Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said she was very swollen and just looked nothing like Brooke, it was very obvious alot had to be done to her to make her "presentable".

Remember that other woman MJ kidnapped? He handcuffed and stuffed a gag in her mouth is what she said. I'm thinking that's how he could've restrained Brooke as well. Seemed to be his MO.

yeah, & maybe holding her head up with a rope of some type...(which was mentioned by another poster, as far as the past behavior with MJ) ...she was probably suffocated/was strangled:(

hi there cali (waves)....hope you & the babies are doing fine:)

let's see...Brooke's body was found on July 2nd....that would be 7 days...

eta ... not to sound bad, but it's possible Brooke was very very swollen?....but then again, dang!...to be out in the heat in a shallow grave for 7 days, would be pretty damaging, i would think......hmmm

Hi close:blowkiss:! The babies and I are doing great. I am stumped over the fact that they were able to have an open casket, you would think that after she had been buried it wouldn't have been possible.:(

I have to say that has bothered me too. By his actions, he never intended Brooke to reappear. But why kill her. If he was going to go that far...wouldn't he have killed a stranger? Someone that didn't lead right back to him.

Trauma can be "corrected" for an open casket.

I know, but sometimes the way the body is positioned, you can tell where the trauma is...I was at an open-casket wake for a young car accident victim, and he was placed on his side to conceal the point of impact. Despite the fact that the side facing me was untouched by the accident, I found the hidden side disturbing and wished they had had a closed casket.

Trauma can be "corrected" for an open casket.

Embalming helps preserve the body as does refrigeration. Depending on the position of the body, for instance lying face up, there might be less decomp or mottling.

Also, from what I understand, if they don't have an actual date of death then funeral homes usually put in "taken too soon" or something similiar. But in this case the funeral home has it listed "died June 25th,2008".

From reading the affidavits I surely think that's when law enforcement believed she was killed. Plus wouldn't the medical examiner have something to say about that date along with evidence of phone records and logging onto the Internet LE compiled.

Thank for posting this, bdmama. I believe Brooke's wake is through 8pm this evening, right?

I pray for comfort for everyone who cares about and loves Brooke (especially the innocent children), and are reeling from the pain and confusion of her death. Also, prayers for healing for the community. And, stricter enforcement of child sex offender laws and passage of new laws as necessary. A wake-up call to all parents to love your children and "Be a parent" to them!

RIP, dear Brooke. May your death not be in vain.

Thought was perfectly put Liz, thank you so much for that.:)

RIP Dear Brooke!

In my opinion even though the obit and funeral home used June 25 as time of death it is not the official date of death.

She said she was very swollen and just looked nothing like Brooke, it was very obvious alot had to be done to her to make her "presentable".

yep, i kind of figured that could be it....a very dear friend of mine died from cancer on June 12th...she was taken imediately to the morgue, & i swear she was sooooo swollen, in the casket...her body even looked like it had been "packed", if you know what i mean....just really huge looking, face & all......

Dearest Gigi,:blowkiss:
That is the date listed on the obituary from the family.
My friend was listed as missing, he was found murdered. The date the family listed in his obituary was the day that he went missing.

Love and respect,
dark_shadows
That's true...the family generally supplies the information. Gosh knows the press didn't do a real swell job with the obit in the paper.

Slain girl mourned amid flowers, snapshot collages and tears

Associated Press - July 8, 2008 6:15 PM ET
RANDOLPH, Vt. (AP) - Today mourners remembered 12-year-old Brooke Bennett at a wake in the building where she just graduated from seventh grade.

Filing past a series of photo collages and the girl's open casket, friends and acquaintances shared condolences with her mother and other family members in an auditorium at Randolph Union High School.

Hundreds were expected to pay their respects tonight and at a funeral scheduled for tomorrow.
http://www.fox44.net/Global/story.asp?S=8643339

Thank you TG.. I appreciate the update !

DD

RANDOLPH, Vt. -- Amid sprays of flowers, snapshots from her short life and somber greetings, mourners Tuesday remembered 12-year-old Brooke Bennett at a wake in the building where she just graduated from seventh grade.

Filing past a series of photo collages and the girl's open casket, friends and acquaintances _ some wearing lapel buttons with her smiling face, a "Brooke" ribbon extending from the bottom _ shared condolences and tearful embraces with her mother and other family members in an auditorium at Randolph Union High School.

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8643305

I have to say that has bothered me too. By his actions, he never intended Brooke to reappear. But why kill her. If he was going to go that far...wouldn't he have killed a stranger? Someone that didn't lead right back to him.

I thought the same thing. She was a readily available target. Plus like someone else said they just get so caught up in their sickness it escalates and they lose sight of reason and become reckless.

I think in his stupid mind it was not going to lead back to him at all..By choosing her, say instead of a stranger, maybe he felt some control in setting up things in a way he felt he would never be suspected ( the myspace post, being seen leaving in seperate directions, the dna of Juvenile 2 ect..)

Hi close:blowkiss:! The babies and I are doing great. I am stumped over the fact that they were able to have an open casket, you would think that after she had been buried it wouldn't have been possible.:(

like bdmama posted, i guess they just did a lot to make her "presentable":(

Star, because of copyright laws we can only post a very small portion (10% or a paragraph) of an entire article and provide a link to the rest of it. Thanks!

Ok...I know this is a really terrible time for the family, but what were they thinking by having an open casket? For that to be the image for her friends to remember...along with how she died...oh, my...I'm seriously concerned for these kids. I do hope the parents take advantage of the services that are being offered.

Thankyou DS. From previous experience in my home state, funeral homes usually can only put the actual date of death. Due to regulations and filings of death certificates. In traumatic cases, where TOD is unknown, the funeral homes will usually subsitute a phrase to be sympathetic to the mourners. On their paperwork they put unknown for the date and just the year.

U.S. Attorney Thomas Anderson declined comment Tuesday on whether Gagnon had images of Vermont children in what an affidavit said were child *advertiser censored* images found on his computer.
Interesting. He could have said "We don't know yet", if indeed they didn't know one way or the other.

In my opinion even though the obit and funeral home used June 25 as time of death it is not the official date of death.
My dearest Busylady,:blowkiss:
Thank-you for your post.
As I stated earlier, my friend's family used the date that he went missing as a date. His case is still open and the date of his death has not been released to the public because it is an ongoing investigation.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members