The 911 Call

Shonyakay posted a comment below the youtube video Part 4, that at 1:17 it almost sounds like Darlie says "Damon, I'm sorry". I do hear something that could be that, or maybe "baby, I'm sorry". Does anyone else hear that? TIA

Yes,, I hear the I'm sorry but no name.

what mother.....what PERSON (i.e. a stranger wouldn't have said this) is on the phone with 911 as her butchered babys lay dying and more than once Darlie's concern is that she touched the knife and to say something SO ODD as "We got to find out who did this, Darin". IMO that wouldn't even be a thought at THAT moment. All any mother would care about is saving their childrens lives!! I mean it's so obvious that she is already trying to paint her warped picture of the intruder and already explaining her prints on the knife. But for some reason, the comment about needing to find the perpetrator....way too inappropriate at this time! Also I've seen a lot of grieving parents (I'm an ER nurse) and one thing I *always* see is that initial disbelief/denial. No, he/she is not dead!! is always the first gut-instinct reaction. Darlie was stating that they were dead possibly before they even WERE and she already moved on to "find the killer" and worry about her own fingerprints. And why does she go back and forth when referring to the murderer as "them", "him" and "they"? Did you see an army of killers, Darlie or one person?

What bothers me about the 911 call is the actual length of the call.Your children are dying/dead yet you stay on the phone and yammer when you could be trying to save your child or hold your child in your arms.When the dispatcher told Darlie that they were on their way she should have dropped the phone or hung up.

What bothers me about the 911 call is the actual length of the call.Your children are dying/dead yet you stay on the phone and yammer when you could be trying to save your child or hold your child in your arms.When the dispatcher told Darlie that they were on their way she should have dropped the phone or hung up.

Wow, I never even thought about that!! SO TRUE!! Of course! I would have called 911 and been like "HELP! My kids were stabbed and are bleeding to death!"....gave my address and left the phone on the counter/floor (in case they needed to trace or whatever). Good point indeed!

everything bothers me about the 911 call

everything

During the 911 call she NEVER thought of Drake! *If* an intruder truly did this she'd be screaming to Darin asking if Drake was ok. Never mentioned him at all!!!

You are right, she never did. The 911 call makes me cringe, it is very obvious to me that she is trying really hard to come across as a distraught mom, but she is not an academy award winning actress and you can clearly hear that.

That is something! I have 3 children and I can't imagine not trying to help them or not wondering if they were all right. There was no mention of Drake at all.

agreed. is that what everyone would do? i don't know, but that's what i did. i couldn't think of how to help save my mom with this woman yapping in my ear and asking futile questions. i threw my cell phone down, ran to my mom and told the neighbor lady that i couldn't deal with the dispatcher anymore.

This is definitely an excellent point, and one I thought of a few months ago. If an intruder came into my home and attacked me and two of my children, my first thought, aside from calling for help would be of my third child, as well as my husband. I tried to give Darlie the benefit of the doubt, especially after two sides of the issue began badgering me on Facebook. However, the more I investigate, the more convinced I am that this whole appeal is to stall the death penalty and that the truth is already out in the open.

A forensic examiner of the 911 call said that Darlie moved briskly between at least 3 rooms during the call which contradicted her statement to the police. Btw, the best TV show about this case is Forensic Files's "Invisible Intruder".

I listened to it for the first time tonight. It's staged IMHO. I've had to phone for an ambulance before when my daughter had a nut reaction and went into anaphylactic shock, at aged 5. I thought she was really dying. Yes I was hysterical, but it was all about my daughter on that call, I didn't think of one other thing. I didn't worry that it was me who had mistakenly brung nuts into the house, I didn't worry about what people would think, I just wanted the ambulance there, and that my daughter would be saved. No way could I be conversing with my husband, or talking about knives I'd picked up, or if something had been knocked over. I was focused solely on her. That sounds like an act by Darlie.

IMO, one of the most telling aspects on the 911 call is that she, NOT ONCE, mentions the baby. She is just about prompted to think of the baby by the operator in two instances. Once being when the operator asks her if anybody else is in the house with her, she replies that her husband just came downstairs and that he is helping her. And then when the operator asks how many children, she replies, twice, there's two of them. BUT, she thinks of fingerprints, that they have to find out who it was, and that nothing is touched! She even yells for a neighbor, but doesn't bolt up the stairs to check the baby. It is just so telling that she knew the baby was fine.

Steel, your completely right! She didn't once mention Drake. Wouldn't she be worried about him?

Didn't Darin go upstairs at one point to check on him, or was that after the police had already arrived?

Steel, your completely right! She didn't once mention Drake. Wouldn't she be worried about him?

Didn't Darin go upstairs at one point to check on him, or was that after the police had already arrived?

I believe they both claimed that after Darlie was taken to the porch, that Darin then went to check on the baby or at some point - obviously after the call. I thought I read this in one of Darin's written statements posted on-line.

Oh, the videos have been removed from you tube.

Besides the 911 call there is also a worrying statement by Darlie (it was presented in court, it can be found in transcripts, I haven't read all of the transcripts, but it can be found in the section where Patterson is questioned). In this statement Darlie describes how everything happened and she:
a) never mentions that she saw her sons laying bleeding on the floor after following the so called intruder (she just says she started screaming for Darin after returning to the family room)
b) most shocking to me - she states in her voluntary statement that after briefly checking on boys, she started looking around if something was missing in the room, i.e. if the "burglar" has taken something; to me it seems quite impossible that any loving and caring parent would do that when one of their children lays dead, while other is fighting for his life - who would check for missing stuff in such a situation???

To me both call and her statement cries of her guilt.

OMG, you're right, she does say "I promise" ... right before she angrily declares "somebody walked in here and did it, Darin". As if he already suspects and she knows he's accusing her.

Then she says "there's nothing touched!, there's nothing touched!"... which is another very strange thing to say while watching her babies die, not to mention how could she possibly have known that her alleged 'intruder' hadn't touched anything. :what:
It's at about 5:21 and 5:22 of Part 4.

I didn't even know this was on youtube. Great work on the part of shonyakay. Thank you so much for posting this, cami.

I wanted to share my thoughts about that "nothing's touched" part. I think it is a total red alert that watching her kids die, she says something like this (to me it doesn't match her hysterical "Oh my God!" mood, it falls out of the context, just like comments about picking up the knife and erasing the possible fingerprints). I have read her statement presented in court, where she actually does support the fact she checked on stuff at a very inappropriate (to say the least) moment:
I remember telling Damon to hang on, Mommy was
13 there. I looked over at Darin, and saw the glass table
14 had been knocked half way off, and the flower arrangement
15 had been knocked over. I then stood up and turned around
16 and saw glass all over the kitchen floor.
17 "I tried to glance over to see if
18 anything was out of place, or if anything was missing.

I can't imagine that anyone could think about missing stuff at a moment like that. Totally, no way, unless the person has comitted these murders and is trying to cover up, but making mistakes in doing so.

Also - her hysterical voice seems weird to me at times in this call. It sounds like she's DECIDED to be hysterical and is getting a bit tired of the voice she has chosen for the call, so at several moments you can hear ehxaustion mixed with anger rather than genuine hysteria. Could it be she is angry that the whole situation causes her to use this hysterical voice, which is certainly not an easy task if it doesn't come naturally?

IMO, one of the most telling aspects on the 911 call is that she, NOT ONCE, mentions the baby. She is just about prompted to think of the baby by the operator in two instances. Once being when the operator asks her if anybody else is in the house with her, she replies that her husband just came downstairs and that he is helping her. And then when the operator asks how many children, she replies, twice, there's two of them. BUT, she thinks of fingerprints, that they have to find out who it was, and that nothing is touched! She even yells for a neighbor, but doesn't bolt up the stairs to check the baby. It is just so telling that she knew the baby was fine.

This looks like a case I don't want to spend too much time looking at, but I agree with everything in this opinion post. Backing out of here. Those poor little boys.

Then she says "there's nothing touched!, there's nothing touched!"... which is another very strange thing to say while watching her babies die, not to mention how could she possibly have known that her alleged 'intruder' hadn't touched anything. :what:
It's at about 5:21 and 5:22 of Part 4.

You know what's stranger? She was answering Wadell's question. You know... The officer who was in the house at 3 minutes 45 seconds into the 911 call. I know, it boggles the mind but he was still talking to her at 5:21 and 5:22. Asking her stupid crap about what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back