2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

Yes it sure was, instead they filed a late additional witness list for the penalty phase and none for TES that we know of!

Page 3 here: http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/Casey-Anthony-Motion-1203.pdf

I also was watching the date slide by for the defense to submit their list of TES witnesses. I didn't want to mention it earlier to help them remember.

It said on page 4 that the defense had to provide the State a list of the TES witnesses by December 31, 2010 so that depositions can be completed by March 30, 2011.

Does that automatically mean that the Court Clerk will get a copy or can JB just slip by using email only to the State?

MS. Belich is very well prepared and knows what she's doing. Very straight forward and very "common sense" oriented. I loved the hint of OJ in there with finding the "real killer". Baez' sexist remarks don't even bother her.
I like the line when he states how he's going "to educate you folks" (the press!).

I also was watching the date slide by for the defense to submit their list of TES witnesses. I didn't want to mention it earlier to help them remember.

It said on page 4 that the defense had to provide the State a list of the TES witnesses by December 31, 2010 so that depositions can be completed by March 30, 2011.

Does that automatically mean that the Court Clerk will get a copy or can JB just slip by using email only to the State?

BBM I think His Honor Judge Perry made it very clear at hearing regarding the defenses expert witness list that he expects ALL lists to be in the form of a file pleading (I think that was the term he used). When JA mentioned that JB had sent him his expert witness list by email, the look HHJP gave the defense table was priceless. While I hope JB would not be fool enough to do something like that again, I have long ago given up saying 'he couldn't possibly.....' Every time I even think it, he turns around does just what I can't believe he would do!

Yes, you would have an expectation that you could communicate privately with your client and co-counsel, although you would also assume you'd have to push the "mute" button on the microphone, whisper, conceal your papers, etc.

I think it's reasonable to ask for no telephoto lenses. I think it's silly to ask for the microphones to be removed as those are making an official court record of the proceedings. They must have mute buttons.

Thanks. That helps a lot, and is about what I expected. Basically you seem to confirm that some common sense should be and probably is in effect.

This really makes me nervous, because in reading in his article he states that if he is able to "sneak" in his camera, next time he will take a picture of the courtroom.

Welcome here!!! Much the same way one might fold a piece of paper and put it under the wabbling leg on a diner table for stability, all the defense has to do is lay something heavy on the mute button and leave it there. Cheney Mason walked in there , BMOC ( Big Man in the Courtroom ) to let his presence be known, he was there to save the day, and show Jose how to command control over a case. The level of hubris he had in telling the judge, "I bet you'll trust me!", was unmitigated gall, as my Gram used to say.

The thing is, while he was so busy trying to be the bully, to Kathi, of all people, his next hearing, when Jose did not attend, he was on the courthouse steps with reporters and spoke out of turn. I think you'll recall, it was priceless. He managed to set the defense back two years in their assertion that the body was put there after Casey was jailed, the area had been searched, several times, and nothing was there before. He said the opposite, we have now learned that they couldn't have, they are confusing two time periods, because we have now learned in depositions that no one could have done a thorough search, it was..impasable, due to water!!!! I laughed so hard everyone in the office thought I was having happy hour. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL43U7kAIIE[/ame]
His demeanor sure changed by this appearance. http://www.wftv.com/video/23056801/index.html Who is this quiet man at the table, and what the hell has he done with Mr. Mason?

Yes, you would have an expectation that you could communicate privately with your client and co-counsel, although you would also assume you'd have to push the "mute" button on the microphone, whisper, conceal your papers, etc.

I think it's reasonable to ask for no telephoto lenses. I think it's silly to ask for the microphones to be removed as those are making an official court record of the proceedings. They must have mute buttons.

My problem with no microphones at the defense table has nothing to do with eaves-dropping on the defenses conversations, it has to do with Jose and Mason, disrespectfully, speaking from the defense table ... sometimes not even standing up first !!

remember this little gem?
"Then all the talking, all the press interviews and the parents going on this show and that show and the lawyer going on different shows establishes they have no credibility whatsoever," Mason said

If the case plays out how many think, the experts agree on what will likely happen.

"You can pretty well predict there's going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life," Mason said.

Well, there is no longer two options sir, a circus trial it is and you are lead attorney, the ringmaster of it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYmcUdzqIE[/ame]
Casey better pray he comes up with something better than it just isn't fair, she is unpopular and that is why she is overcharged. Good grief!!:floorlaugh::great:
We find ourselves in a muck, in a muck of justice he explained.

You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!

Wonder if the clerk keeps the fax machine on even though the office is closed.

Sounds like a potential fire hazard to me. I hope they took all that flammable paper out of it, too.

there are times they have the "rear view mirror"----computer screen that they look at so much

Breaking News tonight - BOMBSHELL. JB requisition for court room materials has come in and now he wants a redo.

mirror.jpg

This is me going back to behaving now! :innocent:

Welcome here!!! Much the same way one might fold a piece of paper and put it under the wabbling leg on a diner table for stability, all the defense has to do is lay something heavy on the mute button and leave it there. Cheney Mason walked in there , BMOC ( Big Man in the Courtroom ) to let his presence be known, he was there to save the day, and show Jose how to command control over a case. The level of hubris he had in telling the judge, "I bet you'll trust me!", was unmitigated gall, as my Gram used to say.

Or they could just use DUCT TAPE -- I am just sayin'

It is fine if the statements she made to mom and pop during jail visits and even to the jailmates do not come into trial. That does not concern me at all. I wouldn't muddy the water with the jailmates, I'd sooner call Tracey to the stand to detail Casey had mentioned chloroform, and I doubt very seriously they will call even her.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpyvbYdIF8g[/ame]

I know this is O/T & I apologize in advance & if the mods need to move it elsewhere, I understand. I just wanted to take the time to thank each & every one of you for the love you have showed for this baby. I also want to thank each of you for the support you have shown in my similar situation. Never have I seen such dedication, especially the Mods. I got reprimanded one time by Kimster but she handled it in such a kind & gentle manner that it didn't even feel like a reprimand. :) I hastily went back & read the TOS via her recommendations. You guys go above & beyond the call of duty & there are several here that certainly missed their calling, so once again, thank you for making this the best forum on the internet! :) Thank you again & Thank you Mods for being such gentle & caring souls & knowing how to handle each problem as it arises. You guys definitely rock :)

Or they could just use DUCT TAPE -- I am just sayin'

OMG, I spit my juice all over my file! Duct tape to hold the mute button down....that was priceless. Jose just may think doing something like that illustrates how truly common duct tape is, he carries some in his brief case, in the spirit of McGyver for any unforseen would be emergencies.:floorlaugh:

The odd, truly odd thing to me is that after 39 years of practicing law, Mason still doesn't get the idea that the client will be treated as any other prisoner, and he too will be treated as any other lawyer. If defense lawyers sit at that table and use the mute button, five different cases ( at least ) being heard a day, five days a week, and they manage....why on earth would the court have to switch it out for his highness. It is a level of arrogance that is tough to measure.

Until the judge walks in the courtroom, one has the option of standing to the side and talking to your fellow lawyers. One doesn't sit down in front of a hot mic, disparage others and then whine that the mic was on. That is disingenuous at best. The obvious solution if you fear the entire courtroom is live and hot, is to do what business folks do all the time, get up an hour earlier, meet for coffee, go over everything, THEN go on to the meeting where others will be. Sometimes I do that, be AT breakfast at seven am just to be sure everyone is on the same page, once you get somewhere then the greetings etc are just that, and nothing you would regret being overheard is even coming out of your mouth. One does not work in any profession for 39 years and not understand the talk you are given as a toddler about your church voice or library voice, a time and place for silence. Come on.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnkhUbRbwBU[/ame]

Richard Hornsby and Bill Sheaffer agree on one thing in this matter.....you can chalk all of this up to one simple thing. Ego. Coming from the man who told a reporter she is too stupid...it is beyond obvious he sees himself as worlds apart from others. Any man that would speak to a woman like that, I do not like, trust or respect. I'll be interested to see how he condescends to the jury and how they react to that. These hardworking, taxpayers on the jury who will be removed from their homes and families for months on end may be wholly offended by him and that hurts one person, his client. The same goes for Jose.

Unlike the way she was very adamant to point out she had joined the team for the very limited role for if, as and when we get to the penalty stage, Ann Finnell started signing these recent motions. Much like the way she chimbed in , in open court, with a suggestion of how and where Cheney could get depos transcribed, I think she has become aware how far off in the ditch this defense team really is, and she was compelled to try to start helping them. They need all the help they can get. Many of these motions are simply recycled Andrea motions from earlier. The truth of the matter is until Andrea joined the team, Baez was not filing motions, or doing depos, or anything much that I could see. Even with Andrea's years of experience, the motions were cut and pasted , and often times whole sentences referred to other cases, etc.

Don't they proofread at all? I wouldn't have even dared to hand in a essay with cut and pasted information on it, in high school.

It is sad, tired and pitiful, that after two years of the defense motions,
the State mopping the floor with them,
always wrong on the facts, wrong on the law,
procedurally and substantively incorrect,
replete with errors from top to bottom,
insufficient as a matter of law,
filled with opinion,
not specific
often cases they site actually working against their arguments....
so bad that the State often has to say IF they want to come back, later, and prepare a proper pleading, of course judge give them another shot, but this document , you should not even entertain and we request that you strike it
(paraphrasing).

They just never learn. Never mind protracted meetings with Jeremy Lyon, they need to hire some solid paralegals who know how to prepare legal documents and research case law for them. Maybe Mrs. Finnell was appauled at the work on this case she is reviewing and decided to, for her own sake, at least align the margins on the boys typewriters ( figuratively).

They had Andrea Lyon and Linda Kenney Baden.It is going to take more than Mrs. Finnell. It is going to take a miracle and I trust the jury will not have just fallen off the turnip truck on the drive in to Orange County.
The judge is going to make very short order of these motions. When he walks in and takes the bench, he will already have his case law he is planning on quoting while ruling right there in piles on his desk. I trust that. If Baez and Mason think just by sheer number they will overwhelm and confuse the State and this Judge, that is just another in a long line of misguided ideas they have had.
"You might want to get you some lunch", Judge Perry warned them once, while explaining he can and will order them to his courtroom for after hours, even nights and weekends if need be. Looking forward to it.

Happy New year Judge Strickland.:seeya:
Someone local.... fax over to Baez some lunch menus for places near the courthouse for me, please. It is the least a taxpayer can do, eh?

What I mean to say, in a simplified version, is if the mute button is a source of concern and confusion for Mason, what in the world will he do when the judge requires him to utilize the new high tech system of video conferencing he just had installed in the courtroom? Will Baez argue the defense is "Beyond the age of technology"?
Do you remember that little gem? He literally told the judge that these world reknown experts were unable to figure out how to operate the same system that the medical examiner's office uses. Times like that , remove all doubt for me about him.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/68158671/Casey-Anthony-FL-Prosecution-fires-back-Dec-30-2010

Another fine prosecutor who will make sure Caylee gets her justice. These motions (expertly written) are well over due with a reprimand to top it all.

I do believe Baez is defeated even before he begins. He has not cooth, no class, no respect, no ethics and has nothing to fight for his clients innocence (she is far from innocent) how does he not see this? Is he enamored with her? If it's the latter, he should step down just on that alone. She has gotten a fair pre trial so far, most was ruled in her favor to give her no appeals reasons. We've heard upteen times, death is different, Caylee should know.

This is the reason defense attorneys get such a bad name and are hated. They care not about the evidence, they care nothing for the victim (even as this victim was only 2.10 months old) this is all a game and winning is the prize. I can't for the life of me understand why Baez did not accept those limited deals set up for his client. Oh, yeah, that's right, the duct tape over Caylee's airways would have voided any immunity and ICA knew what she's done...Just as momma Anthony stated, "Casey what have you done"! So much will come back to haunt this coldhearted, souless prisoner....

I just can't wait for this trial to begin knowing the golden ring is Caylee's justice.

Baez' ego is larger than himself. I do hope he will be slapped down in such a broad style that his neck tilt will get stuck on one side...That I'd pay to see...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I haven't seen that motion, TWA...I don't think they will file it, for their drop dead date passed...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Will Baez be doing the cross examinations when it goes to trial? If so, OMG, can you say "Approach the Bench and Objection" a million times. Holy cow talk about one drinking game on words! Better buy a couple hundred cases, folks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back