone to facebook without the requisite "posted via mobile web" message.
I'm not understanding what you're saying...

It's not a clear picture, but it appears the date on the whiteboard in the upper left corner of one of the pictures of Kyron near his exhibit shows the date of June 3. I'm willing to be wrong, but even blown up and image distorted, I couldn't make it say 4, which leads me to believe these exhibits were set up the afternoon before.

Also, why is there a picture of the other little boy's tree frog exhibit? There is no evidence that Kyron was going to sit at the desk anytime soon, and I'm wondering how Terry could have posted anything from her cell phone to facebook without the requisite "posted via mobile web" message.

Also again, she was on at 3:34 that Friday afternoon. If Kyron gets off the bus at 3:30, and when he didn't get off the bus she immediately called the school, when was it she took the time to be on FB?

Can you enlarge it and post it here. I can't see what you are referring to in the picture I am looking at.

Hopefully, these answers will be helpful, I have no links to posts handy, though.

WAAAAY back on some thread or other, we were discussing this. The time posted on her Facebook in Oregon time was 2:24....it reads out in the viewer's time zone when you look at her page. On the East coast posters were seeing it as 5:34 and saying it was 2 hours after the 911 call.

The picture of the other little boy is Kyle's friend's project.

As to the last question, regarding the mobile web notation...a poster here stated that her cellular service never makes that notation, even though other friends of theirs on other networks do show up that way.

Edited to add....I did not notice the whiteboard in the background, but that is Thursdays date and whatever was written was probably from the day before and had not been updated yet due to the unusual schedule of the day on Friday.

This needs to be put to rest because it keeps coming up. Facebook localizes times that you see when you're using it. That is, when I see that someone from the west coast posted at 4:30, that's 4:30 my time, because I'm on Central time. It actually means they posted at 2:30 Pacific time.

Now let's get back to finding this boy! He has to be out there somewhere. I hope they're following up on the Salmonberry Rd. tip, although it seems insurmountably huge, they would need more specifics. I wonder if it's possible that any of the logging equipment that's stored up there would have cameras nearby that might catch any passing vehicles. There has been a lot of eco-activism in the past, so cameras by active logging areas, while a long shot, might not be too far fetched. I just don't know.

It's not a clear picture, but it appears the date on the whiteboard in the upper left corner of one of the pictures of Kyron near his exhibit shows the date of June 3. I'm willing to be wrong, but even blown up and image distorted, I couldn't make it say 4, which leads me to believe these exhibits were set up the afternoon before.

Also, why is there a picture of the other little boy's tree frog exhibit? There is no evidence that Kyron was going to sit at the desk anytime soon, and I'm wondering how Terry could have posted anything from her cell phone to facebook without the requisite "posted via mobile web" message.

Who's to say she didn't take it with a normal digital camera and when she got home she uploaded it to facebook? I recall that someone saying that Kyron gets off the bus at 3:45.

I tried to catch the street sign but they moved past it so quickly.

It kind of looks like one of those County Rock quarries don't you think, as I saw the white sign that said Quarry, so it didn't seem to be a commerically run one, but don't quote me on that..

Link to video of yesterday's news conference can be found here: http://www.kptv.com/kyron-horman/index.html

These are the direct quotes from Jason Gates I transcribed:

"We suspect he went missing on Friday."

Later (around 5:10) a reporter asks: Can you provide any clarification about what time he was last seen and where?
Not at this time.

Another reporter asks for further clarification of earlier time line statements by LE
"I can't answer your question completely, but I can say the last point at which Kyron was seen was about 9:00 am on Friday morning ."
"Was that within the school?"
Yes

Later on, a reporter asks if the last sighting was by the stepmother or someone else:
"I'm not able to give those details."

We suspect he went missing on Friday was an odd thing to say. :waitasec:

I wouldn't worry much about the date on the board in the background of the pic. I'm a substitute teacher and I regularly find kids reminding me halfway thru class to change the date on the board from the previous day. I find it to be a common occurrance for no one to notice the unchanged date until it is time for the children to write a heading on an assignment when they look up to confirm the date.

I doubt Kyron's bus stop is very far from his home. If school was out at 3:30, by the time busses are loaded and off on their route, kids probably aren't dropped off until about 3:40 or later. I have seen reports of 3:45 being the normal time for Kyron. One would not have to leave the house until a couple of minutes before that in order to meet the bus, IMHO.

This needs to be put to rest because it keeps coming up. Facebook localizes times that you see when you're using it. That is, when I see that someone from the west coast posted at 4:30, that's 4:30 my time, because I'm on Central time. It actually means they posted at 2:30 Pacific time.

Now let's get back to finding this boy! He has to be out there somewhere. I hope they're following up on the Salmonberry Rd. tip, although it seems insurmountably huge, they would need more specifics. I wonder if it's possible that any of the logging equipment that's stored up there would have cameras nearby that might catch any passing vehicles. There has been a lot of eco-activism in the past, so cameras by active logging areas, while a long shot, might not be too far fetched. I just don't know.

Or any surveillance cameras along Hwy 26 that would show cars passing. Long shot and very time consuming I know. I really think this tip could be something.

Someone answered above that another parent said Kyron was supposed to perform.

If I were to guess, I'd say the stepmother didn't plan to attend because she has an 18-month-old daughter. That's prime naptime for most toddlers.

I never have heard if the toddler daughter was with mom at the school that morning. anyone know?

Here we are, on Day 5, and I am still wondering in LE has a clue as to what kind of incident they are investigating...:(

We suspect he went missing on Friday was an odd thing to say. :waitasec:

I agree. How weird. Why would he say that? Did he say that before there were confirmed sightings of him within the school on Fri, other than by the sm?

This may be wishful thinking as I, for one, don't think he ever left the school. I have a 7 year old boy and he knows more about nooks and crannies in his school than you can imagine....places to explore, etc. Given that he was last seen around 9AM, in his mind he may have thought he had an hour to explore, etc. before classes started...and that's what he did and he got lost.

Wonder if they talked to his little friends to see what they talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth