Found Deceased CA - Katie Wilkins, 25, dies of heroin OD, Los Angeles County, 28 April 2012

Sounds like daddy stashed him in rehab pretty quickly...out of reach of LE?

I think that is exactly what happened. I think CB drove the 'stolen' car straight to the attorney's house in Woodland Hills, and he was taken right to the nearest rehab center, post haste.:mad:

Sounds like daddy stashed him in rehab pretty quickly...out of reach of LE?

I think that is exactly what happened. I think CB drove the 'stolen' car straight to the attorney's house in Woodland Hills, and he was taken right to the nearest rehab center, post haste.:mad:

I think you two are right on the money.

About a week before Katie died, there was another 'incident' in the same general neighborhood of the Wilkins home.

"MALIBU, Calif. -- The daughter of actor Robert Wagner and actress Natalie Wood has been arrested on drug charges.

Deputies were called to a home in the 24400 block of Piuma Road on April 22, after a neighbor reported hearing screaming and a gunfire.

According to a sheriff's statement, Courtney Wagner, 38, and Matthew Cox, 24, were at the home when deputies arrived."

I am interested in this young man, Matthew. About the same age as Katie, and the 'real Chris Benton'. He apparently lives in Malibu. Maybe he knows something? Maybe the sheriff should talk to him? Just an idea.

Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood's Daughter Arrested After Shooting

Malibu Woman’s Missing Car Found As Mystery Of Her Death Deepens
CBS
May 10, 2012 11:18 PM

"MALIBU (CBS) — The mysterious death of a 25-year-old Malibu woman continues to confound authorities as new wrinkles in the case continue to appear."

+

"But almost from the moment her body was found last month, family and friends wanted to know why Wilkins’ 1998 BMW Z3 was missing.

The car turned up yesterday. Juan Fernandez, reporting for CBS2 and KCAL9, says that a parking enforcement officer spotted the car for the second time in two weeks on a residential street in Woodland Hills."

+

"KNX 1070's John Brooks reports that investigators are looking to question Christopher A. Benton, son of Pepperdine president Andrew K. Benton. They do not consider the 27-year-old Benton a suspect, but would like to question him about any information he might have about the young woman’s final hours.

Benton is in drug rehab but is believed to be the last person who came in contact with Wilkins. He has also reportedly hired an attorney and, so far, has refused to talk to investigators.

In response to a KCAL9 inquiry seeking comment, Benton did send us a letter. In it he called his friend’s death “a tragedy … and I’d like to be helpful, but I don’t know anything beyond what I’m reading in the press.”

Fernandez showed the letter to Wilkins’s parents. It didn’t give them the closure they were looking for. Said her mother, “No parent should be going through this.”"

My comment: Indeed, NO PARENT or family should be going through this. Its time for Christopher A. Benton to "man up".

CBS

"MALIBU (CBS) — The mysterious death of a 25-year-old Malibu woman continues to confound authorities as new wrinkles in the case continue to appear."

+

"But almost from the moment her body was found last month, family and friends wanted to know why Wilkins’ 1998 BMW Z3 was missing.

The car turned up yesterday. Juan Fernandez, reporting for CBS2 and KCAL9, says that a parking enforcement officer spotted the car for the second time in two weeks on a residential street in Woodland Hills."

+

"KNX 1070's John Brooks reports that investigators are looking to question Christopher A. Benton, son of Pepperdine president Andrew K. Benton. They do not consider the 27-year-old Benton a suspect, but would like to question him about any information he might have about the young woman’s final hours.

Benton is in drug rehab but is believed to be the last person who came in contact with Wilkins. He has also reportedly hired an attorney and, so far, has refused to talk to investigators.

In response to a KCAL9 inquiry seeking comment, Benton did send us a letter. In it he called his friend’s death “a tragedy … and I’d like to be helpful, but I don’t know anything beyond what I’m reading in the press.”

Fernandez showed the letter to Wilkins’s parents. It didn’t give them the closure they were looking for. Said her mother, “No parent should be going through this.”"

My comment: Indeed, NO PARENT or family should be going through this. Its time for Christopher A. Benton to "man up".

I wonder if they found anyones prints on the steering wheel?

I hope/wish DNA and/or prints shows up on her clothes or body...

Personally speaking, (of course) I find this to be totally unacceptable! Because of the Video capture, He is a necessary witness to Katie’s last known whereabouts prior to coming back to her parent’s home!

Ref:
http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2012/05/katie_wilkins_malibu_25-year-o.php
The victim was found with syringe marks in her arm, says Schoonmaker, but no drug paraphernalia nearby. Investigators later guessed she had OD'ed on heroin based on her history with the drug.
We ask if detectives are planning to interview Benton.
No, says Schoonmaker, because "he's not available" to be interviewed. "His attorney won't let him talk to us, even though we've made it clear that it's a non-criminal investigation."
Benton is believed to have been hanging out with Wilkins before she died. But because there were no signs of trauma to her body -- no signs that someone had forced drugs upon her -- Benron is not considered a suspect in her death.
"It is possible that someone else administered a syringe drug to her," says Schoonmaker. "But not against her will."

Does anyone have the dates of birth for Katie & C.B.?

CBS

+

+

Well, Chris Benton is a big fat liar, IMO!

He would like to be helpful, but he doesn't know anything beyond what he is reading in the new, bullspit.

He is keeping up with what is going on in the news while hiding out in rehab.

I pray they find his dna/fingerprints/etc all over the drivers side of Katie's car.

Personally speaking, (of course) I find this to be totally unacceptable! Because of the Video capture, He is a necessary witness to Katie’s last known whereabouts prior to coming back to her parent’s home!

Ref:
http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2012/05/katie_wilkins_malibu_25-year-o.php

Does anyone have the dates of birth for Katie & C.B.?

:seeya: :seeya: :seeya: Hey Leomoon! It's been a long time my friend!

The poster that goes by Essence is Katie's older brother, Steve. He was the one that found his sister :( and he is not taking no for an answer from anyone until he knows the full truth about what happened to his beloved sister.

When he is on here next time, I will ask him for Katie's dob.

Good to see you! :blowkiss:

Katie's DOB: 12/02/86
Chris DOB: unknown at this time ~27years old

Txt Between Katie and Chris on 4/27 and 4/28:
4765 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 15:37:26 (GMT-7) Sent Sent Phone Outgoing Hey hey :)

4766 310720xxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 15:55:25 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming Sorry i hadnt called yet. I got n2an accident earlier and have been dealing w that.

4767 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 15:56:17 (GMT-7) Sent Sent Phone Outgoing Oh **** that sucks. Was it bad? You okay?

4768 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 15:57:38 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming Im fine but ill call when i get home bc im w my pops.

4769 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 15:58:06 (GMT-7) Sent Sent Phone Outgoing Kk

4770 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 16:15:48 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming Im home now but w out car. Call when u can

4771 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 17:42:08 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming Im goin2 a mtg and my boys gonna take off after. Its over at 830 u wanna come by after?

4772 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 17:58:09 (GMT-7) Sent Sent Phone Outgoing Mtg? You sober now?

4773 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 17:58:56 (GMT-7) Sent Sent Phone Outgoing And yea 8:30 is chill

4774 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:02:28 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming Sorta!? I mostly go4 my fam and bc my head has been twisted since my divorce and my sisters man was really ther4me and i go2stay close w him. R u sober?

4775 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:03:52 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming R u sober?

4776 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:04:10 (GMT-7) Sent Sent Phone Outgoing Oh good deal. I'm not on anything but I'm not sober either.

4777 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:08:05 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming Thats where im at. I take sum pills drink on ocassion and blaze but no more dope. I cant throw away more of my life2the **** but u kno me ill never square up

4778 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:14:24 (GMT-7) Sent Sent Phone Outgoing Yea haven't touched that stuff in a long while :-

4779 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:32:57 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming GOOD! So do u remember wher i live?

4780 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:34:17 (GMT-7) Sent Sent Phone Outgoing Not completey...just remember pepperdine

4782 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:37:05 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming Wanna just pik me up at mcds bc the mtgs at soba next door

4784 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:38:41 (GMT-7) Sent Sent Phone Outgoing At where?

