2010.09.03 - Kaine assures Skyline Parents their kids are safe.

The thing is though I haven't heard Desiree or Tony say anything amazingly positive about the school, except for maybe in regards to the Wall of Hope and the vigils happening there. So, I suspect that Desiree could turn around in either case (TMH guilty or not) and say the school was negligent whether it was in regards to letting TMH leave w/o properly excusing him or if it's a SO who gained access due to lax security.

bbm

Yet in an earlier article Kaine says,

"My number one thing ... is the security aspect of it," Kaine told KATU reporter Dan Tilkin by phone. "There are a lot of people who go up to the wall everyday, and when school starts I don't think that having a lot of new faces, new adults, on the school property – with kids in school – really helps with schoool security. We have a missing child, and security was part of the issue with him going missing ...

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100800094.html

If camera's had been in place when Kyron went missing we would know who took him or if he walked outside alone. IMHO, I think Kaine's reference to security was part of the issue is about video not being available at the time of Kyron's disappearance.

Moving the wall away from the school was the only responsible thing to do given the circumstances. All kinds of Yahoos are drawn to areas that MSM frequent. I wouldn't send my kid to a school that the media was parked out front of or that curious strangers might want to frequent. Would any of you?

Kaine Horman, Kyron's father, was at the school Thursday and said Skyline parents should feel confident their children are safe.

"It was a safe school before, it probably will be one of the safest schools in the state," Kaine Horman said. "Everyone has come together and they feel like they can bring their kids back to safe environment."

http://www.kptv.com/news/24872522/detail.html

Gates was at the meeting too.

I don't think any one can or should feel confident of safety unless LE knows for sure who ALL of Terri's 'loyal and/or manipulated helpers' are. JMO

I am not so sure that everyone believes that.

It said they were having the meeting in part because some of the parents had questions about the security measures.

IMO

The fact that Kyron went missing from the school, whether by TH's hands or not, is a concern, I would imagine, because Kyron went missing and has not been found. If they had had better security measures, this may not have happened. If they had had cameras, perhaps we would know where Kyron is at this point.
I know what I'd be asking the school if I was a parent: 'According to statements by a kid at this school, Kyron was noticed to be missing and a staff member got nervous enough about it for the teacher to respond, "Calm down, calm down. He's probably getting a drink." But he was not reported missing until after school let out. Can you explain that please? Is this true?'

I don't think any one can or should feel confident of safety unless LE knows for sure who ALL of Terri's 'loyal and/or manipulated helpers' are. JMO

And in my opinion...and this is really far reaching..I was always worred that Terri and her accomplices would wait until school re-opened and try at least to put on the show of another attempted abduction...not necessarily take or harm another child but approach one suspiciously to divert the attention and guilt from themselves and make everyone second guess her/their guilt. Was also thinking LE may have the same thoughts and would be all over that school the first couple of weeks. Now with the high tech cameras publicized that sure wont happen...

IMHO, it is not Kaine's place to assure the community that their children are safe at Skyline. It is LE who needs to step forward and assure the public, as it is their responsibility to serve and protect.
the meeting was private... so we don't know what LE said at the meeting. MOO

IMHO, it is not Kaine's place to assure the community that their children are safe at Skyline. It is LE who needs to step forward and assure the public, as it is their responsibility to serve and protect.

I agree that it is not kaine's place to say anything regarding town/school security.

I don't think le would EVER say skyline is safe.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kaine_horman_talks_about_missi.html

Horman said he collects any toys or stuffed animals left at the memorial and brings them back to Kyron's room at the home in rural northwest Multnomah County where he recently returned with his 20-month-old daughter, Kiara.

"We're putting some shelves up so we can put everything up for him when he comes home," he said.

I'm just curious, who is WE, is Desiree staying there with Kaine?
This is the second time (I forgot where the first was) that I found the term "WE" sounded like someone else besides BabyK was at the house with them. Anyone know?

I bet Kaine did it as a favor to Skyline - we don't know, but I can only assume that Skyline has been very supportive of Kaine and family during this time. Maybe he felt it was his way of giving something back?

I mean... if you had a child at Skyline and were concerned about security due to Kyron, who better to reassure you than Kyron's father himself?

On another note, regardless of the Kyron situation, no school should hold open, public meetings to discuss security of the children! That's nuts. I'm glad they kept it closed. As it should be.

Respectfully ~~

P1: Why would Kaine need to do anything as a favor to Skyline? His son was kidnapped from their school. Supportive or not, what could he possibly owe them?

P2: I don't see how Kaine discussing with parents the schools improved security would reassure them. I mean, if a child were kidnapped from my childrens school, right under the noses of the teachers, NOTHING would reassure me. The only way I'd be reassured as a parent would be if Kaine and/or LE laid out absolute proof it was TH who took Kyron. Which leads me to believe they did because there's no other way of reassuring parents.

P3: Totally agree! A public meeting regarding security procedures certainly isn't necessary!

