LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was only in the comments section from yesterday's posting, so it's tough to find.

Last time I looked, that's where it was. Maybe she's addressed it on her wall by now.

Sorry, that's what I meant.

As of a couple minutes before my previous post, CS herself has now confirmed on her facebook page (as well as the Find Mickey pages) that it is NOT Mickey.

ETA Event page:
http://www.facebook.com/events/359507344113948/371523266245689/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_mall_activity

I don't want to raise my children to live in fear either, but I can't raise them to not be cautious either. I've been having to really work on my 4 yr old with talking and waving to strangers. I love that she is outgoing and friendly, but she needs to understand that there are bad people out there. She doesn't need to know the details, but I don't want her thinking everyone can be trusted. Sometimes being a bit paranoid can serve a purpose.

On another note...she heard me telling my mom about Mickey being abducted from Lafayette riding her bike at night and she asked why she was riding at night. Then, she told me that no one took her, it was a tornado. Seriously?! A tornado. No DWTIQ. We've all been wrong. It was a tornado and she is in Oz somewhere.

If you haven't already, please read The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker. And since you have children, I would also recommend de Becker's companion book Protecting the Gift.

The best safety advice we can give our children is to always listen to their intuition. It's never wrong and it can save your life.

Wouldn't matter much if they did b/c we don't know if Mickey had either. FWIW no one mentioned either of those piercings when we were given the initial description. I was thinking she had removed the Monroe one maybe recently, b/c it wasn't really mentioned either that I can remember but I could be mistaken. They did focus on the nostril one, and we were looking for that on the ground on her bike path.

Charlie just confirmed that Mickey removed her lip ring some time ago as I posted yesterday. So she only has her ears and nostril.

Sorry if this has already been posted? I am way, way behind, but it is today's report.

Jun 8, 2012 11:21am
Mickey Shunick Disappearance: Investigator Has Suspect

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/06/mickey-shunick-disappearance-investigator-has-suspect/

From the article:

For Shunick’s family, Abdella’s information is welcome news as they try to stay focused on finding Shunick.

“Hopefully it takes us somewhere in the next couple of days,” the missing woman’s brother Charlie Shunick said.

I hate faulty news.

I think this "aligned" comment was missunderstood.......his comment was that his efforts and the efforts of LE are aligned. Did I miss something?

Not that I ever read Blind Gossip :angel: :rolleyes: ...but blind items often have a clue like this, so I see where it's coming from.

From the article:

I hate faulty news.

That's just moronic. Any bonehead who's aware of the story knows the basics.

I wonder if they think "Mickey" is her own brother.

] Derp

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
about a minute ago
According to Mickey Shunick's family, law enforcement confirms the body found in Bay St. Louis is not Mickey Shunick. The torso has three piercings - one in each nipple and the navel. Mickey does not have piercings, according to her sister, Charlie.

I wonder if they asked past boyfriends. I doubt it's possible her sister wouldn't know, but you never can tell.

That's just moronic. Any bonehead who's aware of the story knows the basics.

I wonder if they think "Mickey" is her own brother.

] Derp

SARCASM ALERT!!!!

This Just in: Mickey Shunick, father of missing son Charlie Shunick, says for everyone to be on the lookout for a potential suspect. A White 4 door Chevy Sierra. It is thought to be armed and extremely dangerous.

Did I get the details right? No? Oh well, print it anyway....

SARCASM ALERT!!!

This Just in: Mickey Shunick, father of missing son Charlie Shunick, says for everyone to be on the lookout for a potential suspect. A White 4 door Chevy Sierra. It is thought to be armed and extremely dangerous.

..pay particular attention to the entire length of I10, and contact any retired NOLA police officer for additional insight. Or Jane Velez Mitchell. They know stuff.

AP will buy that fer sher

How sad for those two guys and their family.

Good morning all! I've caught up with my reading -

SO relieved for Mickey's sake to read that she does not have those piercings - but sad for the other individual's family.

Encouraged by the "developments" in the case and hope LE will get Abdella's POI(s)/perp(s) in the next few days.

As for the personal items - did someone just recently find this stuff? Have they been holding it since it was found? Has LE been holding it and now shared it with Abdella? Confused.

There have been so many seaches of the area she went missing. That leads me to believe that it was either disposed of, and someone happened upon it, or maybe an aquaintence/family member of perp found it. It wouldn't be unusual for a perp to keep some sort of souvenir or maybe just hold on to the stuff until the case goes cold.

So we are looking for a white truck still, but not a Z-71? Okay. Will keep a lookout in my area (around BR).

No, Laffytaffy, we can't live our lives in fear, nor teach our children to be afraid. But we can teach them safety tips, prevention, and awareness.
We can also expect Public Safety & Justice system officials to be well trained and to provide a safe environment for our families.

I think fear is healthy it makes us cautious!
Tells us to stop or turn around when you think something is wrong!
Makes ya run when u shouldnt be walking.
Could save your life one day!

JMO

If there really are known POI's...there might be ping evidence telling where they went with Mickey...

I believe you might be correct here as they gave that 3:30 time frame and besides video that leaves cell phone pings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong