Wallenda Attempts Walk Across Niagara Falls on tightrope. Friday 6/15/2012

I'm going to...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The hosts are talking to him now.

He says it's an unbelievable view. He's excited to be the only person in the world who has ever been there or will ever be there.

I can't even stand on a ladder to change a light bulb. I don't WANT that view!

You can finally kind of see him on the webcams. Little dots. If any of you are watching them too.

He's almost at the bottom of the rope loop on the rope and will have to start uphill soon.

He just said he's unhappy about the weather pendulum. Other than that he said he's okay with everything else. No complaints on the harness so far.

They said it's a tradition for him to stop in the middle and call his wife. They are wondering if he'll do that this time.

13 minutes in, I think I'm seeing the technique--right foot placed on wire so that wire runs between ball of foot and arch, and left foot placed to grip with big toe.

Off to string a clothesline across the bathtub and practice.... :crazy:

He's starting the uphill climb and supposedly it's a Wallenda tradition to call his family from a cell phone once he gets to the middle of the rope.

13 minutes in, I think I'm seeing the technique--right foot placed on wire so that wire runs between ball of foot and arch, and left foot placed to grip with big toe.

Off to string a clothesline across the bathtub and practice.... :crazy:

ECS is on duty tonight.

He's starting the uphill climb and supposedly it's a Wallenda tradition to call his family from a cell phone once he gets to the middle of the rope.

I doubt he'd be able to hear anything up there. The Falls are SO loud standing right next to them. I can't imagine being on top of them.

The announcer said he must feel like a jack off uh jackass wearing that harness. :giggle:

He just crossed the border into Canadian airspace. Ahhhhh! He is actually traveling with his passport. :laughcry:

They're talking to him again.

I have to say I'm really impressed with how focused he is.He's looking straight ahead, completely confident.

He just crossed the border into Canadian airspace. Ahhhhh! He is actually traveling with his passport. :laughcry:

They're talking to him again.

Talking to him? Are they *trying* to make him fall?!

I am totally obsessed with his boots. What are they made of?

Also, while I'm glad he seems to be making a fine run of it, I wonder if he will come back later and ask to do it again without a safety harness?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back