Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thining about this last night. All MOO.

If Sierra texted at 7:11 and her friend texted her back, but, according to reports, Sierra didn't text back to her, that may mean something happened to her relatively quickly.

Now, if she was having a friend pick her up to take her to school, wouldn't that friend have arrived later (closer to 8 am) since Sierra wouldn't have to wait for the bus?
I know there is a bus schedule somewhere, but I don't know when school starts.

What I'm thinking is that could a neighbour have been waiting for Sierra to leave for school and offered to drive her?

Yes,exactly...MOO

I'm leaning towards the same scenario.

Re: her online (twitter) activity I have to say I found it very disturbing..I know many have said this is the way most kids are today but seriously if that was my daughter saying all that CRAP I'd be appalled..And I'm no prude, far from it! I was a wild child teen (70s) myself but this just goes way beyond what we were like..I get times change but I can't compute "nice girl" with anything I saw from her or her friends :what:

I also think most of it is pointless..Unless I'm missing the point of tweeting VULGAR one-liners..If the point is to be 'kewl' that goes right over my head & I'd much rather my kid was a 'dork', 'geek', 'loser', whatever they call it today..I also have a hard time believing this goes on all over..I'm convinced it's more common in certain areas then in others..At least I hope like heck that's true.

I agree with you. And I'll up the ante.
On the Today Show, they were talking about how there are around 2,000 people who are reported missing every day.
So there were on average 1,999 other people they could have chosen to profile. That Klaaskids could have helped in their case.

And this case would languish in the backwaters with only the parents and and a overworked police force investigating, at least.

I always wonder about which cases get national media attention and which ones don't.
It seems to me this one was based on the "looks" of the victim.
Being an all American teenaged cheerleader, which may or may not be true.

Yet, it turns those ideas on their head when you read her "tweets".
And then to top it off, you are forced to look the other way when
an RSOs daughter is missing.
You have to accept him as "a victim".
Because this didn't happen to someone else's daughter, this time.

There are a lot of things about this case that are there to make you uncomfortable. To make your world view turn upside down.
To have her items missing both sound like product placement ads.
To wit: The beloved Samsung Galaxy Android Phone and the equally
beloved, Juicy Couture Bags.

I don't know what this says about where we are as a society.
But, it does make me wonder about the 1,199 kids and adults
that I will never hear about, while this case is a media darling.

I hope she is found safe.
I hope they all are, whoever, wherever, they are.

And since I'm in for a penny, in for a pound today (double entendre),
I just want to add to all the posters who say, "She's so beautiful, I hope they find
her!" and other such remarks to ask themselves:
Would you ever say, She's so homely, I hope they find her!
She's so ordinary, I hope they find her!, or,
She's just so plain, I hope they find her, about anyone who's ever missing?

TIA
Rant out for the day!

Dont know if anyone saw this before. Somehow I missed it.

She had an old twitter name called "@f4ggg0t " I dont think the link will work because its 'cached' but you should find it by searching on yahoo. The tone is different than her recent tweets.

Volunteers are continuing the search, now being instructed to look for female clothing, duct tape, zip ties, or rope -- anything used to hide evidence or contain someone.

"If you see something, back away. If you find Sierra, you back away. It's a crime scene," said Brad Dennis, director of search operations for the KlaasKids Foundation, the nonprofit run by Marc Klaas, whose daughter, Polly, was kidnapped in 1994.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2012/03/sierra_lamar_abduction.php

I just want to add to all the posters who say, "She's so beautiful, I hope they find

TIA
Rant out for the day!

Just because the majority of us don't comment on the superficiality of beauty (and by extension, those that think it's an importan factor), doesn't mean we don't feel the same way you do.

By your commenting on it, some may look at their attitude and hopefully improve - but, don't count on it.

This reminds me of a news story on a local web site last night where police were looking for an 11-year-old runaway. The girl did look mature for her age and was pretty tall. Several idiots were making disparaging comments about her size and looks instead of being horrified that an 11-year-old child couldn't be found.

People put too much stock into looks, income level, and even race. None of those things make one person more valuable than another. Yet, it sure does seem that it does in some people's eyes. You can see it just by looking at the thread view counts for each missing person here.

Sierra's parents are trying to keep their minds from wandering to a dark place, especially now that investigators have re-classified the 15-year-old's case. Now they say, there's a chance, someone is holding her against her will.
"Could be she voluntarily left the home and then at some time soon after, contacted somebody and or came into contact with somebody that now has involuntarily kept her missing," said Santa Clara Sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza.

~~~~~~~~~~

The sheriff's office released a statement saying they believe the person responsible for Sierra's disappearance may not live in Morgan Hill, but they believe that person is familiar and comfortable with the area.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8597447

This reminds me of a news story on a local web site last night where police were looking for an 11-year-old runaway. The girl did look mature for her age and was pretty tall. Several idiots were making disparaging comments about her size and looks instead of being horrified that an 11-year-old child couldn't be found.

People put too much stock into looks, income level, and even race. None of those things make one person more valuable than another. Yet, it sure does seem that it does in some people's eyes. You can see it just by looking at the thread view counts for each missing person here.

We can chalk that up to advertising. Every emphasis is put on beauty, and a person's looks, and things you can buy to improve them. How to look 20 years younger, how to have that youthful appearance, how to attract a man, (or woman), but specifically, how to be glamorous and sexy.
Like my grandmom used to say, "Beauty is skin deep.... but ugly goes clear to the bone."

And now it seems to me like LE is really sensationalizing this.

TIA
Rant out for the day!

I can't speak for everyone but I would bet that at least some posters intend those statements to be 2 separate thoughts.
Sort of like saying, "It's a beautiful day, I just won $100." One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. They could have won the money if it had been raining cats and dogs.
She's very pretty AND I hope they find her soon.

She IS beautiful. What is wrong with noticing that or mentioning it? That has no bearing on searching for her or wanting her to be found. It is just an observation. Is it now politically incorrect to say " what a beautiful young girl...I sure hope she is found safe." REALLY?

I'm leaning towards the same scenario.

Re: her online (twitter) activity I have to say I found it very disturbing..I know many have said this is the way most kids are today but seriously if that was my daughter saying all that CRAP I'd be appalled..And I'm no prude, far from it! I was a wild child teen (70s) myself but this just goes way beyond what we were like..I get times change but I can't compute "nice girl" with anything I saw from her or her friends :what:

I also think most of it is pointless..Unless I'm missing the point of tweeting VULGAR one-liners..If the point is to be 'kewl' that goes right over my head & I'd much rather my kid was a 'dork', 'geek', 'loser', whatever they call it today..I also have a hard time believing this goes on all over..I'm convinced it's more common in certain areas then in others..At least I hope like heck that's true.

eta..Late to the discussion re: this 'twitter' issue.

Totally agree and I wonder if older teens, gang members, bad boys, etc might have gotten wind of her posts that make her appear interested in bad boys gansta stuff. In a twisted spirit of being mean or angry over the people she chose to idolize, or life styles she posted about, they decide to prey upon her..

Picture a car with one or more creeps stopping at her drive way and asking her if wants a ride... she thinks they're cool and naively gets in.... Perhaps they only planned on scaring the heck out of her, but things (especially if this was a group) can quickly go very wrong..

It's the tossing of Juicy bag the leads to think it was older teens. The bag seems like a trophy that someone experienced might want, whereas I see it being tossed out of meanness. Though what a previous post mentioned about a perp thinking there might be another phone in it makes sense too, and then so much for my theory..

has anyone looked at the pictures on Craigslist for Sierra? The Dr Phil show today has a story about a 17 year old girl who was kidnapped from a parking lot, drugged, raped, tortured and put on Craigslist as a prostitute. It seems that more and more of these kinds of stories are coming out lately. I would look, but Craigslist is blocked on my work computer.

snipped from : http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8599053

Los Angeles NewsBody found inside dumpster in Acton

ACTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A body was discovered inside a dumpster in Acton on Wednesday morning, the L.A. County Sheriff's Department said.

The body was found in the 6800 block of Sierra Highway around 6:47 a.m. Sheriff's homicide bureau detectives were en route to investigate.

DEVELOPING: We will add more details to this report as they become available.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Is ACTON, CA anywhere near where Sierra went missing ?

Can anyone do a map ?

TIA !!!

snipped from : http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8599053

Los Angeles NewsBody found inside dumpster in Acton

ACTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A body was discovered inside a dumpster in Acton on Wednesday morning, the L.A. County Sheriff's Department said.

The body was found in the 6800 block of Sierra Highway around 6:47 a.m. Sheriff's homicide bureau detectives were en route to investigate.

DEVELOPING: We will add more details to this report as they become available.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Is ACTON, CA anywhere near where Sierra went missing ?

Can anyone do a map ?

TIA !!!

Acton is probably about a 5 or 6 hour drive South from MH. But they could have headed that way no problem. I hope not though. :rose:

snipped from : http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Body-Acton-Trash-Bin-Dumpster-144666905.html

A body was discovered Wednesday inside a trash bin in Acton.

Sheriff's homicide detectives responded to the 6800 block of Sierra Highway after the report, which was received at about 7 a.m. Wednesday.

-------------------------------------------------------------

omg ... "Sierra Highway" ... this may NOT be related, but it is ODD ...

MOO ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member