GUILTY WA - Zina Linnik, 12, Tacoma, 4 July 2007

My heart sank at this news. Poor, poor Zina. She deserved to live her childhood.

Dirty, rotten SOB!

I am heartbroken over this development. I was so hoping they would find Zina alive.

How on earth can they take a person who 'violently raped' a 16 yo child and plea it down to 'incest?' What the heck!

This is another example of how these dam# 'sex offender' classes do NOT work, they will have more victims?!

I'd also like to know why they are protecting this guys likeness and name from the public, especially now that they've found Zina, from information give to them by the suspect? They need to get his information out there and find out if there are more victims of this creep!

OMGosh, I'm going to cry. :(

fran

Sorry to be blunt, to the point and graphic, but death row inmates need to be executed and the sicko pervs like this guy should be kept behind bars for life. HOWEVER, this guy should have had his illegal behiney sent back to his motherland the FIRST time he was caught and this beautiful little girl would still be with us.

I am heartbroken over this development. I was so hoping they would find Zina alive.

How on earth can they take a person who 'violently raped' a 16 yo child and plea it down to 'incest?' What the heck!

This is another example of how these dam# 'sex offender' classes do NOT work, they will have more victims?!

I'd also like to know why they are protecting this guys likeness and name from the public, especially now that they've found Zina, from information give to them by the suspect? They need to get his information out there and find out if there are more victims of this creep!

OMGosh, I'm going to cry. :(

fran

This is beyond words. It is so sad.
The family moves to the USA to provide for a better life for their children--and little Zina gets kidnapped at the hands of a pervert and is murdered. Prayers for the family.

RIP Zina

fran

I was doing research on sex offenders in NC, and I spoke with a parole officer about these classes. Apparently, they're group classes where sex offenders basically just yell at each other to get their aggression and anger out. So we're essentially "solving the problem" of aggressive offenders by placing them in rooms with other aggressive offenders in hopes that their aggressions will offset each other. As you can see, it doesn't work.

There are people here in NC lobbying to get sex offender laws to be more lax, and I'm not quite sure what to do about it or why they would want that. The system is falling apart.

Sorry to be blunt, to the point and graphic, but death row inmates need to be executed and the sicko pervs like this guy should be kept behind bars for life. HOWEVER, this guy should have had his illegal behiney sent back to his motherland the FIRST time he was caught and this beautiful little girl would still be with us.

The problem with simply deporting him is that regardless of what country he is in children in his immediate area are in danger of being molested and killed. We need as a country to stand up and say enough. Stop coddling these sick deviant perverts and either lock them up or put them to death saving the tax payers the money it would take to house and feed these SOBs for a lifetime. That or I can think of some body modifications that could be made.. a few appendages removed and another sewn shut... I wont get graphic but I am so heartsick and frankly frightened for all children. There seems to be an open season on them and the perps get all the benefit of the doubt because we as a society are afraid to infringe on their (the perps)rights. .. what of all of these children and their right to grow up innocent, unmolested, to have a long and happy life..apparently we value the rights of these deviants more than we do our childrens rights.

MY deepest and most sincere sympathies go out to Zina's family and friends. I am so incredibly sorry that your daughter and friend has been the victim of such a horrific crime. I can only hope that she may rest in peace and that you too find the grace and peace that you all need.

Because they let them plead down in cases and let them go instead! GRRR!

This guy isn't even a citizen of this country. Why would we let more Pedophiles into our country? Like we don't have enough of these sicko's here of our own?

Rest in Peace little one. I'm so sorry you weren't protected.

Neighbors said, the guy was quiet and just stayed in the yard and WATCHED the children. Hello! Isn't that a clue?

Even though I expected this, it is still so sad, and my heart is breaking. These people cannot be cured. They should not be on the streets to continue to harm our children. I can't imagine how her family is feeling today. Her poor father. He comes here to start a new life, and his beautiful little girl is freaking stolen from him on July 4th!!!!! :furious: Whoever worked to get his charge of violent rape changed to one of incest should feel like sh!& about this also. I am disgusted, furious, and hurt. I am tired of sitting at my keyboard crying.

We need to stand up and be heard. Why are we allowing our court system to release rapists back into society??? I don't care how much monitoring they do (and it's not much), society is not safe with these creeps on the streets.

It seems like common sense to me. Why aren't our lawmakers using it?

Sorry, I get so angry every time this happens to a child and it is so needless when the perp has already been caught one time. Keep him when you convict him! Don't let him out!

We need to stand up and be heard. Why are we allowing our court system to release rapists back into society??? I don't care how much monitoring they do (and it's not much), society is not safe with these creeps on the streets.

Sorry, I get so angry every time this happens to a child and it is so needless when the perp has already been caught one time. Keep him when you convict him! Don't let him out!

I agree completely! I've heard of sex offenders who, even after being charged three times, are only getting parole. And even then, there aren't enough parole officers to check up on them, and some offenders are going weeks to months without having address verification, etc. And so many offenders are listign homeless shelters as their places of address and spend the days walking through the streets unmonitored. How many more deaths do at the hands of these offenders do we have to deal with? I almost think that nothing will change until a lawmaker's relative or friend is harmed.

I agree completely! I've heard of sex offenders who, even after being charged three times, are only getting parole. And even then, there aren't enough parole officers to check up on them, and some offenders are going weeks to months without having address verification, etc. And so many offenders are listign homeless shelters as their places of address and spend the days walking through the streets unmonitored. How many more deaths do at the hands of these offenders do we have to deal with? I almost think that nothing will change until a lawmaker's relative or friend is harmed.

I'm afraid you are right about that. Do the lawmakers and judges lack the ability to imagine themselves the victim of such a crime, or their child as the victim?

:( I am both saddened and outraged at the same time :furious:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Linnik family. May their faith help console and heal them in this time of crisis.

I think folks in Washington should be outraged that this trajedy was allowed to occur. It was certainly preventable if proper procedures were followed in the first place. People in the Seattle/Tacoma area should let there community leaders and duly elected representatives know that this kind of leniancy towards sex offenders is no longer tolerable.

Harsher sentences and constant monitoring of these perverts is the only solution that protects our children from such atrocities.

OMG...I just turned on the news and heard. :furious: That SOB never should have been in this country, DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That poor, poor little beautiful girl, Zina. I am absolutely outraged and soooooo sad for her family.

Praying hard for the Linnik family. Jesus, please hold Zina tight and comfort her family!!!

I totally agree with you. Think about what each of us can do to BE HEARD. When I read the news this morning I cried for Zina, I cried for Jessica, I cried for them all. But most of all I cried because there will be another child in the news today.

I apologize if this should be in the PP, however it directly relates to this case with sad irony.

I'll bet this lovely child and her parents immigrated here legally. Then they fall victim to one scum who is in violation of our immigration laws. I hope lawmakers will finally realize how drastically unfair that is.

Prayers for her family. How sad that they thought they would have a better life here. We've let them down. Our immigrants who value America and the opportunities here deserve better as do we. It's time to sit on our representatives on both sides and make them listen.

On another note: when will we accept as a people that sex offenders cannot be cured? Programs do not correct the behavior. The only time they end up in prison for life or get the death penalty is when the behavior escalates and they kill an innocent child. It's UNACCEPTABLE.

Raping a child (with the exception of statutory) should receive an automatic life sentence.
Enough.

I am so sad and sooooo mad right now.

I also am just SICK that her father had to witness her being taken and felt helpless. What he must be going throught.

Oh my gosh, I just logged on and read this news. God bless poor Zina.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back