TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a residential area, and out of the way for anyone going off the mountain (at least by using a road and not a cliff)... which makes me curious as to why she was over there.

It's residential enough that I'm curious as to why nobody heard anything. I know that the house across the street from where the vehicle left the road was vacant (at the time) because the family that lived there were getting a divorce, but someone should've heard something when the car went off the road because it's a populated area.

ADDED: If it were an accident, then MP would've been much better served to immediately notify LE the day she disappeared because if someone heard something, then it would've been much more likely for them to mentally connect the dots with a loud crash off the side of the mountain. Two days later, the whole thing could've slipped their mind.

I agree with this, BUT if she has actually taken off in the past for a few days to cool off it would have been reasonable for him to have assumed she would be back, especially since she brought the kids back and they were clearly incredibly important to her.

Yet apparently took her dogs since they seem to be looking for them as well.

I think that there were many eyes on those roads in the last several months, certainly in the days and weeks following the report of her disappearance. I have heard many indicate that there was no sign of an accident site.

Everyone missed it until yesterday or the day before. :(

I recall that someone saw Gail talking to someone in a pickup truck...where is that location in relation to where her Jeep was found? And ditto for the woman driving/riding in a vehicle, who said she saw Gail driving, and looking like she was asking for help...while Gail's female passenger was looking away as if trying not to be seen/recognized?

That's off the other side of the mountain, and about 30 minutes at least in the other direction... which makes body location and ID all the more important if that was really her they spotted.

I hope they dust the steering wheel for fingerprints. If there aren't any, that would be a sign that things are not quite what they may seem to be. Noone in an accident would be able to wipe the wheel. KWIM

@JonquilNewland3
Jonquil Newland
Sheriff: We're going to do a press release at 10:30. #gailpalmgren
1 minute ago

ETA: Other reporters & news stations are now confirming on Twitter about this press release at 10:30. I don't want to copy them all in lol.

Suppose she started off from home toward Taft Hwy. She gets on Taft and realizes she's being followed. She might've pulled in to Signal Plaza shopping center and circled around awhile trying to lose her tail. She stops a few minutes to think, and decides to take the backway out of the shopping center on Hampton Rd, then to E Brow and finally onto West Rd which would take her to the main highways headed out of town.
No doubt in my mind she was driving around for some period of time after she dropped off the kids. I don't think she headed straight in that direction because she talked to her sister for some time after she left the house and if she drove straight here -it was only 5 minutes away and not enough time to talk to her sister. She had to have doubled back or was driving back home or in circles- bless her heart.
She was either trying to figure out where to go and what to do or trying to lose whomever was following her-or both.

jmho of course.

I will be in business meetings most of the day. I hope to check in during breaks. My heart and prayers go out to all involved with this situation today.

Prayers to the SAR folks who will be scouring the woods in very difficult terrain today.

Chilly today. My prayers also, especially considering they have to drop the dogs down. Stay safe everyone.

Bring Gail home. :(

One the news video's stated the Palmgren's traveled that road every day. I will go and find the link to it.

Bean, is there going to be an actual press conference at 10:30 EST or is it just a printed release?

WRCBPalmgren Gail Palmgren News
Sheriff: ID found in purse near remains. #gailpalmgren
1 minute ago

WRCB WRCB
Sheriff: Remains found on Signal Mountain. 100 yrds from wreck. #gailpalmgren
2 minutes ago

WRCB Sheriff: Gail's cell phone found inside Jeep. #gailpalmgren
17 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite

WRCB Sheriff: Human remains spread out quite a bit, likely as a result of rain, water. About 100 yrds from Jeep. #gailpalmgren

WRCB Sheriff: Special forensics team being called in from Knoxville to aid in recovery. #gailpalmgren

JamesNooga James Harrison
Remains of body found 100 yards from #GailPalmgren jeep. Purse, cell phone found in car. Follow @WRCB for more details as they come.
1 minute ago

WRCB WRCB
Sheriff: Special forensics team being called in from Knoxville to aid in recovery. #gailpalmgren
1 minute ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member