GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a man who sells meat out of a truck in my parents' neighborhood. He works for some type of company, it's not "fresh" meat. It's been processed and packaged.

Although it's been several years I have also had meat salesmen come to my door. The meat is vacuum sealed. One guy had small truck with a company name on the side and a deep freeze in the bed so it looked legit. He also had a business card IIRC.

Another had the meat in a styrofoam cooler with dry ice and drove a truck with no company name or anything. Of course I didn't buy meat from either one of them.

Going fast here... Q and As...

I guess the reporter is slow........??

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-color...-missing-teacher-case-2012115,0,3843308.story
Arnold's husband, Gary Arnold, said he was grateful for the work of the FBI and police in the case and told Reuters he believes police "may know where she is."
BBM
If LE doesn't have a pretty good idea of where her body is located, it seems they would be getting pictures of BOTH men into MSM. They would be seeking video surveillance footage from building owners and accounts from people who may have seen one or both of the men, e.g., a clerk in a hardware store who remembers someone coming in to purchase a shovel.

Since MSM is not publishing a picture of the younger man, I wonder if he fled once they made a stop. If the men were traveling together, how did Spell end up in South Dakota so far from Waters? Two thoughts:

1) Spell was driving and took off in the vehicle when they made a stop. Possibly, he was shaken by what happened (either hit or run and Waters told him to keep driving, or Waters kidnapped Sherry and assaulted her).

2) Waters was driving and stopped the vehicle to assault Sherry or dispose of her body. Spell fled the scene and hitched a ride from someone passing through the area. The tip that led to the suspects may have come from the driver who offered Spell a ride and noted he was badly shaken.

Don't know whether Spell would be charged with kidnapping if he were scared for his own life and just followed Waters' instructions. But, maybe so if he had opportunity to notify authorities once he escaped, but didn't.

Just speculating here.

Were these suspects oil field workers?

I'm not impressed by the reporter who is supposed to be tweeting during this presser. She basically stopped tweeting as soon as they started the Q & A.

Also from the abc article:

"We would like to thank police, FBI, people of Sidney, the people around who have turned out to help, and the role they played in bringing Sherry back home," Arnold's husband, Gary Arnold, told ABC News. "It wasn't how we wanted her to come home, but she came home to us."

This is the qoute from a day or two ago that makes no sense to me now...anyone??

A few questions were answered, but nothing about the investigation itself. The press conference is now over. Story to come soon.

IMO, worthless!

I was just googled it, and I guess it is a legit business, but there was also a link that somewhere there was someone pretending to sell meat when they weren't.

My first thought that selling anything door to door in an area where everyone is so spread out sounds suspicious to me considering how much gas you would go through, but I don't know if people are closer together in the town.
BBM
I could see people living in remote areas paying extra money to buy meat at their door. It would save them the fuel expense of traveling miles away to buy the meat at a store. I would think they would stock up on it (possibly keep a meat freezer out in the garage) so they wouldn't need to buy it often. Likely, it is cheaper if purchased in the bulk because of the saving on fuel.

This is the qoute from a day or two ago that makes no sense to me now...anyone??

It doesn't make sense. My feeling is when LE told them she was deceased they probably assumed as most of us did that her body was found only to find out a few hours later that they had no body.

It's unfortunate how this was handled.... :(

I really hope that it wasn't that the family misunderstood something and really didn't think that she had been found.

I don't know how else to interpret that quote to mean anything other than Sherry's body was recovered so that means that the quote was made up or embellished.

That's all I can think of unless you go with the theory that there is a lot more going on here than the very little we know about.

Exactly. This has been an extremely confusing case. Hopefully, her family is being given more accurate information. This has to be hard enough on them as it is. Let alone all this backwards talk about her maybe being alive, which I doubt.

Kelly

P.S. I would send you the Welcome Wagon thingie, but I don't know how! Welcome anyway.... :)

I will send the Welcome Wagon thingie from all of us!

:welcome::welcome4::welcome::welcome4::welcome:

FWIW, I found a trucking company out of Colorado that does business regularly in ND and for oil-related things. That might be the Colorado connection.

Although it's been several years I have also had meat salesmen come to my door. The meat is vacuum sealed. One guy had small truck with a company name on the side and a deep freeze in the bed so it looked legit. He also had a business card IIRC.

Another had the meat in a styrofoam cooler with dry ice and drove a truck with no company name or anything. Of course I didn't buy meat from either one of them.

Sounds like the stuff from Omaha Steaks my boyfriend's uncle sends us every Christmas.

Hard to believe Waters could get a job as a traveling salesman with a legit company considering his driving record.

Has the mugshot of the 22 yr old been released? spell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member