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kaine_horman_talks_about_missi.html

Horman said he collects any toys or stuffed animals left at the memorial and brings them back to Kyron's room at the home in rural northwest Multnomah County where he recently returned with his 20-month-old daughter, Kiara.

"We're putting some shelves up so we can put everything up for him when he comes home," he said.

I'm just curious, who is WE, is Desiree staying there with Kaine?
This is the second time (I forgot where the first was) that I found the term "WE" sounded like someone else besides BabyK was at the house with them. Anyone know?

He may be referring to Desiree but not meaning that she is staying there. Just that they are doing certain Kyron-related things together.

I think you and I are about it here today, BillyLee...

I don't have a problem with Kaine not giving up hope...but signing Kyron up for soccer? And getting bus passes for school? If by some miracle, Kyron returns this weekend, I can't imagine he will be in any mental or emotional condition to return to school and play soccer. I just hope Kaine is not deluding himself, that he has a sense of reality as well. Whatever has happened to Kyron, if he is alive by some chance, he won't be returning as a happy, confident little boy. He would likely needs lot of therapy and may be frightened to even be away from his parents at all.

We all want Kyron to return safely but I think it has gone beyond the point where Kyron would simply be able to slip into his old life, after being wrenched away from it, for months.

I only hope Kaine and Desiree are grounded in reality as they continue to keep their hopes up.

How does he know the children are safe,unless he knows with absolute certainty,what happened to his own son?

I don't have a problem with Kaine not giving up hope...but signing Kyron up for soccer? And getting bus passes for school? If by some miracle, Kyron returns this weekend, I can't imagine he will be in any mental or emotional condition to return to school and play soccer. I just hope Kaine is not deluding himself, that he has a sense of reality as well. Whatever has happened to Kyron, if he is alive by some chance, he won't be returning as a happy, confident little boy. He would likely needs lot of therapy and may be frightened to even be away from his parents at all.

We all want Kyron to return safely but I think it has gone beyond the point where Kyron would simply be able to slip into his old life, after being wrenched away from it, for months.

I only hope Kaine and Desiree are grounded in reality as they continue to keep their hopes up.

BBM. Do you have a link for the info about soccer and bus passes? TIA

I, too, don't think that Kyron would be able to resume any kind of normalcy at home, school, extra-curricular activities, etc. after having been away for so long. I'm sure that he would need therapy and a period of transitioning slowly into the life that was familiar to him. jmo

I don't have a problem with Kaine not giving up hope...but signing Kyron up for soccer? And getting bus passes for school?

IMO, the public is watching a father who is stuck in grief and hope because no one has discovered what has happened to his little boy. It is awful to witness, and must be torture to experience.

Perhaps he got the bus pass and signed Kyron up for soccer because to do otherwise would mean he had given up hope that Kyron is alive and will be returned to him. Maybe he thinks that if he speaks and acts as if Kyron is alive and will come home soon, that will make it happen, and if he does otherwise, he'll jinx it.

I don't see how any parents can be grounded and rational in a situation like this, when the overriding emotion they are trying to keep from completely overtaking them is terror.

IMO, the public is watching a father who is stuck in grief and hope because no one has discovered what has happened to his little boy. It is awful to witness, and must be torture to experience.

Perhaps he got the bus pass and signed Kyron up for soccer because to do otherwise would mean he had given up hope that Kyron is alive and will be returned to him. Maybe he thinks that if he speaks and acts as if Kyron is alive and will come home soon, that will make it happen, and if he does otherwise, he'll jinx it.

I don't see how any parents can be grounded and rational in a situation like this, when the overriding emotion they are trying to keep from completely overtaking them is terror.

I don't disagree but at the same, hope he is getting some help.

I'm not bashing Kaine, but he knows this how? they can keep throwing TH under the bus until she's flat as a pancake -- but the police have not listed her as a POI, and that makes me very nervous. One of the main reasons people (not all) think TH is guilty, is because of KH's and D's many media interviews.

and assured parents their kids would be safe.

MOO

Mel

I don't know why Kaine would want to do this other than out of kindness toward other families in his own communities whose fears he wanted to allay due to his certainty that this was an isolated incident. The school would have to condone this if they hadn't requested it but he may have offered it out of some sense of responsibility for being involved in a situation that caused his community to live in fear that he feels is unfounded...Just because he is certain doesn't mean he is correct. Just because he says the kids are safe doesn't mean they are and anyone who believes this would be pretty gullible...However, I might feel a little more comfortable if I had a child in this school and his father was willing to make this statement. And I agree with him and others that it is probably the safest state in the school right now- even if it was a stranger abduction due to heightened security and the fact that everyone will obviously be much more alert and aware of their surroundings and the people in those surroundings. He said probably just as we say IMO. No guarantees made nor should anyone think so. IMO, of course!

I read that the new security cameras at Skyline School were donated by a local company. Are all Portland schools going to be similarly equipped with cameras, or just Skyline? Shouldn't all parents whose children attend Portland schools be able to feel the same sense of security as Skyline parents/students? I hope that security systems will be installed in all Portland school buildings so that every school-age child in the community is afforded the protection and safety that is due them. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back