GA GA - Effie Hall, 22, Atlanta, 20 January 1981

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Effie Hall was a single mother and college student at Clark Atlanta University and was murdered on January 20, 1981. It’s said she was found by a roommate with a gunshot wound to the chest which exited from the back. At the time of her murder, Effie is reported to have had several roommates, however, only 2 of the roommate names are known at this time. One of her roommates had tried unsuccessfully to reach her by phone, returned to the apartment and found Effie Hall dead on the floor, the telephone off the hook.

http://imaginepublicity.com/2012/05...s-31-year-old-cold-case-with-sheryl-mccollum/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EHallColdCase

Discussed on Websleuths Radio: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/06/11/websleuths-radio

562145_378219948886806_378216665553801_1010335_416748557_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...86806_378216665553801_1010335_416748557_n.jpg

After listening to the show.
I don't have face book and details are limited.
But would it be fair to say there were no signs of forced entry?
And nothing to indicate a burglary such as being ransacked?

Was this apartment on campus or off?
Or was it a house off campus with several rooms that was being rented out to various persons and not all necessarily students at the college?

add on...For now I think she was at the wrong place at the wrong time and was not the intended victim, but she happened to be there. Is it speculated the person was already inside when she arrived home, or did they arrive afterwards?

The latest from FB: The Atlanta Police Department needs our help! Keep re-posting until we find friends, roommates or classmates!

If anyone wants to dig in and find friends and/or classmates, go for it!

Hey all, I'm new here so just gonna jump in! Does anyone know why the police do not know the names of some of the roommates?

What about the father of her child?

I tried looking up info online but found very little. Interesting case!

Just heard about this case, and read the facebook and the article. The room-mate that found Effie, surely they must know the names of the other room mates, or teachers at the university, surely they must know who she hung around with friends etc. Phone records??

I'm new in this part of the forum; found this case after seeing it on the main page. I checked the facebook page and saw a comment about the police report. I am very new to sleuthing, so I am having a hard time finding the report (if it's even available) and any other information on this case. I would love to help, but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Does anyone have a msm report of her death, from the time of her death? I can't find anything. I can't believe the lack of media coverage about this poor lady - all I've been able to get is crumbs about her in writings about the Atlanta Child Murders.

We've just missed the reunion for the class of 81; that was in 2011. But she died before graduation, so it would help to know when Effie would have graduated. 1981 was the centennial year of the uni. That might be a connection I suppose, if some of the theories about those Atlanta child murderers are correct.

So Clarke Atlanta has 20-odd buildings over 93 acres and it also looks like huge changes took place for the olympics, on top of any other changes since 1981. I can't see any way of working out where Effie lived without more info.

I'd have thought the uni itself would have some information about this. And if LE want help with the case, it would help if they had a press release giving at least some details, and outlining the information they are seeking.

I am really shocked at the information I've been able to find so far - virtually nothing. It's driving me mad. Poor Effie. What did she do to deserve such neglect?

I see above that Kimster said we could dig in to find former classmates. Not knowing what college, course or year Effie attended means throwing up a wide range of people, I'd think. Anyone who graduated between the years of 81-84, I'd say. I suppose most people attending the uni in 81 would have heard about Effie's shooting, even if it didn't get much media coverage?

Does anyone else think the scenario with Effie in the apartment with the phone off the hook, sounds like she knew what was coming and tried to get help?

I wonder what caused her friend to become concerned? Did they have a meet-up scheduled, or had Effie been having some problems that caused her friend to be worried when she couldn't get in touch?

I'm not so sure about an Atlanta child murder link. I think a lot of disparate cases may have been lumped together there, for lack of any other info. I hope LE made a thorough investigation of all of Effie's friends, housemates, close circle and, especially, any boyfriend.

I'm still searching and still no luck. Is it possible Effie was a shortened name or nickname?

I must be doing something wrong. I cannot see any death/burial records for Effie Hall. I cannot find a single mention of her in Atlanta newspapers. I cannot find an old address. I cannot see any additional information on the fb page or any info listed on LE sites.

In the radio programme her son's name was mentioned as Michael and he was stated as being the one who wanted Effi's case revived, but he doesn't seem to be mentioned on the fb page either.

Also, although it's gone now, when I went on the fb page earlier there was someone advertising a weird, weight loss programme.

Does anyone know the LE dept in charge of this investigation?

I am new to sleuthing too and I am from the UK so I have no idea how to help, but I see that there appears to be no death record under the name Effie and just thought that I would mention that Effie is a very common nickname for the name Euphemia.

Perhaps somebody much more capable than me could try looking for Euphemia Hall?

Also, perhaps it may be possible to find students from her year on Friends Reunited?

Thank you shadowdancer! I was making up every name I could think of that might be short for Effie, but I didn't get close to the correct one!

Atlanta PD has only one cold case homicide listed on their website, a policeman???
They do have an open records request function. Unfortunately, the record has to be picked up in person after ordering. Not much use to you in the UK or me in Germany!

http://www.atlantapd.org/openrecordsrequest.aspx

This might sound like a really, really daft question, but is there any possibility that they might have closed her case?

Perhaps they feel that they know who did it but cannot charge/convict for some reason eg the suspect is dead??

I suppose they could have, but I would have thought it really unusual for police to officially close an unsolved case.

And it still wouldn't explain the apparent total lack of historical mentions of her case. I've managed to trawl up more info about crimes committed in Atlanta in 1906 than in Effie's case. It's very odd.

At last! There is a Euphemia (Effie) M Hall listed on Ancestry.com with a date of death of 1981 in Fulton, Georgia. I'm not a member though so I can't call up all the details. Can anyone else help?

Have done some googling and I found some suggestions for other names that could be shortened to Effie - Efrona, Efemia, Elfreida, Euphogenia/Ephigenia/Iphigenia, Efricina, Efrat, Ethel, Hephzibah, Efthalia, Euphemiam.

Some don't really sound like names to me, but all worth checking I suppose.

I will also chuck in Stephanie, Josephine, Felicity, Elizabeth/Elisabeth, Jennifer and Ophelia as possibles.

Possibly Nefertiti if her parents were history fans!

Cross posts, good work zwiebel. I'm not a member but that sounds like a possible match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back