WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do.

Because too damn many pieces of this case simply do not add up. There is far more to this than what we've been told, and *someone* out there knows what really happened that night.
Thanks , it helps to know that someone else feels this way....

True. In addition, what upsets me is that:
1. When the story first broke, it was of a loving Mom who had vanished on a road trip with her little boy.
2. Then, all at once: Alcoholism, DUI, CPS reports come out,
3. at the same time, tragically, that little Azriel's body is found.
4. Overnight, it became "irresponsible woman with many strikes against her gets her kid drowned, too late now, nothing can be done, end of story".
5. The temptation now to let it drop, not probe further, is strong.
6. Meantime, all SS 's good is swept away
7. If she were found and evidence of being a victim of a crime, this might change.

true so so true. and if b/c of these things a crime against her or her son does go w/out justice b/c of there being no way to determine cod or mod, then shame on Thurston county for giving up so soon! i honestly have the feeling abt this woman that regardless of her past she wanted a bright and happy future for herself and her son and was really trying hard to make that happen.

I remember LE doing the sonar searches in the water around the area of the van. Does anyone know if they did the same in the area where all those items (of differing weights, sizes and buoyancy) all magically appeared on the beach at the same time in the same place?

I do.

Because too damn many pieces of this case simply do not add up. There is far more to this than what we've been told, and *someone* out there knows what really happened that night.

right on; i feel the same way

true so so true. and if b/c of these things a crime against her or her son does go w/out justice b/c of there being no way to determine cod or mod, then shame on Thurston county for giving up so soon! i honestly have the feeling abt this woman that regardless of her past she wanted a bright and happy future for herself and her son and was really trying hard to make that happen.

LE said the case was "suspicious". What made them change their minds (if they did)?

Sleuthers, don't blame or question yourselves about why you want closure. It isn't that anyone wants there to have been foul play. It is that nice people don't want a crime to have been committed and go unnoticed.

I guess that is a sleuther's worst nightmare, that and the terrible fear that sleuthing services will be needed on and on, as crimes continue to happen. Wouldn't it be great if armchair sleuthing was something unneeded? But no, the criminals seem to be more and more and meaner and meaner.

And it is the nature of kindly people to wish for something tragic to be "redeemed" by having some sort of silver-lining, so lives lost are not "in vain."
Thanks for this, much appreciated!!

Thanks, I feel this way, too. :coffeecup:

LE said the case was "suspicious". What made them change their minds (if they did)?
I always felt they went from seeing this as "suspicious" to "case dismissed" due to *wine, *DUI, *CPS reports, *little Az 's body----It's as though they recoiled in anger at SS, and no longer cared......Not my place to say what is in LE's mind, just seemed that way to me, in public and media. . .

I always felt they went from seeing this as "suspicious" to "case dismissed" due to *wine, *DUI, *CPS reports, *little Az 's body----It's as though they recoiled in anger at SS, and no longer cared......Not my place to say what is in LE's mind, just seemed that way to me, in public and media. . .

i was thinking that they would have changed their mind after Az body was found due to the fact that they put of searching and started to follow up on leads. what lead could they have if they had figured out what happened imho

when did they say that? am interested

Mealy cautioned that investigators aren’t assuming that Smiley and Carver drowned. He said the disappearances are “very suspicious,” but they aren’t ruling out any possibilities, including that she and her son left the area on foot, or that Smiley left the area safely with her son and does not want to be found.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/03/17/1174911/no-new-clues-in-missing-pair.html#ixzz0jh3FTfPQ

The Sheriff's Office is treating the case as suspicious, but detectives have very little information to go on
Source: katu.com
http://www.katu.com/news/local/87628727.html

"Police Say Missing Mom and Son Case 'Suspicious'" http://www.comcast.net/video/-washin...e-/1442928259/

One thing that RS said made me go hmmmm was when he said we looked for her along the highway and stopped at the rest stops on the way back. He even said it on a interview with Shep on Fox. If we are lost we just stay along on the highway. Really if I was lost I would pull off and ask directions at a gas station or the Fire Dept. Well then he didn't even go into town looking for her??? She did tell him she was stopping off because of the traffic and get something to eat. I wonder if he looked at her debit/credit transactions to see exactly where she was and at what time?

One phone call from the family or whoever could change the outcome and reopened it and steer them in another direction if thats the case.

:truce:Darnit SMK you beat me to it:dance:

One thing that RS said made me go hmmmm was when he said we looked for her along the highway and stopped at the rest stops on the way back. He even said it on a interview with Shep on Fox. If we are lost we just stay along on the highway. Really if I was lost I would pull off and ask directions at a gas station or the Fire Dept. Well then he didn't even go into town looking for her??? She did tell him she was stopping off because of the traffic and get something to eat. I wonder if he looked at her debit/credit transactions to see exactly where she was and at what time?

One phone call from the family or whoever could change the outcome and reopened it and steer them in another direction if thats the case.

I'd really like to hear step-father's (and family's) take on all this... and why his family wasn't notified of Azriel's memorial.

I'd really like to hear step-father's (and family's) take on all this... and why his family wasn't notified of Azriel's memorial.

Thats what got me thinking.Call...We shall see.

I have a major flood in my backyard from all the rain. The crew just came with 3 truck loads of sand.. I might be on and off here...

I have a major flood in my backyard from all the rain. The crew just came with 3 truck loads of sand.. I might be on and off here...
Take care with that, and good luck!

It's possible that SS was bipolar. Her mom did commit suicide and it is hereditary. The majority of people who commit suicide have a mental illness (I know not all, but I'm using this as an example for the theory for SS).

Perhaps all of the stress of recent events triggered a manic episode, which triggered the relapse.

It would explain the bizarre behavior, contacting people from her past, how happy she seemed at the convenience store and stopping at the Williams, etc.

Just a thought...

It's possible that the visit to the stepfather might have triggered the memory of her Mother's suicide.....and caused all the stress, the desire to drink. But I don't think she would have knocked on the door at 10 pm if she were planning that......It's all very perplexing.....I think it is possible that she was in some way bi-polar, but something is still not adding up.......I do see why you could think that, for sure, though...

Good heavens! Be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member