FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to Mr. Kesse yesterday, Monday 4/17/06 and he stated that he does not want sympathy from anyone. He is working hard to get his daughter back and using billboards and standing on a very busy street corner that does not have billboards. Doing so has generated tips. The police have not given any indication that Jenn is not alive; that there is a strong liklihood that she has been abducted; therefore, please do not feel sorry for them. We need to put our heads together and see how we can reunite her with her family. My thought is, after listening to him, that it doesn't appear that it was her car they were after.

I think that maybe an older man took her away etc. She is in the real estate business, financial end of the spectrum and there are lot of foreign owned companies and entrepreneurs that are global travelers. Just a little thought provoking comment. Maybe we are jumping the gun on this and should consider other possible scenarios. I think we are so quick to judge the worse and should change our thinking, it could change the outcome. I believe in the power of belief.

Both WFTV (Channel 9) & WKMG (Local6) newscasts carried a short segment on the latest turn of events regarding Jennifer's disappearance and her parents plight in their appeal for help in finding her.

Drew & Joyce have enlisted the assistance of an attorney in creating a 30 second public service announcement to run on local TV stations. This is a new tact in the family's effort to generate some new leads.

In the announcement - attorney David Bigney (sp?) appeals to the viewers that "if" they have information to share - they should call 'an attorney' as their information & identity may be afforded the protection of atty-client privilege laws.

Drew Kesse's soundbite from the TV news film clip ..

"Someone should take advantage of going to a lawyer immediately - if you are afraid - if you are illegal or if you have problems with the police already."

As I previously reported in another post - the Kesses desperately want their daughter back .. even if her perpetrator is never prosecuted for her abduction. They have learned & understand that - for whatever reason - there is a segment of the Orlando community that does not feel comfortable interacting with LE and may never come forward 'to do the right thing' unless protection & anonymity is provided.

In addition to traversing all the normal channels with the police investigation, community searches, doing intervIews both locally & nationally - the Kesses also have the "Find Jennifer Kesse" internet site, have advertised a snail mail P.O. box address for anonymous tips and have set up a separate cell phone line specifically for 'that one important caller' to have a way to directly & personally contact them. The Kesse SUV is in itself - "a moving billboard" - and every day during 'rush hour traffic' so are both Joyce & Drew as they wearily hold up their poster signs of their missing daughter while traffic traverses the busy intersection. Thus far - nothing has worked to bring in that much needed information.

The OPD was contacted by the reporter and while the department would not comment directly on the Kesse case - they made it clear that they did not want 'someone with info' to be protected from LE or possible prosecution by an attorney-client privilege.

They obviously prefer tips & info to go through Crimeline & LE channels. Law enforcement officials want the case solved too - but, with the arrest & conviction of the perp.

One of the newscasts said that Joyce was going back to work - so I imagine that means leaving Orlando and returning to Bradenton fairly soon. Nothing was said this evening if Drew still intended to go on 'temporary disability and remain here (Jenn's condo) in Orlando.

Joyce said that they had to go on with their lives but had not given up hope in finding Jennifer. They're both hopeful that this PSA on TV will generate the tip or tips they so desperately need.

13th Juror

Well, I do feel sorry for them. He doesn't have to know it though. Or maybe it is empathy that I feel. How can we not feel something when Jennifer has been gone a while now...there are no clues as to where she may be or who may have taken her...she just disappeared. Her family is doing everything that they can think of to find her but nothing is happening. Is she an only child I wonder? Isn't he a detective?

That is good that they are holding on to hope. That is what keeps them going. Personally I think it will be a miracle if Jennifer is found alive. I wish I could believe that someone is holding her somewhere but I don't think that is the case. No one has asked for a reward. A person of Jennifer's age can't be hidden away never to see the light of day. I guess it just doesn't seem logical to me.

I don't understand why the Kesse's don't ask for help in holding their signs up there on the road. There are probably people who would be more than willing to take a turn so that they can take a break. I hope they aren't pushing people away.

According to the 11 PM newscast on WFTV - Channel 9 in Orlando ...

Tomorrow - Monday, 4/24 - Drew & Joyce Kesse will anounce a new more substantial reward amount for information of Jennifer's whereabouts.

They are hoping the higher amount will encourage 'someone' to come forward.

Details of the reward were not being made public tonight. All the family would say is that it is 'a large reward'.

Since the anonymous donor pulled back his $100,000. amount a number of weeks ago - the reward fund has been sitting at $15,000.

More tomorrow ....

13th Juror

Noon News - WFTV Channel 9 - April 24th

Well - it's definitely a 'substantial sum'!!

David Siegel of Westgate Resorts - Jennifer's employer, has upped the 'Reward Fund" to a quarter of a million dollars for the SAFE return of Jennifer.

This is a limited time offer of 1 MONTH. This additional reward money expires on May 24th and it is reported that will not be repeated.

"Someone with information" can call Crimeline ~ 1-800-423-TIPS - the Kesses private direct 'cell phone' line (407 - 722-2162) - or make contact through an attorney of the caller's choice and still be eligible for the $250,000 reward.

Siegel said .. "You can call it a reward or ransom but the reward is only for Jennifer's SAFE return." ("Safe" being the operative word!)

The news conference was held today with Mr. Siegel, Drew & Joyce Kesse and Jenn's boyfriend, Rob Allen (holding Joyce's other hand).

Let's hope this produces the prayed for results!

13th Juror

fl_sun said:
A very detail oriented person posted numerous unanswered questions about the Jennifer Kesse case which I separated in to specific topics. Please help answer the questions she has posed see:

http://flfiesta.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=31
No one is answering our friend's questions. It is amazing. They are very valid questions.

A limited $250,000 reward is available through May 24, 2006. $250,000 Reward Please notify the Kesses if you have ANY information 407-722-2162.

DOWNLOAD THE FLYER HERE (Adobe PDF) Please print and post within 1/2 mile radius of your home! If all of us just post ONE flyer, all of Orlando and vicinity will be blanketed with the new flyers.

DONATIONS
A special trust account has been set up to help the Kesse family. Donations can be made at any BANK OF AMERICA branch – please make checks payable to FIND JENNIFER KESSE TRUST. You can also pay via http://paypal.com, please send payments to drew@jenniferkesse.com.

fl_sun said:
No one is answering our friend's questions. It is amazing. They are very valid questions.

I clicked on the link and the forum is no longer there. What were the questions?

I realize they were moved to HERE If you look among comments you will see the various numbered questions (sorry)

Watch Dateline NBC tonight 5/13/06 at 8PM

On Monday April 24, 2006 Westgate Resorts, Jennifer’s employer, announced a $250,000 REWARD for the “SAFE RETURN” of Jennifer Kesse. This Reward offer EXPIRES on May 24, 2006.

If you or someone you know has information that can help us bring Jennifer home safely…Please call a lawyer immediately – an attorney can protect you and act in your best interest. You may also call the Kesse Family Direct Tip Line @ 407-722-2162. ONLY people with exact names and/or exact locations respond to this reward offer.

We understand that whoever is involved may have gotten into a situation and needs help to work out a positive end; may have had trouble with the law in the past or may be here illegally. The Kesse family is not interested in prosecuting anyone…we simply want our daughter back safely as soon as possible.

David Bigney, a Defense Attorney prepared and recorded with support from Jennifer’s family, a Public Service Announcement, which has started to run on TV, radio and in print media and is available to any media outlet upon request to the family. This message is very simple - Anyone with information or knowledge of where Jennifer is, or who has her, please call a lawyer immediately!

DOWNLOAD THE FLYER HERE (Adobe PDF) Please print and post within 1/2 mile radius of your home! If all of us just post ONE flyer, all of Orlando and vicinity will be blanketed with the new flyers.

DONATIONSA special trust account has been set up to help the Kesse family. Donations can be made at any BANK OF AMERICA branch – please make checks payable to FIND JENNIFER KESSE TRUST. </B>You can also pay via http://paypal.com, please send payments to drew@jenniferkesse.com.

AM-580 WDBO
Kesse Reward Up to Quarter Million
Bob Hazen 04/24/2006 12:46:18

It’s been three months since Jennifer Kesse disappeared from her Orlando home. A reward for her return is going up to a quarter million dollars. The anonymous donor has a name. “I’ll be very happy to write that check,” said timeshare tycoon David Seigel. Siegel owns the resort where Jennifer Kesse worked. “This can be a reward, a ransom, whatever you want to call it.”

Her father, Drew, says now is the time. “There’s absolutely nothing that leads to that Jennifer is no longer with us, absolutely nothing.”

The family has set up a direct phone line for tipsters 407 722 2162.

Listen here: LISTEN

DISCUSSION BOARD

Just stopped in to remind everyone that Jennifer's case is one of four "disappearance cases" being profiled tonight on Dateline NBC. Joyce Kesse will be a guest.

Dateline's "Into Thin Air" airs Tonight on the East Coast at 8 PM.

13th Juror

FOX News (Local 35) - Friday, May 26th

About 50 students in UCF's Crime Analysis Program will be spending their summer researching info & recreating the timeline of Jennifer's disappearance. UCF Professor Mike Flint is the lead instructor.

Drew Kesse gave them his blessing and felt that "new eyes" taking a look could only be helpful.

About 550 leads have come in and even with Orlando's best detectives working the case - still, there's no Jennifer.

LE stated that although it's been 4 months - it's not a cold case" - they are still working on it.

As we all know - the additional $250,000.00 reward offered by Jenn's employer, Westgate Properties, has expired as of midnight on Tuesday, May 24th.

IMO - the liklihood that "someone in the know" would come forward with valid information now is slim to none .. unfortunately.

God Bless the Kesse family - please keep them in your thoughts n' prayers.

13th Juror :)

That is so gratifying to learn about all the attention that students will give this case, thank you for keeping us updated.

I wonder if LE were able to get any fingerprints from Jennifer's car? If the person didn't have a criminal history his prints wouldn't be in a date base but at least they would have them in case the person gets in trouble with the law at some time down the road. Never did hear if there was any type of evidence in or on the car.

So nothing ever came of that video pic of someone walking by the parking lot where Jennifer's car was found?

Unbelievable that nothing has happened in this case. You would think when big rewards are offered that someone would tell what they know. It's sad that there hasn't even been a clue as to what happened to Jennifer.

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder if LE were able to get any fingerprints from Jennifer's car? If the person didn't have a criminal history his prints wouldn't be in a date base but at least they would have them in case the person gets in trouble with the law at some time down the road. Never did hear if there was any type of evidence in or on the car.

So nothing ever came of that video pic of someone walking by the parking lot where Jennifer's car was found?

Unbelievable that nothing has happened in this case. You would think when big rewards are offered that someone would tell what they know. It's sad that there hasn't even been a clue as to what happened to Jennifer.

Hi BobbisAngel :)

I have also wondered if fingerprints were successfully lifted from Jennifer's Malibu. If so .. that information was never released by LE to the media/public.

To my knowledge (and I'm watching!) - nothing regarding the forensics taken from Jenn's car has come to the public's attention. Why? I don't know.

It appears to me that either the forensics team didn't find anything of significance (which I feel probably should have been reported) or they have something that they cannot reveal to the public without tipping off the perpetrator. I just don't know what is going on. :confused:

I've been told by a close friend in LE (OPD) that it is not a cold case but they definitely need more than what they currently have. That says "stumped" to me.

No - nothing, just nothing on the POI in the video still shots has materialized. At least not anything that the public is privvy to...

I'm as disappointed as you are at the lack of progress in this case investigation. Just too sad for words for the Kesse family. :(

In the city of Orlando there have been as many murders committed as there have been weeks since the beginning of 2006. One a week - and that doesn't even include the rest of Orange County - just Orlando alone. Pathetic!! :furious:

From the local news media - LE has their hands full with all the senseless murders .. usually robbery or drug-related committed mostly by minorities from some of the less than desirable areas. Lots more violent crime recently reported in the Metro-West vicinity .. same general area where Jenn's Mosaic condo is located.

From my perspective, spanning half a century - Orlando's citizenry has changed so much over the years - I hardly recognize it anymore. It's not even close to being the safe friendly city I remember so fondly growing up. Very sad! :( So very glad & appreciative that I live further north in a much safer area in Seminole County.

I do hope & pray every day that there is a break in Jennifer's bizarre disappearance. Since the $250,000 reward was recalled on the 24th - I seriously doubt the solution will come from a "tip" to LE. I truly believe it's going to take a heavy measure of luck and some good old fashioned police work (boots on the ground!) to solve this mystery .. if it ever does get solved.

BobbisAngel - I agree it's "unbelievable" that nothing has happened in this case - that there were no clues for investigators to follow. IMHO - there just has to be something LE is missing! But - what is it??? :confused:

Nothing new in the local news about Jenn's case.

13th Juror

The thing that sticks most in my mind with this case is the fact that whoever left her car in that parking lot headed right back over to her condo complex.

I guess it could have been someone not connected in any way with the complex as they must have left their vehicle in Jennifer's parking lot when they took her because they also had her car. Yet, for some reason I really believe that it was either someone who was working there....lives there...or had spent the night with someone there and was leaving early in the morning and happened to see Jennifer. A worker makes sense to me. Someone who had been working there for awhile and would see her leaving for work every morning. Then she was gone on vacation and the first morning she is due back to work he grabs her. If it was a contractor he could say he was anywhere in the complex working on a condo and it probably couldn't be proven that he wasn't. Those guys go from condo to condo because they follow the person ahead of them which could be a painter or anything. One contractor can't do his job until another contractor finishes his. I just don't know how LE could ever prove who it was if it was someone working there.
Any forensic evidence would have been in Jennifer's car....not his. Unless they can pinpoint where he took her...to his home....a park....woods...they are really in a bind. Without knowing who took her they won't know where he took her.

I'm glad that I live in a small town without all of that crime. We have gangs here and dopers who break into houses and steal for drugs. Compared to the murder rate in other places we have very little. Even though there aren't that many murders here I thank the good Lord that LE in the small town where my daughter was murdered were really on the ball and they knew how to investigate. I had complete faith in them and especially our lead detective. I don't know how people stand it when they feel that LE isn't doing much. I probably would have been on their backs all of the time screaming my head off. I would not have been a nice person and they would have hated to see me coming.

I wonder if they have an idea how tall the abductor is? If Jennifer's car seat wasn't where she normally had it set and the abductor moved it to fit his legs then LE should have an idea of his height.

I can understand LE keeping any evidence that they may have close to the vest but it just seems that nothing is happening. For Jennifer's parents it has to be so frustrating. It was a nightmare for me not knowing where the killer of my daughter was for 8 yrs. but to not know where my daughter is and not know who has her or has done something horrible to her would just be such a nightmare. I don't know how all of these parents with missing children survive emotionally. I just hate it.

Bobbisangel said:
The thing that sticks most in my mind with this case is the fact that whoever left her car in that parking lot headed right back over to her condo complex.

When I saw that video tape on TV, I believe it was on Dateline, they said that the ONLY thing that could be determined about the person was their height -- they could not even be positive as to gender, it could be male or female, and they never mentioned that this individual went towards the condo. They showed the few seconds of tape several times, and I don't remember what they said was the precise height of the individual walking past the gate in the parking lot.

Bobbisangel said:
Any forensic evidence would have been in Jennifer's car....not his. Unless they can pinpoint where he took her...to his home....a park....woods...they are really in a bind. Without knowing who took her they won't know where he took her.

IIRC, they haven't released, to the public, ANY info about what they found, OR did not find, forensically in her car.

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder if they have an idea how tall the abductor is? If Jennifer's car seat wasn't where she normally had it set and the abductor moved it to fit his legs then LE should have an idea of his height.

If Dateline shows the segment on Jennifer Kesse again, I hope I remember to PM you, as I think it would really interest you. They do know the precise height of the person who walked past the gate, but that is the ONLY thing they know.

Bobbisangel said:
I don't know how all of these parents with missing children survive emotionally. I just hate it.

Amen.

I would love to watch that segment of Dateline if it shows again..thanks.

When the dogs were taken to Jennifer's car they sniffed inside and then they followed a trail that took them into her complex from the side or back. The dogs went as far as her condo. I can't remember if it went up the stairs but I don't think so. I think it was in front of her condo. If I'm wrong someone can correct me. They probably stopped right about where he took her.

If it was a worker he could have taken her somewhere...possibly his home if he lived alone...tied her up and taped her mouth....drove her car back to that parking lot and went right back to work. No one would have been the wiser. If someone saw him walking through the parking lot he could have said he just came from another condo he had been working on. I wonder what the time frame would be between the time they believe she would have been leaving for work and the time her car was found?

It also wouldn't hurt for LE to see how many seperated or single women are living in that complex and ask if they happened to have a overnight guest the night before Jennifer went missing or if any of them had a visitor early in the morning that left around the time Jennifer was leaving for work.

Bumping for Jennifer. I just returned from Orlando where I saw many posters for her. Hopefully there will be some news soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge