2011.02.21: Elisa Baker indicted for 2nd degree murder!!

Not necessarily. The date of the 24th is in conflict with someone who stated that they saw both Zahra and EB on the 25th and is also in conflict with what ever date AB gave them. God knows if any other people had seen Zahra after the 24th.

He can't leave the US without LE's say so and they'd have to hand back his passport first.

I find it amusing how LE don't believe EB, yet have used that particular date that was given by her even though it was also used by her to accuse AB.

imo

It's not her word they are using. It's the cell phone pings they are using and the fact they found remains where the cell phone was pinging. They compared those pings to what she was telling them and what they found in those places. I know he can't leave until LE gives back his passport. LE have said that there is no evidence to support anyone else being involved, so my point is his lawyer should be getting those charges disposed of, in my opinion, with plea deals so he can get his passport back and sent back to Australia. I would guess LE understand he is probably anxious to get back to Australia.

IIRC, LE has had all the passports from early on in this case long before Adam went to the airport to pick up his mother and brother.

Also, IMO, I feel that Adam and his mother are only "out of town" more so then "out of state" as Adam is out on bail. I would think he would have to remain within the county, but not 100% sure of that one!

Samiya, where did you read that Adam was arrested at the airport and had his passport confiscated there? I never read anywhere he was arrested at an airport. Can you provide a link to this as I'd be interested to read this.

AB was arrested just before 6 am on Oct. 25 at Charlotte Douglas International Airport on charges not related to Zahra's dissapearance. He was there to pick up family.

http://www.shelbystar.com/articles/baker-50884-zahra-father.html

His passport was not confiscated, per say, it was taken into evidence because it was located in the tahoe, along with cadaver scent and blood evidence.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=460807

AB was arrested just before 6 am on Oct. 25 at Charlotte Douglas International Airport on charges not related to Zahra's dissapearance. He was there to pick up family.

His passport was not confiscated, per say, it was taken into evidence because it was located in the tahoe, along with cadaver scent and blood evidence.

Pretty strange keeping your passport in your car. You'd expect him to keep it in a safe or somewhere filed away. Why would he have it in the car? (that's a rhetorical question – I'm not asking for an answer as I'm sure you debated that well before I discovered this forum).

Bizarre after bizarre after bizarre.

There were variations of the story of Adam being arrested at the airport.

IIRC, he went to the police station after getting his mother and brother and turned himself in, of which, at that point was arrested, charged, in jail and then bonded out. I believe AY also stated this when he was posting. I know that AY posted on one of my videos that he took Adam to the airport and Adam was NOT arrested at the airport.

I thought the flight came in before midnight only because IIRC, the only flights into the airport between midnight and ~5:00 AM were "freight" flights.

Pretty strange keeping your passport in your car. You'd expect him to keep it in a safe or somewhere filed away. Why would he have it in the car? (that's a rhetorical question – I'm not asking for an answer as I'm sure you debated that well before I discovered this forum).

Bizarre after bizarre after bizarre.

Even stranger, there were 3 passports retrieved from the vehicle. Along with pillows.

And yes...we've been over and over this point. Don't think we ever landed on one explanation we all could agree on. :banghead:

ETA: I haven't thought about this aspect of the case for quite some time. Now that we know more, I might need to revisit that discussion.

IIRC, LE has had all the passports from early on in this case long before Adam went to the airport to pick up his mother and brother.

Also, IMO, I feel that Adam and his mother are only "out of town" more so then "out of state" as Adam is out on bail. I would think he would have to remain within the county, but not 100% sure of that one!

He can probably go to another county but remain within the state. MOO

Even stranger, there were 3 passports retrieved from the vehicle. Along with pillows.

And yes...we've been over and over this point. Don't think we ever landed on one explanation we all could agree on. :banghead:

ETA: I haven't thought about this aspect of the case for quite some time. Now that we know more, I might need to revisit that discussion.

This had me confussed at the beginning also. I think the press got it wrong. I don't think all those items were taken out of either car. I think they were taken out of the cars and house.

If you look closely at page 6 of the warrant it states: Person, Premises, or Vehicles searched. Then you will find these words written in:

21 21st Ave NW Hickory / 96 Chevy Tahoe nc 2VS-i645
90 Toyota Camry ZNN-5261 / 05 Chevy Impala ZVR-2274

I think some of the items were taken out of the house. They noted above 4 places they searched. They did not say where they obtained each item.

I might be wrong on this, but that is the way I am reading it.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=460807 (search warrant pdf)

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13317074 (article)

This had me confussed at the beginning also. I think the press got it wrong. I don't think all those items were taken out of either car. I think they were taken out of the cars and house.

If you look closely at page 6 of the warrant it states: Person, Premises, or Vehicles searched. Then you will find these words written in:

21 21st Ave NW Hickory / 96 Chevy Tahoe nc 2VS-i645
90 Toyota Camry ZNN-5261 / 05 Chevy Impala ZVR-2274

I think some of the items were taken out of the house. They noted above 4 places they searched. They did not say where they obtained each item.

I might be wrong on this, but that is the way I am reading it.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=460807 (search warrant pdf)

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13317074 (article)

I believe the address on page 6 is given to establish where the vehicles searched were located. If you look at page 1 and page 3 of the search warrant, it clearly lists only the Tahoe and Camry. No mention of the house or the Impala with respect to any evidence retrieved.

And this seems to bear that out:

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13317074

The vehicles were taken to the Hickory Police Department where agents with the North Carolina SBI and FBI assisted police officers in gathering evidence.

According to the search warrant, the items removed from the Chevrolet Tahoe and Toyota Camry include: Duke Power bill, numerous papers with writings and phone numbers, assorted receipts, (3) passports with paperwork, (2) toothbrushes, hair brush, assorted ink pens, (2) lighters, (2) pillows, sheet, comforter, (3) gas cans, (4) burnt samples from Tahoe and brush pile, pink jacket, plastic bowl with green vegg. matter, assorted drug paraphernalia, Chinese take-out menu, 1990 Burgundy Toyota Camry, latent lift, photos, and Chevy Tahoe.

But this is just MY reading of the SW. I could be wrong too. Confusing, for sure.

I believe the address on page 6 is given to establish where the vehicles searched were located. If you look at page 1 and page 3 of the search warrant, it clearly lists only the Tahoe and Camry were searched.

And this seems to bear that out:

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13317074

The vehicles were taken to the Hickory Police Department where agents with the North Carolina SBI and FBI assisted police officers in gathering evidence.

According to the search warrant, the items removed from the Chevrolet Tahoe and Toyota Camry include: Duke Power bill, numerous papers with writings and phone numbers, assorted receipts, (3) passports with paperwork, (2) toothbrushes, hair brush, assorted ink pens, (2) lighters, (2) pillows, sheet, comforter, (3) gas cans, (4) burnt samples from Tahoe and brush pile, pink jacket, plastic bowl with green vegg. matter, assorted drug paraphernalia, Chinese take-out menu, 1990 Burgundy Toyota Camry, latent lift, photos, and Chevy Tahoe.

Hey Kat, I just re-read this again, gee! I didn't catch this until now...did you notice on page 7 where it reads:

#2. As no person was present, I left a copy of this inventory
X a. in the premises searched, identified on the reverse

Then on page 9 when LE is talking about pix & swabs of the cars, they have written

X b. in the vehicles searched, identified on the reverse

I am still thinking some of the items came out of the house. My ten years of experience with media, especially TV, is they do not get all their facts correct. For tv, it is usually a rush job putting a clip together in time for the news. Please do no think I am arguing this point...I still might be wrong.

Hey Kat, I just re-read this again, gee! I didn't catch this until now...did you notice on page 7 where it reads:

X a. in the premises searched, identified on the reverse

Then on page 9 when LE is talking about pix & swabs of the cars, they have written

X b. in the vehicles searched, identified on the reverse

I am still thinking some of the items came out of the house. My ten years of experience with media, especially TV, is they do not get all their facts correct. For tv, it is usually a rush job putting a clip together in time for the news. Please do no think I am arguing this point...I still might be wrong.

I think "premises" simply refers to the property itself. The way I read this is that the vehicles were searched, items were taken into evidence, and as no one was home, the inventory of items taken were left inside the vehicles searched.

If there had been a search of the house, why would the inventory list have been left inside a vehicle?

JMO

(Sorry mods, I know we've wandered off topic. I'll reign myself in.)

Thanks heaps MK :)

I tried to get back in earlier but am on a case, so have to get in when I can.

Sami

It's not her word they are using. It's the cell phone pings they are using and the fact they found remains where the cell phone was pinging. They compared those pings to what she was telling them and what they found in those places. I know he can't leave until LE gives back his passport. LE have said that there is no evidence to support anyone else being involved, so my point is his lawyer should be getting those charges disposed of, in my opinion, with plea deals so he can get his passport back and sent back to Australia. I would guess LE understand he is probably anxious to get back to Australia.

Hi VJ,

I am unaware of an actual date for the pings, so if you know where I can find a date, please post it for me. I've probably missed it somewhere along the lines as I am on another case entirely.

Thanks in advance and appreciation :)

Sami

Hi VJ,

I am unaware of an actual date for the pings, so if you know where I can find a date, please post it for me. I've probably missed it somewhere along the lines as I am on another case entirely.

Thanks in advance and appreciation :)

Sami

I think it is in one of the warrants. LE said EB's cell phone pinged at the sites but AB's did not. I think it was discussed on a thread too, because I believe someone mentioned that even tho her cell phone pinged, AB could have been with her. It is late here and will have to go through the warrants to find the one that included the cell phone ping info.

See below:
24th November 2010
Application/Affidavit
In the matter of Charter Communications
10. On November 19, 2010, Elisa Baker was interviewed at the Hickory Police Department. During the interview, Elisa Baker stated that Zahra Baker died on September 24th, 2010, and was disposed of on the following day. Elisa Baker stated that Adam Baker dismembered Zahra Baker's limbs and they disposed of them in various locations, including but not limited to, Christie Road in Hudson and Dudley Shoals Rd/Burns Rd area. From the information provided by Elisa Baker in regards to the date of Zahra Baker's death and date of disposal of Zahra Baker's body, Adam Baker was not in the area where Zahra Baker's body was disposed of, according to Adam Baker's telephone GPS location and cell tower location of his cellular telephone. However, Elisa Baker's cellular telephone GPS location and cell tower is consistent with the date of disposal and the area of disposal that Elisa Baker pointed out to investigators.

Re: above quoted warrant, I noted the phrase "dismembered Zahra Baker's limbs and they disposed of them in various locations, including but not limited to, Christie Road in Hudson and Dudley Shoals Rd/Burns Rd area." and this had me thinking that it indicates that LE was aware that these were only some of the potential locations, and there were others for the disposal of limbs and body parts (note: this is specifically referring to limbs, not mattresses, prosthetic limbs, etc). We are not aware if EB refused to divulge the other locations OR if for some reason they were omitted deliberately from this warrant OR if she claimed to not know the other locations OR some other reason.

I wonder if she did provide other locations which simply haven't offered results when searched? Does anyone know of areas separate to those above, that were searched?

Also, I know in the Jon Benet case that transcripts of police interviews became public ... is this likely to occur in Zahra's case?

As I've stated before, I'm of the opinion that LE must have confirmed AB's phone pings and GPS for the timeframe with independent witnesses such as his employer, people he was working with, or clients he was working for, etc. There is certainly in the wording. I even wonder if he was out of town.

All this obviously only applies if the date of the 25th September is truly the date of Zahra's remains being buried.

Re: above quoted warrant, I noted the phrase "dismembered Zahra Baker's limbs and they disposed of them in various locations, including but not limited to, Christie Road in Hudson and Dudley Shoals Rd/Burns Rd area." and this had me thinking that it indicates that LE was aware that these were only some of the potential locations, and there were others for the disposal of limbs and body parts (note: this is specifically referring to limbs, not mattresses, prosthetic limbs, etc). We are not aware if EB refused to divulge the other locations OR if for some reason they were omitted deliberately from this warrant OR if she claimed to not know the other locations OR some other reason.

I wonder if she did provide other locations which simply haven't offered results when searched? Does anyone know of areas separate to those above, that were searched?

Also, I know in the Jon Benet case that transcripts of police interviews became public ... is this likely to occur in Zahra's case?

As I've stated before, I'm of the opinion that LE must have confirmed AB's phone pings and GPS for the timeframe with independent witnesses such as his employer, people he was working with, or clients he was working for, etc. There is certainly in the wording. I even wonder if he was out of town.

All this obviously only applies if the date of the 25th September is truly the date of Zahra's remains being buried.

Good morning, Regarding your question of different places they searched, LE did search another area (I think another illegal dumpsite). It was located north of Lenoir and I forgot the name of the road...anybody remember? I have previously wondered if AB's cell phone pinged at that spot on the appropriate date.

I read your question to lawyers, I am not an attorney but I do know some states in the US have a law stating it is against the law to not report a crime. I do not know if the state of North Carolina has inacted that law. That was a good question.

Am I incorrect, I thought the DA, Jay Gaither, said there was no evidence pointing to the MURDER other than by EB (not exact words)...he did not say anything about evidence regarding the dismemberment or disposal.

Areas search where no evidence or human remains were found:

Hartland Rd., Morganton

Indian Grave Rd., Lenoir

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member