Recovered/Located CT - Robert Hoagland, 50, Newtown, 28 Jul 2013

I'd say it's much more usual for an update to be added at the bottom, and clearly set out as such. Or, at the very least, with a 'last updated' at the top. Otherwise, if things just get changed without readers being told, they'll start to mistrust what they read in a publication.

That's what I'd have thought, anyhow. Very frustrating.

Sad Robert hasn't been found yet, but glad he wasn't in the water. I hate the thought of people being lost in the water. :(

Ah! thank you for finding one that said pretty much the same thing at least... I was really wondering if I had wrote it down after a bad dream or something :truce: thank you.

Clipped from that article..

On September 1, police made a sonar search of a section of Lake Zoar in seeking whether Mr Hoagland’s body might be found there. They have also done extensive dog searches for him.

The lake search and dog searches produced no results.

Highlighted by me.

It says in this one they were searching for a body, but I don't know if this is the one.

http://newtownbee.com/news/news/2013/09/06/newtown-police-pursue-rhode-island-tip-search-hoag/160081

If the Providence sighting has been disproven, my money is on situation that I can't say because we are victim friendly and no one has been accused.

In theory though, if someone was to have a really bad fight with a family member, they might want to go to the nearest city and try and buy something that might help them forget.

If the Providence sighting has been disproven, my money is on situation that I can't say because we are victim friendly and no one has been accused.

In theory though, if someone was to have a really bad fight with a family member, they might want to go to the nearest city and try and buy something that might help them forget.

Was it ever mentioned what the fighting was all about?

IIRC nothing was mentioned about fighting. Just family problems... a theory was just being put out there that is all..

Yes, I was speaking purely theoretically. Not about this case in particular.
*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Search-widens-for-missing-Newtown-man-4784645.php

The mower was stowed in its usual spot in the basement, and his dirty clothes were found in the laundry. His loafers were in the living room.

Hoagland's cellphone, passport and blood pressure medication were found in his office.

A couple of weeks later, Hoagland's wallet and the key to the family's Mini Cooper were found hidden in the bedroom.

A cash withdrawal of $600 was made from the south Newtown branch of Union Savings Bank the Thursday before his disappearance. That money has not been found, Lori Hoagland said.

And

Max Hoagland was arrested on a trespass charge in Bridgeport the evening after his father disappeared. Max told police he was looking to buy drugs.

-- dirty clothes in laundry, shoes in living room, wallet and keys hidden in room and $600 cash missing...... sounds to me like he was in the shower and met with foul play. maybe LE should check shower/bathroom for blood splatter?

Son arrested the evening after his father disappeared, looking to buy drugs. How much money did he have with him when he was arrested?

Good questions. About arrest...Does he have a job I wonder?or a trust fund? I am not being snarky.
I seriously doubt the dad is on a walk about and leaves his important stuff including meds behind- and shoes in living room.
This case bothers me so so much. newtown is the town next door. Is there anything us locals can do to help??

Any local folks on this forum? Is there anything in particular being discussed about where RH may be or what happened to him the day he went missing?

I have a question, again I am having problems finding an article I read earlier. I have been trying to find it because I needed clarification on what I read and if I remember it correctly...again, I have checked all links and cannot find what I was looking for (sorry new to this and I should have written everything down) I suspect I started reading one article and then clicked on a link on that article which lead me to the one I am searching for..however maybe someone else saw the same thing and clarify for me??? :blush: :facepalm: I remember it talking about the laundry from when he mowed and I could have sworn I read something to the effect of his pants or shirt was in dryer clean and the other was in the washing machine.. went back to see if what was in washing machine was still clean or. Dirty but all I can find are articles saying his dirty clothes in the laundry. Did anyone else catch this other article and remember same thing? If so, why was one item washed and another in machine...is it common for men to do laundry for one outfit? If not, could it be someone else was trying to get then clean for other reasons? What bothers me is if he was so meticulous to put clothes in laundry (cleaned or not) why the dirty shoes in livingroom? Would he not leave outside or in garage for the next time?

Just questions and opinions~~ no facts

Any local folks on this forum? Is there anything in particular being discussed about where RH may be or what happened to him the day he went missing?

There is a poster quite local asking what they can do to help just above this one you made, I think.

I would really like to hear what very, very close locals think though as well - maybe neighbours, or Robert's friends?

Good questions. About arrest...Does he have a job I wonder?or a trust fund? I am not being snarky.
I seriously doubt the dad is on a walk about and leaves his important stuff including meds behind- and shoes in living room.
This case bothers me so so much. newtown is the town next door. Is there anything us locals can do to help??

Could you explain - there is some very weird and wonderful stuff out there about Newtown. Is that just all because of the Sandy Hook connection in this case, or is Newtown a very secretive, closed-up place?

Could you explain - there is some very weird and wonderful stuff out there about Newtown. Is that just all because of the Sandy Hook connection in this case, or is Newtown a very secretive, closed-up place?

Is there a SandyHook connection in this case? Or is this just the same town?
I would say it is as secretive as any old New England town in some respects. There are no sunshine laws in the state either. I don't know that they are being secretive in the case of Missing RH.

Perhaps with regard to Sandyhook- they will never ever release what certain ghoulish public seem to demand- photos from the scene of obliterated 5 and 6 year olds, teachers and staff from the school that day, and the killer himself. But if you look over in the threads here at WS for school shooting sandyhook there are some great links and articles from the Hartford courant- if you look you will find lots of stuff is being let out about AL- his school records- his hospital records. Sandyhook is a little different I would say to the average school shooting on a few levels. Here their very own citizen who had been " in the system and fell through the cracks in a most tragic heinous way. omgg but no conspiracy. it hurts my heart to see the conspiracy theories.
One of my students a 35 year old EMT was there. It happened, and CT will never be the same. We were messed up after The Home Invasion. Ct is a very small state with big state problems.

What ever Newtown was before or will be after the events of dec 14, 2013 Some weird stuff does happen there.

If you asked my hubby about Newtown ( he is from bridgeport) he would go on and on about Indian burial grounds, sacred ancient hunting and fishing grounds, haunted fairfield hills, and an usual amount of tragic events for such a small town ( large geographically small pop alot of woods...a lot).

Remember the movie "the Haunting in CT" the funeral home and sewn up bodies? they changed the name but it was Botsford, CT. aka Newtown. Right now there is the trial of a guy who sold a house, and the new owners go to do an addition and they find a body- the missing wife of 20 years or so buried in the floor.

If you asked me? All I know about the town is... the meanest boss I ever had lives there. It is hardly a cultural mecca of the area but I would go there if I had to. If I can help.

But about RH I do not think they are being secretive exactly - it is an active investigation. I personally feel like it just recently became news and hit the wavelengths as a missing person case in the area. We get the local papers every day, and watch local CT news. I doubt 100% that he is hiking the appalachian trail with 600 dollars to his name. I hope he is but I doubt it. And I really do not think that he had a "visitor". I do think that he was robbed.
What can we do to help?

Prayers for RH.

Is there a SandyHook connection in this case? Or is this just the same town?
I would say it is as secretive as any old New England town in some respects. There are no sunshine laws in the state either. I don't know that they are being secretive in the case of Missing RH.

Perhaps with regard to Sandyhook- they will never ever release what certain ghoulish public seem to demand- photos from the scene of obliterated 5 and 6 year olds, teachers and staff from the school that day, and the killer himself. But if you look over in the threads here at WS for school shooting sandyhook there are some great links and articles from the Hartford courant- if you look you will find lots of stuff is being let out about AL- his school records- his hospital records. Sandyhook is a little different I would say to the average school shooting on a few levels. Here their very own citizen who had been " in the system and fell through the cracks in a most tragic heinous way. omgg but no conspiracy. it hurts my heart to see the conspiracy theories.
One of my students a 35 year old EMT was there. It happened, and CT will never be the same. We were messed up after The Home Invasion. Ct is a very small state with big state problems.

What ever Newtown was before or will be after the events of dec 14, 2013 Some weird stuff does happen there.

If you asked my hubby about Newtown ( he is from bridgeport) he would go on and on about Indian burial grounds, sacred ancient hunting and fishing grounds, haunted fairfield hills, and an usual amount of tragic events for such a small town ( large geographically small pop alot of woods...a lot).

Remember the movie "the Haunting in CT" the funeral home and sewn up bodies? they changed the name but it was Botsford, CT. aka Newtown. Right now there is the trial of a guy who sold a house, and the new owners go to do an addition and they find a body- the missing wife of 20 years or so buried in the floor.

If you asked me? All I know about the town is... the meanest boss I ever had lives there. It is hardly a cultural mecca of the area but I would go there if I had to. If I can help.

But about RH I do not think they are being secretive exactly - it is an active investigation. I personally feel like it just recently became news and hit the wavelengths as a missing person case in the area. We get the local papers every day, and watch local CT news. I doubt 100% that he is hiking the appalachian trail with 600 dollars to his name. I hope he is but I doubt it. And I really do not think that he had a "visitor". I do think that he was robbed.
What can we do to help?

Prayers for RH.

There are a couple of connections to the Sandy Hook shootings.

#1) When he was announced as missing a friend on FB stated something about a witness to the shooters escaping on ATV's leaving the school. Maybe ROBERT was that witness. But it never came up again.

#2) Robert was a real-estate appraiser in the area. The strange real-estate transactions in that area between 2009-2012 led many to suspect something was up.

#3) Robert worked part time for a law-firm in Bridgeport, CT. It was known that he was interested in becoming an expert witness.

#4) His wife, Lori Hoagland is a culinary teacher at Newtown High School. She works with Jeannette Manfredonia (wife of Chris Manfredonia who was briefly detained)

Those are the connections that I have come up with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back