VA VA - Samantha Clarke, 19, Orange, 13 Sept 2010

Do you all remember the Taylor Behl case Well I had just moved here in Gloucester, my husband and I went up to the Wal Mart to get a cheap BB grill until the packers came with our stuff. Anyway, I have this habit of reading personal license plates while walking in a parking lot or driving. I just do, well I saw this one car and I had to stop to read it because what I thought it said was "Greenpeace" and I rolled my eyes thinking there is a fringe idiot, but it made me stop and read it, then when I came out I looked at it again and it didn't say greenpeace but GRN ERTH. I remembered it clearly. Then about 14 days later I hear about her missing and cops are looking for that license. I called the cops to report I saw a car in the wal mart parking lot but I wasn't sure on the day now but I told them it was between the 30th and 5th but I was sure it was that car. Well Wal Mart didn't have their CAMERA'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later they found Taylor Behl about 15 miles from me.

After this it made me to really pay attention more to my surroundings because you never KNOW!

Lera, absolutely! If I get a creepy feeling or something about a car, I mentally note the license plate or snap a picture with my phone (if I'm not driving). I think more people should do that...and VA has one of the highest rates of personalized plates, which does help with memory aid.

I suspect they are talking to her group of friends. Her myspace was my source of information for that. I hope they are also looking into other possibilites as well.

Snipped by me for length .

The person that wrote about the detectives visiting...hm. Lots of anger there, but I don't sense he did anything wrong...just annoyed. Interesting that he would post on her page about it, though.

I would not know about freight stops but I dont think they they have a public train service. I just cant believe she hasnt been located yet.

I dont believe Samantha took off for a new life at this point. The LE press releases stated they had searched in places that were brought to their attention no mention of how or who bought them to attention.
Was She hinting at being pregnant on her My space?

I don't believe she is off on an "adventure" either...I surely wish I felt that way. If she had that kidney stone on August 27th, I don't think it would be impacting anything now...unless there was more to it than that. I know everyone is different, but as soon as I passed mine, the pain was gone. I can't imagine them giving her super duper painkillers to go home with...maybe in the ER until she passed it, but that's just a guess. She's young and docs don't like to hand that out to kids her age (usually) - especially at an ER.

As far as the being pregnant, I see the comment you're talking about...and that seems very likely by her post, but....if she was in the ER on August 27th, I'm pretty sure they would have given her a pregnancy test before doing imaging of the kidney stone....so I'm confused as to how she wouldn't know if she posted that thought on Aug. 28th.

Hmm. Come home Samantha!!!!!!

The person that wrote about the detectives visiting...hm. Lots of anger there, but I don't sense he did anything wrong...just annoyed. Interesting that he would post on her page about it, though.

I don't believe she is off on an "adventure" either...I surely wish I felt that way. If she had that kidney stone on August 27th, I don't think it would be impacting anything now...unless there was more to it than that. I know everyone is different, but as soon as I passed mine, the pain was gone. I can't imagine them giving her super duper painkillers to go home with...maybe in the ER until she passed it, but that's just a guess. She's young and docs don't like to hand that out to kids her age (usually) - especially at an ER.

As far as the being pregnant, I see the comment you're talking about...and that seems very likely by her post, but....if she was in the ER on August 27th, I'm pretty sure they would have given her a pregnancy test before doing imaging of the kidney stone....so I'm confused as to how she wouldn't know if she posted that thought on Aug. 28th.

Hmm. Come home Samantha!!!!!!

I just wondered if she couldnt of still been hinting she might be ,not that she was or thought she was but she might of been hinting at it for some reason. Or there was another issue she was waiting on results for?

The train tracks made me wonder if she might have walked them for a short cut and something happened an accident or something. I dont think she jumped a train either. I do wonder if she may have harmed herself because of the post she was making. The LE offices seem to have different idea which makes me believe they may have a few unresolved clues or leads but cannot say what those are. So it makes me lean towards no self harm because of those reasons.

Bumping for Samantha...can't find any new articles or anything about her =( C'mon reporters...cover her!!!! =(

I was in the twon of Orange last week and there were not any posters posted anywhere I went. I walked along some store fronts on my way from the muesum to the Courthouse and I did not see one poster. The lack of one on the Courthuse notice board was disheartening.

Wondering why her family/friends aren't putting posters up. Not to judge or anything - just wondering. =(

What is more sad is that the police and her family approached several stores in town to put up her poster and the stores wouldn't do it. The police are putting out press releases almost daily and the press won't keep running the story.

No news? The lack of attention to this is disheartening. I hope she is found safe...like NOW!

What is more sad is that the police and her family approached several stores in town to put up her poster and the stores wouldn't do it. The police are putting out press releases almost daily and the press won't keep running the story.

That's really sad.

The police keep running the same press release over and over.

I also dont believe the family has contacted any missing person advocates to help inspire positive action on the media press part. Like a human interest peice.

I know people are interested she has 500 people on her facebook page. That would be alot higher if the family was more active on it but I understand why they are not.
If the appointed a facebook addict to man the facebook it might work out better for them.
Also if they told stories about Samantha and talked about her interest and hopes for the future on her facebook it would encourge a public stir. They need to personalize her with the public. IMO

If you listen to the rumors swirling around town about this poor girl and her family, it's a small wonder the police aren't releasing a whole lot of info, especially if they are true. Supposedly the family is fighting with each other over it now because extended family is blaming mom over stuff, and other family members are trying to run their own investigation and are screwing things up for the cops. Regardless of what information can or can't be released, if the police are putting something out there, the media should be picking up on it. If the police started releasing all sorts of sordid details about her life and activities, sure, the media would pick up on it and then everyone would start bashing the police for doing that to Samantha. So I'm sure their lack of details in the press releases is for a good reason. I know a lot of cops and deputies in Orange and they are busting their tails on this. But they are pretty tight lipped on it, so there must be something to the rumors. Sad.

"Clarke search continues"

http://www2.orangenews.com/news/news-section-front/2010/nov/03/clarke-search-continues-ar-628831/

"Clarke's family has been canvassing the area with flyers of Samantha's picture and police and family contact numbers...The lack of community interest in the case troubles Tinder, who believes area residents have stopped caring about her daughter. She said she would like to see more media involvement in raising awareness, especially from television news channels."

Ms. Tinder, WE care. Hoping and praying Samantha comes home.

ETA: My heart just aches for her and everyone who cares about Samantha...no one should feel as though people don't care. =(

I'm so disgusted with VA LE. From the cases I've seen here recently it seems that LE believes that people just walk away from their lives and LE never suspects until weeks and months later that somehow foul play must be involved. WTG, LE...let evidence deteriorate and suspects cover up things, and memories (of others, who might be of some help) become fuzzy.

MB ,

There was an article printed in our local paper once about my local LE getting a tip about two skulls at a Mining company. The guy had to take a picture of the skulls before they would go look . They go look and the skulls had been moved . The LE office issueed a statement that when the ground dryed out some they would go look again. Nothing else since. From the photos the skulls apeared to be human.
Meanwhile there were two missing people a man and his wife that have been missing since the 90's. I might call the local paper about getting that article today.

I just dont understand.

http://fredericksburg.com//News/FLS/2008/032008/03132008/363019

Has anyone given any thought to the fact that LE might actually have a suspect or group of suspects in this case? Again, if you listen to the rumor mill swirling around Orange, neither Samantha nor her mother were exactly saints. BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER! What matters is that she is missing. I'm sure we would all love to know every juicy detail and the name of every person involved, but maybe, just maybe, there's a reason why none of that is being released. The question that needs to be asked is why the media isn't picking up on it. The police are putting almost daily releases out. So why hasn't the media asked more about it? There are at least 4 LE agencies either directly or indirectly working on this case. Gee, if there was nothing to go on, why would that be the case???

Has anyone given any thought to the fact that LE might actually have a suspect or group of suspects in this case? Again, if you listen to the rumor mill swirling around Orange, neither Samantha nor her mother were exactly saints. BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER! What matters is that she is missing. I'm sure we would all love to know every juicy detail and the name of every person involved, but maybe, just maybe, there's a reason why none of that is being released. The question that needs to be asked is why the media isn't picking up on it. The police are putting almost daily releases out. So why hasn't the media asked more about it? There are at least 4 LE agencies either directly or indirectly working on this case. Gee, if there was nothing to go on, why would that be the case???

Reaperfearer,

I share your sentiment that none of Samantha's activities matter - what matters is that she is missing. I can only speak for myself, but from what HAS been released, LE certainly is working on this case. We're just trying to sift through any information available that may help. Media exposure is something that most of us push for in all cases.

I hear your frustration - and we're all frustrated - there have been many, many cases in VA that have been hard to swallow. What I'm (we're) here to do is to seek that information, to generate interest - in short, to help. If LE asked that we not include certain things, we wouldn't, and they do have the link to this thread - I emailed it myself.

I appreciate and respect your passion. We're all just trying to help.
:blowkiss:

TL

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member