CNN Headline News w/Nancy Grace will be back on the schedule soon!

Reminder - information on Janet is suppose to be on CNN Headline News with Nancy Grace 8:00 pm EasterN, 7:00 central and I think 5:00 pm Pacific this evening.

If it doesn't go, don't shoot the messenger, but feel free to stick your tongue out at me lol.:razz:

Eek! I don't have cable! I heard it aired... and did I hear the reward is now up to $15,000? Anybody else have details?!

Nancy Grace repeats itself at 10:00 eastern, 8 Mountain, 7 pacific.

I glanced at my computer which said :26 as it was shown.

It did air and she did say $15,000.00 not $5,000.00 I don't know where the other $10,000.00 came from, but right on!

It will air again and of course, I sat and bawled like a baby when I saw it. I don't know if that was a mistake or another $10,000.00 was added. If anyone else knows, please feel free to chime in.

I was glad to see it even if Nancy Grace did mispronounce Janet's last name.
I thought she was going to actually talk about the case, but I guess there's not much anyone can say which is a quote from LE.

Jess said:
Nancy Grace repeats itself at 10:00 eastern, 8 Mountain, 7 pacific.

I glanced at my computer which said :26 as it was shown.

Yes, a recent news article in the media links said the Sheriff's Dept. was offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to apprehension and conviction of the murderer.

guera said:
Eek! I don't have cable! I heard it aired... and did I hear the reward is now up to $15,000? Anybody else have details?!

Thinkoflaura said:
Yes, a recent news article in the media links said the Sheriff's Dept. was offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to apprehension and conviction of the murderer.
I wonder if that's enough money for an Abaroa to turn on one of their own.

Here Karyn, Karyn! Come on Karyn! Good girl Karyn! Karyn want a treat?

Thinkoflaura said:
I was glad to see it even if Nancy Grace did mispronounce Janet's last name.
I thought she was going to actually talk about the case, but I guess there's not much anyone can say which is a quote from LE.
Well even though Nancy Grace mispronounced Abaroa, who cares lol.....at least she didn't mispronounce Christiansen.

As I explained on a few occasions, that it was to be a segue to Carole Sund Carrington Reward, and that's what she normally does.

I am sure there will be more information coming out in the media eventually, and I'm not going to try to spite the one media outlet that has done something in the last 10 months. I'm happy this aired - thanks Nancy Grace for all you do in Seeking Justice!

(snipped)
NANCY GRACE TRANSCRIPTS

Quick break, everybody. But we at NANCY GRACE want very much to help solve unsolved homicides, find missing people. Take a look at Janet Abaroa, just 25, stabbed to death April 24, 2005, Durham, North Carolina. The reward, $15,000. If you have info on Janet Abaroa, call Carole Sund Carrington toll-free, 888-813-8389. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/12/ng.01.html

Thinkoflaura said:
TOL - Can you point me to this information, I can't find it.

I was not trying to spite the one media outlet that has done something in the last 10 months at all. I was very happy to see the photo and basic info on the crime along with toll free numbers on Nancy Grace's show. I am desperate for word of Janet's case to receive widespread media coverage and for a break in the case to come, and wish that someone would pick Janet's case story up and feature it. I hope we either see her case featured OR we see someone doing the perp walk soon. I know which one I would prefer to see !!

My observation that the Abaroa last name was mispronounced represents my desire for everyone who is now in contact with Raven Abaroa for the first time to " connect the dots".Like Amber had to hear that Laci was missing with foul play suspected through media. Murderous types of guys aren't going to tell their awful secrects to the next unsuspecting female they meet.

I didn't hear the Christiansen name mentioned at all, but it was busy at our house, I was not expecting the photo and mention of Janet to appear, so I guess I missed her maiden name being given.
I'm very glad that it was. :)

terminatrixator said:
Well even though Nancy Grace mispronounced Abaroa, who cares lol.....at least she didn't mispronounce Christiansen.

As I explained on a few occasions, that it was to be a segue to Carole Sund Carrington Reward, and that's what she normally does.

I am sure there will be more information coming out in the media eventually, and I'm not going to try to spite the one media outlet that has done something in the last 10 months. I'm happy this aired - thanks Nancy Grace for all you do in Seeking Justice!

terminatrixator said:
TOL - Can you point me to this information, I can't find it.

I may have goofed about the amount being offered, like Nancy Grace may have. In any case, if $$$ is the driving force to get someone to sing like a bird, I'm not sorry that it was broadcast as a much larger amount.

I visit Janet's beautiful memorial website, tearsforjanet.com almost daily. On the night that her case was on Nancy Grace's show, I went to the News section of the site to see if they had mentioned the airing of her photo and info. While I was there, I re-read the entire site for quite some time, and cried.
There are messages copied from several NC news sources in the News section there which say that Crimestoppers in Durham are offering a reward, but I went back tonight to look for the amount, and do not see a final amount listed. It may vary.

The really sad part of this is that I did read a blurb from another news story while reading in the same News section mentioning $10,000.
It was stated as being close to the amount Raven was ordered to pay in restitution, which I already knew, but read it at the same time as the reward money and felt sick that he has done what I believe he has done and probably won't pay a penny back, or put up any money for a reward.. for obvious reasons.. :(

Since I can't find a specific amount offered by Crimestoppers, and again, I think it varies according to who knows what and where it leads, I would like to retract my statement that an additional $10,000 is offered. I don't know the amount, just that there is another reward.

:doh: I'm so sorry for my error. I wish it had been accurate for Janet and Kaiden's sake. :doh: :eek: :eek:

I hope everyone has a blessed Easter or Passover holiday weekend. :angel:
God bless. :angel:

Thanks for the clarification TOL. Don't beat yourself up about this, it's very baffling.

I am looking high and low myself. I know there is a crimestopper reward, that's for sure I know, but those ranges of $$$ are not normally that high.

http://www.durhampolice.com/crimestoppers/

How Big are the Rewards?
It is estimated that the average CrimeStoppers reward is $200. Rewards range from a low of $100 to a high of $1,200. The amount of the reward is based on the seriousness of the crime and the amount and type of information provided by the caller.​
I also know that the State of Durham in the Governor's Office can put out a Reward, and perhaps they did, and since Durham PD has not updated their site, who knows.

I truly do not know where this extra $10,000.00 came from, but it came from somewhere, $5,000.00 and $15,000.00 are a big difference and I would hope that would not be such a large error on the Producers of Nancy Grace show, and it was in their Transcripts, so I'm staying positive, in my ever so grumpy ways and sticking with someone added another $10,000.00 until I hear otherwise lol.

TOL - Don't take it too hard, you did not mess up, we all are doing the best we can with what we got to keep Janet's story out there. We are not supersleuths, we are not law enforcement, and all of us are trying to help out and do the best we can with what information we have. We are all here for the same goal, that's trying to keep the word about Janet Marie and unborn child's murder in the minds of others.

The frustration you are feeling, I am feeling, and all of us that post here regularly are feeling. Why the year long wait with no arrest, no person of interest named? Why does every single time something comes up on Janet, it gets trumped by something that's so Newsworthy that the the Media and the public go wild regarding it, like the Jennifer Willbanks, the DA Elections, Duke Lacrosse alleged rape incident?

I understand why the family and friends of Janet need to keep a low profile, it's common sense to me, but that doesn't mean, the members of Websleuths have to, we don't know what LE has asked of them, we don't know what they are doing in regards to the Murder, and I don't think they are sitting around doing nothing, though to others it may seem that way.

Like I said before, I'm not leaving the Janet section of Websleuths. I will continue to hit every site I can and make phone calls and following-up on everything I can find on this Murder. It's frustrating, but even though I never met Janet or her family, I'm here to the bitter end, and I hope all of you are too.

Well looking back over the transcripts for Nancy Grace, the date was wrong. The date of the murder they announced was April 24, 2005. Argh.

I've searched high and low looking for more of a reward and I am thinking the only way is someone added another 10,000.00 to it, but I can't find anything on it anywhere. This is quite irritating.

I have checked Tears for Janet, waiting for an update to see if another 10,000 has been added, and nothing yet.

I'm going to keep looking and if someone else hears anything, please post.

Thank you for your kindness, Trix. :)
I really appreciate it.
I hope you know how deeply Janet and her baby's murders have touched me, and that I want the exact same thing as you.

I feel very deeply for Kaiden, and for Janet's family too. I spent a lot of time looking at the family photos when I made my goof about the reward money..
I think her parents are past retirement age. It was a lightbulb moment for me to see that they were quite a bit older than I had imagined with her only being 25.
I have a great deal of empathy for them, especially after understanding that they are not 40-something year olds. I know that even though they and her brothers and sisters have a deep and abiding faith, this has to be -almost- unbearable.
I say almost because I truly believe that our Heavenly Father will not give us more on this earth than we can bear.

I'm not sure if you know the family or communicate with them or if any of her family reads here, but I just wanted to take a moment and say that they have a beautiful family and their love for all their children and for little Kaiden comes shining through like a beacon of light on Janet's website.
It makes me feel very peaceful to know how much her famiy loved her, especially in view of what we believe happened to her.
I have read and re-read what her family said at her services. I wish I could be the kind of person she was.
It hurts so much that someone so young and good was brutally murdered with her little baby in the next room. I wish we, the collective we, could do more. I expected an arrest long before now, but I have read your recent posts about building a strong case, especially when the person most of us suspect of the murder lived in the house. The thought of him being tried and there being reasonable doubt due to a weak case is much worse than sitting still and waiting on justice to prevail.

Thanks again, and God bless. :)

terminatrixator said:
Thanks for the clarification TOL. Don't beat yourself up about this, it's very baffling.

I am looking high and low myself. I know there is a crimestopper reward, that's for sure I know, but those ranges of $$$ are not normally that high.

http://www.durhampolice.com/crimestoppers/

How Big are the Rewards?
It is estimated that the average CrimeStoppers reward is $200. Rewards range from a low of $100 to a high of $1,200. The amount of the reward is based on the seriousness of the crime and the amount and type of information provided by the caller.​
I also know that the State of Durham in the Governor's Office can put out a Reward, and perhaps they did, and since Durham PD has not updated their site, who knows.

I truly do not know where this extra $10,000.00 came from, but it came from somewhere, $5,000.00 and $15,000.00 are a big difference and I would hope that would not be such a large error on the Producers of Nancy Grace show, and it was in their Transcripts, so I'm staying positive, in my ever so grumpy ways and sticking with someone added another $10,000.00 until I hear otherwise lol.

TOL - Don't take it too hard, you did not mess up, we all are doing the best we can with what we got to keep Janet's story out there. We are not supersleuths, we are not law enforcement, and all of us are trying to help out and do the best we can with what information we have. We are all here for the same goal, that's trying to keep the word about Janet Marie and unborn child's murder in the minds of others.

The frustration you are feeling, I am feeling, and all of us that post here regularly are feeling. Why the year long wait with no arrest, no person of interest named? Why does every single time something comes up on Janet, it gets trumped by something that's so Newsworthy that the the Media and the public go wild regarding it, like the Jennifer Willbanks, the DA Elections, Duke Lacrosse alleged rape incident?

I understand why the family and friends of Janet need to keep a low profile, it's common sense to me, but that doesn't mean, the members of Websleuths have to, we don't know what LE has asked of them, we don't know what they are doing in regards to the Murder, and I don't think they are sitting around doing nothing, though to others it may seem that way.

Like I said before, I'm not leaving the Janet section of Websleuths. I will continue to hit every site I can and make phone calls and following-up on everything I can find on this Murder. It's frustrating, but even though I never met Janet or her family, I'm here to the bitter end, and I hope all of you are too.

terminatrixator said:
Well looking back over the transcripts for Nancy Grace, the date was wrong. The date of the murder they announced was April 24, 2005. Argh.

I've searched high and low looking for more of a reward and I am thinking the only way is someone added another 10,000.00 to it, but I can't find anything on it anywhere. This is quite irritating.

I have checked Tears for Janet, waiting for an update to see if another 10,000 has been added, and nothing yet.

I'm going to keep looking and if someone else hears anything, please post.
I actually missed it but is this correct...

1. She mispronounced her name;
2. She said the wrong date;
3. And potentially the wrong amount for the reward?

I'm thinking someone needs to bring this to NG's attention....maybe she'll do a whole story on Janet to make up for it!

Eww, You are correct. The transcripts said April 24, 2005. I saw it twice and have it tivoed.

Also, she did not mention Christiansen at all, but did completely mispronounced Abaroa, I think it came out ABAHORA or something like that. (maybe she was subconsciously trying to say abhore)

Don't know if you all know how much I dig Nancy Grace but I do, but she's never been good at pronouncing names, unless she hears it first person. I am hugely amazed by her strength and the good that she actually does, and I don't mind that people don't like her and she doesn't mind either, which really makes me like her all the more. I am similar to her in those regards, you don't have to like me - just listen will ya cause your going to hear my point of view, whether you like it or not (yeah I'm a huge...<insert your choice of cuss words here> and I like it that way.

The reward money stated $15,000.00. This may or may not be an error. I do know the Governor's office does have a "reward program" of $10,000.00, but I have not noticed a change on Tears for Janet yet. I have scanned every article at Tears for Janet, I went through every single article here, again for the 100th time, I have downloaded onto my computer every single article, including the 3 missing Media PDF's from the Durham Police Department, I scanned LTU and I have double checked Carole Sund's rewards and their max rewards usually are $5,000.00. If people want to donate towards Janet's murder, they can do so through the Carole Sund Fund and make sure they state loud and clear that it is to add to Janet Reward.

$5 and $15 thousand is a big difference and because of the error on the date of her murder (which baffles me) as when I heard that she was doing this segment, I wrote Nancy and I believe many others here did too, especially after the show did not air on February 23, 2006 and stated the exact specifics of the date, reward amount and particulars. I have contacted my friend, who has no clue about these matters, she just knows about program schedules on CNN, so she can't help.

Hopefully sooner or later we'll get to the bottom of this but getting to the bottom of the murder itself is the main goal.

Thinkoflaura said:
Thank you for your kindness, Trix. :)
I really appreciate it.
I hope you know how deeply Janet and her baby's murders have touched me, and that I want the exact same thing as you.

I feel very deeply for Kaiden, and for Janet's family too. I spent a lot of time looking at the family photos when I made my goof about the reward money..
I think her parents are past retirement age. It was a lightbulb moment for me to see that they were quite a bit older than I had imagined with her only being 25.
I have a great deal of empathy for them, especially after understanding that they are not 40-something year olds. I know that even though they and her brothers and sisters have a deep and abiding faith, this has to be -almost- unbearable.
I say almost because I truly believe that our Heavenly Father will not give us more on this earth than we can bear.

I'm not sure if you know the family or communicate with them or if any of her family reads here, but I just wanted to take a moment and say that they have a beautiful family and their love for all their children and for little Kaiden comes shining through like a beacon of light on Janet's website.
It makes me feel very peaceful to know how much her famiy loved her, especially in view of what we believe happened to her.
I have read and re-read what her family said at her services. I wish I could be the kind of person she was.
It hurts so much that someone so young and good was brutally murdered with her little baby in the next room. I wish we, the collective we, could do more. I expected an arrest long before now, but I have read your recent posts about building a strong case, especially when the person most of us suspect of the murder lived in the house. The thought of him being tried and there being reasonable doubt due to a weak case is much worse than sitting still and waiting on justice to prevail.

Thanks again, and God bless. :)
You are welcome TOL. I do realize how this murder has affected you, and so many people like you and I here, that never met Janet, do not have connections with the family, or the friends, yet they are here regularly posting.

I do not know the family of Janet, I have only communicated to the webmaster, through the webmaster@tearsforjanet.com site. I do have communications with someone at CNN that can get me the programming information and have an acquaintance that works at Carole Sund, and I know quite a few high profile attorneys in California, Illinois, New York and I am back working at my old firm again as a paralegal and we have offices all over the US.) I am close personal friends with several attorneys defense/prosecution I have access to a certified psychologist and psychiatrist and have many law enforcement agents, DEA, Forensic Specialist and someone from the Secret Service in family.

I just know that taking a chance of prosecuting a person without every I or T crossed and the entire puzzle put together is a worse jeopardy that waiting until everything is in its place. Especially when the person, in my opinion, is a sociopath. I believe that this type of person, that would kill a young girl and her unborn child, while another child was in the next room is the type of person that would do it again.

Nothing stolen from the home, except a laptop (which resale is not even worth it) and the murder weapon???? This is not a burglar, Janet was not seeing anyone, never strayed from her husband, was a good, kind person, with nobody out there that hated her, and anyone that new The Rave would not hurt his wife to get back at him as a revenge, because anyone that hated the Rave enough, would know that they would be doing him A FAVOR, by hurting Janet, because Raven could give two craps about her or anyone else but himself.

Yes, Janet's parents are not 40 something's or 50 something and though Janet was not the youngest child, this family went through the tragic death of her sister Gaynelle when she was 16 years old due to Cancer. From what I read, it was actually a pretty quick process, less than a year and that in itself would devastate many a family.

To my knowledge many of the siblings are married with their own children and there are a few that are still young and in college. Raising 10 children to lose one to cancer and one to murder has to be extremely devastating to any family and my thoughts and prayers are with the Christiansens and Kaiden.

I was reading up on this National Crime Victims' Rights Week that is from April 23 - April 29 this year, and noticed, Janet's anniversary of her death is in the middle of it. What really stands out to me is this year's motto which is VICTIMS' RIGHTS: STRENGTH IN UNITY.

Many of us here are frustrated. To you and I, the person who did this is as plain as the nose on our face, but that doesn't make an air-tight case. We need to remember this phrase "Strength in Unity" and realize we are all striving for the same goal, that is Justice for Janet, her unborn child, Kaiden and all the family and friends of Janet that loved her.

Bless you TOL and hopefully we can see this murderer brought to justice together and we have to remember what the Christiansens family and friends do or say publicly does not make them any less of a victim and everyone please remember: Victims' Rights Strength in Unity.

(am I not the wordiest person at 4:00 am) still have another week or two of Saturdays so I get up early enough to get some extra Trixie Sleuth time in)

******************************************************************************************
Terminatrixator wrote:
I was reading up on this National Crime Victims' Rights Week that is from April 23 - April 29 this year, and noticed, Janet's anniversary of her death is in the middle of it. What really stands out to me is this year's motto which is VICTIMS' RIGHTS: STRENGTH IN UNITY.

Many of us here are frustrated. To you and I, the person who did this is as plain as the nose on our face, but that doesn't make an air-tight case. We need to remember this phrase "Strength in Unity" and realize we are all striving for the same goal, that is Justice for Janet, her unborn child, Kaiden and all the family and friends of Janet that loved her.

Bless you TOL and hopefully we can see this murderer brought to justice together and we have to remember what the Christiansens family and friends do or say publicly does not make them any less of a victim and everyone please remember: Victims' Rights Strength in Unity.
Trix,

What a wonderful, empowering message!! You are right- United we stand, divided, we stand for NOTHING.

You are a wonderfully CJ system- educated and personally caring advocate for Janet, her baby and Kaiden. :)
Thanks for your informative and moving posts. You have a way of keeping us motivated instead of focusing on the anger we feel towards the Bird, which isn't going to help anything.
ToL

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam