CA CA - Speed Freak Killers (Shermantine talks; Herzog commits suicide)

I'm beginning to think the families are all going to have to connect and organize and put pressure on the authorities. And if necessary arrange for their own surveys and searches.

IMO the authorities seem to be dragging their feet on this one. And I don't know why. I know there were a lot of jurisdictional issues. I know that the idea has been put out there to take Shermantine to the site and that has been shot down. But they just seem reluctant to do much as far as searches.

It may be a strategy to put pressure on Shermantine to give up all he knows, to make him name all the burial sites and tell who all they killed. But in the process it is putting a lot of pressure on the victim's families.

And if they are trying to drive Shermantine, this might be the stick. But they will get more out of him if they occasionally offer him a carrot too.

I'm beginning to think the families are all going to have to connect and organize and put pressure on the authorities. And if necessary arrange for their own surveys and searches.

IMO the authorities seem to be dragging their feet on this one. And I don't know why. I know there were a lot of jurisdictional issues. I know that the idea has been put out there to take Shermantine to the site and that has been shot down. But they just seem reluctant to do much as far as searches.

It may be a strategy to put pressure on Shermantine to give up all he knows, to make him name all the burial sites and tell who all they killed. But in the process it is putting a lot of pressure on the victim's families.

And if they are trying to drive Shermantine, this might be the stick. But they will get more out of him if they occasionally offer him a carrot too.

Well I could see why they would not want to dig up any more of the locations if Herzog was really still alive. After all I have never heard of a prison setting up a trailer on property so an inmate could be released with a place to go. That is the prisoners problem mostly to find suitable housing that complies with conditions of their own parole . WTH.

Not to mention LE has not searched the locations before when apparently they were aware ,even some of the victims parents thought the locations were correct so why did it take padilla getting the media attention to the case for anything to be actually looked at and since they already believe the 2 to have murdered 10 +before finding bodies why would they stop looking after only 4 ?

If the "suicided SK" is alive and signed immunity papers during his plea and cannot be tried for old murders it would sence that since the other started talking ,Herzog would need to disappear and they would not want to dig up 70 people realizing the mistake letting herzog out and having to hid or and claim him dead. Really a huge problem for alot of careers .

SOMETHING STINKS.

Generally though even if a deal is signed giving immunity, it will be only for the known ones they are attempting to prosecute. I have never heard of any blanket immunity for unknown victims. And there are plenty of unknown or unprosecuted victims to pick from.

I do get a strong feeling though that there is something going on behind the scenes that they don't want the public to find out.

I'm not buying this, the govt hides everything from us, there is no truth, this obstructs justice

Is maybe rebecca flores a victim of theirs? her case was closed and marked unsolved. here is her info :
http://www.forthelost.org/jahi
Above: Rebecca Flores in 1991

Rebecca Flores

Last seen in Fresno, California on October 8, 1991

Vital statistics: White female. Born on November 1, 1955. Black hair, brown eyes. She has a scar on her right knee. Two of her front teeth have been extracted and replaced with false. Was thirty-five at the time.

Circumstances: She was last seen entering a red Pontiac Fiero. Foul play is suspected. Classified as Endangered Missing.

Reason for inclusion: Flores' case was closed in 2005.

Contact info: Fresno Police Department at 559-498-1265

I think that LE looks at some of the possible victims as not worth spending the money it will cost. IMO

I think that sucks if true!

That is why I think the family's may have to organize and put pressure on the authorities. It has worked in other cases where LE has dragged their feet.

When authorities see all the families together, with media publicizing it, with voters watching it...... they pay more attention.

Looks like they have shut Wesley up! This is sad if they dont find these poor people!

Hopefully the victims families will finally get their loved ones back home.

What good news! I hope that nothing bad comes from him "taking a walk"; but I honestly hope that more remains are found so that they can be laid to rest properly.

'Speed freak killer' hints at 14 bodies near Clear Lake'

Nevertheless, the Cow Mountain information is too vague to pursue, authorities said. Lake County Sheriff Frank Rivero said he's not about to launch a search of Cow Mountain, which includes 52,000 acres of public land and about 8,000 acres of private land, according to the Bureau of Land Management.

"We are prepared to do whatever it takes to find these bodies," Rivero said. But "I need some good information. It's not like I'm going to send a detective up there with a shovel."

Hope Shermantine is not just looking for a scenic trip. His information isn't as consistent with this claim, a little bit sketchy. He claims he didn't leave any bodies in the Cow Mountain area, but has gotten the information from other killers on Death Row.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_21154679/speed-freak-killer-hints-at-14-bodies-near

:waitasec:

Why dont they take him to Linden and have him show what other wells he knows have bodies? And let him know that if he comes up with NOTHING, then this will be his last trip.

This has to be frustrating to the families of missing people in the area. This is awful!

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120803/A_NEWS/208030312/-1/A_SPECIAL0284

STOCKTON - Convicted serial killer Wesley Shermantine said in a set of sharply worded letters received Thursday that he's not budging from death row to help unearth any more murder victims.

Shermantine, 46, railed against bounty hunter Leonard Padilla for failing to uphold his end of their bargain. Padilla, the killer said, has lagged on sending him the promised rewards.

Yet Assemblywoman Cathleen Galgiani, D-Stockton, said she trekked to San Quentin State Prison personally to meet the killer Sunday, three days after Shermantine wrote the letters. Shermantine told her he would cooperate with certain agencies but not others.

have they found anymore victims???? Since the last three?

They have an un identified and a fetus from the well.

Shermantine can point out others but I think they blew their window of opportunity!

It would help if Padilla would advance at least some of the money he promised. And if authorities would investigate a little more on the info that Shermantime has already given.

A friend told me today that he read that Wesley was taken out of San Quentin Sunday and showed the FBI possible burial sites. When I get time I will do a search for some articles.

If this is true, this is Great news!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie