George's Gun: Who notified the police?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know Florida law, but here you cannot have a loaded gun concealed anywhere in your car except your trunk. Glovebox is illegal. You still need a permit for a concealed weapon to hide it.

I know the state my ex-huband lives in gave him a permit to carry a concealed weapon with no restrictions at all. This is a man who has been diagnosed as depressed and bi-polar. He has an anger problem like George and someonne's gonna get shot someday imo. Here you cannot have a handgun permit if you have had any mental illness at all, or any suicide attempts.

I am familiar with florida law on this regard as I have had a concealed weapons permit.

You can have a gun anywhere in your vehical as long as it is not considered concealed by law. LAW YOU ASK? : :)

The 2008 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
CRIMES Chapter 790
WEAPONS AND FIREARMS View Entire Chapter

790.01 Carrying concealed weapons.--

(1) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person who carries a concealed weapon or electric weapon or device on or about his or her person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(2) A person who carries a concealed firearm on or about his or her person commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(3) This section does not apply to a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon or a concealed firearm pursuant to the provisions of s. 790.06.

(4) It is not a violation of this section for a person to carry for purposes of lawful self-defense, in a concealed manner:

(a) A self-defense chemical spray.

(b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.

(5) This section does not preclude any prosecution for the use of an electric weapon or device, a dart-firing stun gun, or a self-defense chemical spray during the commission of any criminal offense under s. 790.07, s. 790.10, s. 790.23, or s. 790.235, or for any other criminal offense.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes..._String=concealed+weapon&URL=CH0790/Sec01.HTM

Now on or about your person is the touchy issue. In your glove box from my discussions with at least 10 LE over the years is not on or about your person. Under your seat is under your passenger seat is not, (your passenger now becomes liable by law as it is now on or about his/her person) Under your back seat is not. Some LE even say you can have it on your dash board (it's not concealed obviously) It has nothing to do with access to the weapon it has to do with it being "concealed" and having access to it. IE trying to hide it from others including LE. Now with a permit in the state of FLA you can have it anywhere, just be carefull you don't put your passengers in jepardy with your placement.

BTW if you feel worried about him and you can provide that information to the police I am sure they can revoke his permit, removing the guns will be more difficult emminant danger is harder to prove, but people baker acted have had that happen from my understanding look up the law in your state.

This is the section of florida law as it regards a license to carry http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes..._String=concealed+weapon&URL=CH0790/Sec06.HTM

Owning one and a licence to carry are different.

This is the section of florida law as it regards purchase http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0790/SEC0655.HTM&Title=->2008->Ch0790->Section%200655#0790.0655

This is the section of florida law as it regards lawful ownership and possesion http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0790/SEC25.HTM&Title=->2008->Ch0790->Section%2025#0790.25

this part in there would apply to you if you lived here if he falls under this catagory:
1. A person who has been adjudged mentally incompetent, who is addicted to the use of narcotics or any similar drug, or who is a habitual or chronic alcoholic, or a person using weapons or firearms in violation of ss. 790.07-790.115, 790.145-790.19, 790.22-790.24;

And here is the complete list for the entire Chapter 790 Weapons and firearms http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0790/titl0790.htm

I am fairly certain in my opinion that George or someone in the house (possibly the lawyer) did it at an odd hour just to screw with police. A way of getting back at them, knowing that a judge wouldn't revoke the bond.

Maybe it was one of Cindy's relatives...they do not seem to like him very much and they would probably be privvy to the fact that he still had his guns.

JMO but I don't think any of the A's called it in, or JB, from an outside source or a weapons check is my guess.

As angry as I've seen GA on tv, shoving protesters and all, maybe someone in the house was afraid he'd use the gun to drive protesters away so they called it in....

Hundreds??? Let's exaggerate a little shall we? It doesn't matter; it still does not give him the right to put his hands on any of them. There's a simple trick they teach you in anger management - it's called ignore.

It's easy to see where there are rumors or his attacking his own father. The man clearly has a problem that he has never addressed. The minute he touched another person, he lost any respect from me.
well to me there looked like 100s of people on the tv out there .. traffic jams ect ? looked pretty packed to me . and no he shouldnt be putting his hands on anyone and they shouldnt be there harrassing anyone . neither party is doing the right thing

Bumping this as I was asked to find source of why I think it was Lee who reported the gun in GA's car. This thread is why but there is no source here.

My memory has been jogged though and I think it was the A's lawyer who called it in. Now I have to try to find a source for that idea.

Bumping this as I was asked to find source of why I think it was Lee who reported the gun in GA's car. This thread is why but there is no source here.

My memory has been jogged though and I think it was the A's lawyer who called it in. Now I have to try to find a source for that idea.
Imo, if KC was on home confinement at the time, he was not allowed to have a gun on the premises per typical terms of release. I think he assumed that putting it in the wheel well was getting it out of the house.
His gun was most likely registered and when they realized he had one they probably just went and got it.
I doubt Lee had anything to do with it. I bet they just asked GA where it was and he told them.

Weren't the phones tapped at some point? Maybe they heard George mention it to someone.

A spokesman with the Orange County Corrections Department told News 13 they received a tip sometime between midnight and 1 a.m. Saturday of a handgun present on the Anthonys' property.

Having a gun on the property is a violation of Casey Anthony's bail. Casey was released for the second time from the Orange County Jail Friday
The judge who issued the bail said, however, since it seemed Casey was unaware of the gun, she will not be taken back into custody
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/9/6/evidence_taken_from_george_anthony39s_car.html

Imo, if KC was on home confinement at the time, he was not allowed to have a gun on the premises per typical terms of release. I think he assumed that putting it in the wheel well was getting it out of the house.
His gun was most likely registered and when they realized he had one they probably just went and got it.
I doubt Lee had anything to do with it. I bet they just asked GA where it was and he told them.

On the thread about "all about george" I claimed that Lee reported the gun in GA's car. Patti asked me to source my claim. I'm trying to do that but have not found anything to support my claim other than a two page thread speculating it was Lee. I remember that there was an interview with someone explaining how the whole thing went down after the fact. It's possible I'm mixing stuff up based on my poor memory. I'm still looking for whatever I can/may find. And, yes, I did/do remember why it was a problem that a gun was at/near the house as KC was on house arrest then. Thanks.

Weren't the phones tapped at some point? Maybe they heard George mention it to someone.

We just had confirmation of the tap come out in yesterday's document release. What it doesn't tell us is what LE learned from having done that. Anything's possible at this point.

On the thread about "all about george" I claimed that Lee reported the gun in GA's car. Patti asked me to source my claim. I'm trying to do that but have not found anything to support my claim other than a two page thread speculating it was Lee. I remember that there was an interview with someone explaining how the whole thing went down after the fact. It's possible I'm mixing stuff up based on my poor memory. I'm still looking for whatever I can/may find. And, yes, I did/do remember why it was a problem that a gun was at/near the house as KC was on house arrest then. Thanks.
I don't recall it being Lee at all.

This is a good example of how speculation evolves to fact and that's whyasking for links is necessary.

I am looking too woe.b.gone. I locked the other thread you bumped because we are going to have the same conversation going on 3 threads.

We just had your point confirmed in yesterday's doc. dump.
But wouldn't that have clued them into the fact that they were being monitored? I don't think LE would have wanted to reveal that. Unless, they used the info. to question or establish the fact that no guns were supposed to be on the premise. Just curious, was this when LP was around? Sorry, too tired to go and look. TIA

I tried to search too. I don't recall any confirmation of the tip. All I remember is GA buying it shortly before KC was released on bond due to fear of the protesters. I even looked and couldn't even find that information again. Does anyone recall if it was LP may have mentioned this story behind the purchase of the gun? I just know I limit my resources from postings & links on ws.

But wouldn't that have clued them into the fact that they were being monitored? I don't think LE would have wanted to reveal that. Unless, they used the info. to question or establish the fact that no guns were supposed to be on the premise. Just curious, was this when LP was around? Sorry, too tired to go and look. TIA

Intesting.. we were thinking LP at the same time.

I'm making no sense today. I don't think LE knew about the gun because of the tap. LE received a tip about the gun.

But the FACT that LE put a device on the A's phone is documented as per yesterday's release. Prior to that, it was speculation. So now we know. What is not revealed in the docs, is what LE, if anything, found out through doing that.

I don't recall it being Lee at all.

This is a good example of how speculation evolves to fact and that's whyasking for links is necessary.

I am looking too woe.b.gone. I locked the other thread you bumped because we are going to have the same conversation going on 3 threads.

Hi JBean. :blowkiss:

I do not recall that Lee was mentioned as the one who alerted LE to the fact that George had a gun on the premises. And I do not believe we heard why or when he had purchased it until a bit later after it was confiscated. He bought it when she got out of jail, like on the 19th? of August? and I am sure that the registration must have been what alerted them to the fact he had purchased a gun. I think the Lee thing was all speculation and rumor...at least I never saw any "evidence" that clarified it for certain...

Correcting my post: Casey was actually released from jail on the 21st of August. Here is the link:
http://www.wesh.com/news/17251390/detail.html

And we now know that the gun was ordered on August 29th and picked up on September 4th (several folks posted links later in this thread to corroborate this. I should have qualified my statements with IIRC...Sorry PattyG

:waitasec: after all this about the gun tonight - for the life of me, I don't even know why we care about the gun anymore. I know nothing. I see nothing. I hear nothing.
I'm gonna be like those three monkeys from now on. :bang:

Hi Woe.be.gone...

One reason I have thought on this gun was due to the time when George purchased it. For one reason or another the day his daughter was released from jail he bought a gun. Obviously he knows how to use a gun, and more importantly he knew she could not be on the premises with a gun, so it is just a mystery to me how he thought he could get away with having it there. Also I wonder if he bought it to protect Casey OR did he buy it because deep down he feared she HAD killed Caylee and felt safer with it around? Totally off topic I know...
Apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member