4785 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:39:30 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming Mc Donalds

4787 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:39:54 (GMT-7) Sent Sent Phone Outgoing Okay yea

4792 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:44:46 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming Good chit. C u then. Ive missed u

4793 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:45:24 (GMT-7) Sent Sent Phone Outgoing Yea look forward to seeing you

4815 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 20:32:18 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming U comin?

4818 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/28/12 13:13:05 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming Wut happened? was that ur brother? Lemme kno that ur alrite. have a good day

Katie's death broke on KTLA 5 local news at 6pm on 4/29. I found her 4/28 at ~6pm. No more txts between them after this.

Edit: No narcs in car. Awaiting fingerprint report.

Those texts make me really sad. She was not using heroin at the time. So what made her decide so suddenly to shoot up that night? I wonder if he was the one who brought it over for her?

What a phoney life the real Christopher A Benton was/is living.

SOBA at 22669 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu is next to McDonald's at 22725 Pacifice Coast Highway, Malibu.

SOBA is the SOBA Recovery Center — Drug and Alchohol Treatment Center.

He was obviously going to some "AA type meeting" there that night before hooking up with Katie. It is also obvious that he was not working his program and that he was nowhere near being 'recovered'.

Here is a good 'review' of SOBA:

http://www.thefix.com/content/soba-recovery-center0004

"This laid-back Malibu beachfront rehab charts a holistic path to recovery, which suits the twenty- and thirtysomethings who come here—you just might have to clock a few extra miles on the sand to burn off Chef Monte’s hearty home-cooking."

Phone:
Price: $28,000/first mo.; $14,000/mo. thereafter (90-day program)
Insurance: Yes
Overall: 4 stars
Accommodations: 4 stars
Treatment: 5 stars
Food: 3 stars

There is much more very interesting information in the article about SOBA.

Why did he have to include Katie in his continuingly destructive lifestyle?

Edited to Add this interesting bit from the 'review':

" If you want to share with the outside world how your program is coming along, you’ll have no problem—so long as you don’t get pinched for a rule infraction. If you do, you could lose phone, TV or Internet privileges. Phones also are reportedly restricted during the first week of treatment, or during any detox period. After that, so long as you’re not isolating, SOBA trusts its residents to regulate their own viewing, browsing and calling habits."

Eiither, my eyes deceived me, (it's very possible) OR someone took off on the Google search the Mug Shot of the young man, CB that was posted with his dob.

Strange, but I'm sure I saw it, but now it's gone.(Prisneyland? )

Seems it was from November of 2011 an arrest for DUI or drugs?

Did anyone else see this?

from Essence:

---Katie's death broke on KTLA 5 local news at 6pm on 4/29. I found her 4/28 at ~6pm. No more txts between them after
this.

Note: Looks like the last text was from CB @ 1:13PM 4/28/12 - and he physically saw YOU. So, “where was he” is the question I’d have, or the LE should have!!!!!!

The autopsy should show the approximate time of her death which then still deserves a reasonable explanation, WHY he was lurking or could physically SEE the brother *since there were no other text messages talking about her brother. -----------------------------------------------------------------

Leomoon, you might want to go back in this thread to about post #60. The photo was there and ultimately the photo was removed at the request of 'the other Chris Benton's father'. There is some further discussion about it in this thread.

Could that have been a phone call between them?

IOW, pure speculation: he and Katie were on the phone when she had another incoming phone call (or knock on the door) and she said "have to go, I've got another call (or someone's at the door)". And so he was texting her however long later to ask "Wut happened? was that ur brother? Lemme kno that ur alrite. have a good day"?

Perhaps it was a staged text. It will be interesting to know where his phone pinged when he sent that text. I'm not sure if the family can get that info from the cell provider or not.

Could that have been a phone call between them?

IOW, pure speculation: he and Katie were on the phone when she had another incoming phone call (or knock on the door) and she said "have to go, I've got another call (or someone's at the door)". And so he was texting her however long later to ask "Wut happened? was that ur brother? Lemme kno that ur alrite. have a good day"?

Perhaps it was a staged text. It will be interesting to know what his phone pinged when he sent that text. I'm not sure if the family can get that info from the cell provider or not.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps.

But if I were the family and like so many other California suspicious deaths, "case closes", then I think I would be inclined to get a detective immediately, and make some noise demanding answers. There has to be answers that are logical to have a resolution that makes sense. And yes, the phone records would be part of that , connecting the dots.

There are so many loose ends here as of now.

Perhaps.

But if I were the family and like so many other California suspicious deaths, "case closes", then I think I would be inclined to get a detective immediately, and make some noise demanding answers. There has to be answers that are logical to have a resolution that makes sense. And yes, the phone records would be part of that , connecting the dots.

There are so many loose ends here as of now.
Agree!
I caught up on posts and see that it's (so far) still a non-criminal investigation.

One of the biggest "red flags" to me about Katie's death is that there were no drug paraphanelia found, yet needle marks on her arm. Who removed it?

It disturbs me that the LE (sheriff?) said basically that there's no proof that the injections were against her will. Isn't that still a crime, if a death occurs? Maybe not in CA now?

I could be remembering wrong, but I think in John Belushi's death (in CA) someone (wife? g/f? ex?) was charged for providing or administering the drug dose. Yes, I recalled correctly. Sorry to reference Wiki, but just for starters (someone may want to find some MSM refs.). It's a bit different since she blabbed to the media about administering, but she was later charged, there was a plea bargain, and she served time.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Belushi"]John Belushi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Eiither, my eyes deceived me, (it's very possible) OR someone took off on the Google search the Mug Shot of the young man, CB that was posted with his dob.

Strange, but I'm sure I saw it, but now it's gone.(Prisneyland? )

Seems it was from November of 2011 an arrest for DUI or drugs?

Did anyone else see this?

from Essence:

this.

Note: Looks like the last text was from CB @ 1:13PM 4/28/12 - and he physically saw YOU. So, “where was he” is the question I’d have, or the LE should have!!!!!!

The autopsy should show the approximate time of her death which then still deserves a reasonable explanation, WHY he was lurking or could physically SEE the brother *since there were no other text messages talking about her brother. -----------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, good point. Where was he when he sent that txt? I was in Santa Monica on 21st and Arizona between the hours of 1-4pm. Prior to that I was in Sherman Oaks at my apartment, not visible. Both spots that are quite a distance from the home. I had called the home earlier that day in the morning and then again in the afternoon after 4pm.

My gut tells me the txt was a cover. His silence is paramount for it to have any chance of success.

Also, Chris's fathers press release statement says he doesn't know anything "period". Chris was driving with his dad on 4/27 because according to Chris's txt's Chris had been in an auto accident earlier that day. Given Chris spent time with Katie later that night, Katie ended up dead with car missing, and that my family reached out to the Benton's in private for answers a few days after news of her death and car missing broke; I'd rest easier if I knew he felt compelled enough to move forward by helping my family to speak with Chris immediately and had not chosen to speak through public statement nearly a week later.

Two text messages in particular are rubbing me the wrong way:

4774 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:02:28 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming Sorta!? I mostly go4 my fam and bc my head has been twisted since my divorce and my sisters man was really ther4me and i go2stay close w him. R u sober?4775 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:03:52 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming R u sober?

4776 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:04:10 (GMT-7) Sent Sent Phone Outgoing Oh good deal. I'm not on anything but I'm not sober either.

4777 310720xxxx * Benton Chris 04/27/12 18:08:05 (GMT-7) Read Inbox Phone Incoming Thats where im at. I take sum pills drink on ocassion and blaze but no more dope. I cant throw away more of my life2the **** but u kno me ill never square up

Although he admitted that he'd never square up, he seemed level-headed enough that he just left a meeting. Why rehab all of a sudden?

And how is this still not a criminal investigation? Her car didn't drive itself! Speaking of the car, if LE noticed the car sitting in a cul-de-sac for two weeks, did the car not receive a street-sweeping ticket which are so popular here in CA?

Essence, I'm terribly sorry for your loss and pray you and your family get answers soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back