FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
sadnpod-does ST know who watched the children after school and during the summer?

We know about the teenage sitter, but there must have been others. I can't believe that the children would be home alone all summer, or maybe the GP's did it?

sadnpod-does ST know who watched the children after school and during the summer?

We know about the teenage sitter, but there must have been others. I can't believe that the children would be home alone all summer, or maybe the GP's did it?

He says AC, but he hasnt seen any of them in 2 yrs so I dont think he knows, just guessing I think.

Somer thompson reward increases:
Published: Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 11:32 p.m.
<snipped>
Donations coming in to the Justice Coalition have increased the reward to $48,000 for the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for killing 7-year-old Somer Renee Thompson of Clay County.

Police have been following thousands of leads and ask that people continue calling in with any information about this crime.

Article:
http://www.gainesville.com/article/...makes-off-with-holiday-lights-and-decorations

:angel:

Somer thompson reward increases:
Published: Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 11:32 p.m.
<snipped>
Donations coming in to the Justice Coalition have increased the reward to $48,000 for the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for killing 7-year-old Somer Renee Thompson of Clay County.

Police have been following thousands of leads and ask that people continue calling in with any information about this crime.

Article:
http://www.gainesville.com/article/...makes-off-with-holiday-lights-and-decorations

:angel:

Please God let someone find that money irresistible and turn in that monster(s).

Do they have any real suspects do you think?? It's a shame how people, especially chldren, can just be murdered and no one arrested. Neveah is one I'm thinking of. Geeze. Seemed like a long walk for those kids to walk home on every day. But you'd think somebody would have seen something!!

I thought it was up to 64,000.00? Good morning all.
Good Morning~
According to the Claytoday article it was up to $64,000, but that did not include a $10,000 anonymous donation that was made to the Justice Coalition! With Crimestoppers and the Allied Veterans of the World, and others mentioned it should be $74,000. I don't know why this article is publishing old news of it being $48,000, but they are just talking about Justice Coalition??

Correction: The anonymous donation went to Crimestoppers! So the $64,000 question still stands.
I hope nobody gets it after holding back info this long a time. That would not set a good precedent.

ETA: The mechanics of it are all wrong. It should start at $50,000 and decrease by a $1,000 every day! Until someone decides to talk. TSTB!

That's a waay good idea, houndstooth!
O/T It's just like I've always said about hearing aids. They should take a page from the eyewear industry and make hearing aids a status symbol, complete w/designer endorsements-not try to hide them and make them invisible. They could come in colors, (either to match mood or clothes) and just think of the endorsement possibilities!
After all-we baby boomers are getting older, and we're used to being pandering to. La ti da. IMO, hearing aid industries are missing the boat, entirely.
Hugs. That's your public service announcement for today.

Two nonprofit organizations, the Jacksonville-based Justice Coalition and CrimeStoppers, are offering rewards of $48,000 and $16,000, respectively, for information in the homicide of Somer Thompson.

http://blog.al.com/live/2009/11/somer_thompson_case_reward_ris.html

This was on November 24. I wonder if that part of the post of the story had already been posted and it's the Grinch part from December 10.

Noway - I found the video with that quote.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21353409/index.html

ETA: And you are correct - at about 1:05 is when Jennifer Waugh says Somer preferred to play inside, but she doesn't say who gave her that information, she just says "we're told..."

So we still don't know when DT said it, do we?

I'm still wondering if DT or the grandmother might have just repeated what they had heard the other one say.

I think I thought it was Diena because she was being shown ... duh!

I watched an interview with the grandmother and she was crying and hard to hear/understand. It could just have been from the grandmother.

I think I thought it was Diena because she was being shown ... duh!

I watched an interview with the grandmother and she was crying and hard to hear/understand. It could just have been from the grandmother.

Since so many neighbors said they saw her walking around alone etc I think it is prbly true. What DT told her Mom might just be because she didnt want her mom to think badly of her parenting.. I think we all want mom approve still even when we go up.

Someone refresh my memory on HS. Ive been trying unsucessfully to sleuth this creep. But I dont see his name as in being in the vicinity of somers house. Was he, or we sleuthing him because of the same name thing? Please and TIA!!!

Houndstooth... what a great idea! Ive been of the mindset all along that if someone had info and they wanted the money, why would they come forward when they see all this fundraising going on and the chance that the reward would continue to increase? Doesnt make sense to me. Kudos on that thought!!!

Houndstooth... what a great idea! Ive been of the mindset all along that if someone had info and they wanted the money, why would they come forward when they see all this fundraising going on and the chance that the reward would continue to increase? Doesnt make sense to me. Kudos on that thought!!!

Trust me. For every good idea I've ever had, there have been 2 bad ones in between! Note to self: Dont' type until you've had at least one cup of tea.
Cuts down on editing time!!

I am off to work. I'll check in tonight and see how much moss has been uncovered turning over all the stones!

tara.. any info on this HS creep? Ive missed you on here.. I hope you are well.

I want to be first!

OK. I read on here yesterday that Somer's usual teacher was not at school, and she had a substitute that day? That little tidbit woke me up in the middle of the night.

We had the same wake up. I wonder who this is and if it was a regular sub. I would think LE checked this person out. And thats another thing to add to the list of things that were different that day.

Re Homer Spires go to FDLE search note he is classified as absconded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth