TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Muffet, now it is working fine :waitasec: .

CSI / photographer, Joe Cox:

2lx9tsp.jpg

Showing pics on large screen.

Warning, could be graphic.

CSI tech's voice broke when he id'd pic of Channon's ipod showing the inscription "Channon, we love you. Mom and Dad"

Oh Crap......

http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

Reports of clean tox on victims incorrect. Channon had small amnt alcohol, Chris a mix of pot, amphetamines #cntrial2 minutes ago

My guess the amphetamine found in Chris' system was probably adderall. It's prescribed for ADD. It's huge on college campuses. People don't take it to get a "high" or anything, as it doesn't have that effect. Although, I suppose if you took large amounts of it, it would probably give a "speedy" feeling. It helps you focus and is really good for studying. If that is what was in Chris' system, I would assume he used it for the same purposes most college students' do, to help them focus and study.

As to the alprazolam AKA "xanax", that is for anxiety.

I have ADD and have taken Adderall for many years now. I agree that it does help you focus & study, but in my case it also gave me that speedy feeling. It got to a point to where I don't take it anymore because people were whispering behind my back they thought I was on drugs. I never saw it because I was focusing. Many people abuse Adderall to get that speedy feeling.

No longer showing pics as they are talking about the kitchen and trashcan.

Wish they wouldn't keep showing the dad, he is suffering and no need to keep putting him on camera.

Gary rocking back and forth...as his did last time. I worry about him.

Showing contents of Channon's purse, paystubs, tanning receipts.....

Picture in garbage bag looks like a very young Channon's mother. Pretty.

Channon's cds....

I have ADD and have taken Adderall for many years now. I agree that it does help you focus & study, but in my case it also gave me that speedy feeling. It got to a point to where I don't take it anymore because people were whispering behind my back they thought I was on drugs. I never saw it because I was focusing. Many people abuse Adderall to get that speedy feeling.

I, too, have ADD and have taken it for a few years. They recently changed mine to time release and that really helped me, b/c I would get headaches from it. It wakes me up in the morning. It helps me focus and study better. (I'm in college, graduate in December with my BSN!)

A few years ago, MTV did a documentary on adderall use among college campuses. From what I remember, most of the students mentioned the same above reasons as to why they took it. I'm sure some abuse it, but my point
was if Chris used it, it was probably for the same reasons most college kids take it. Not to abuse it. Hope that makes sense!

Burnt cell phone and tenn driver license in Channon's purse.

The killer's house is much cleaner and not as nasty as I imagined.

Physically identifying Channon and Chris' property found at the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth