Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that a new clip, as in never seen before? I haven't seen all of them from the past, but it did say it was recorded by someone she was with.

Someone she had met and they did refer to him as a male. I bet he didn't know her for more than 24 hours, the whole filming is just odd to me. Although he was labeled not a suspect. I would love to know where they met....

We all know Dawn and Monica Caison were on the Today show this morning. Here are all of the links to updated news articles since then. They all basically say the same thing, but here are all of them laid out in one post so that you can take a look. The info is worded in various ways, of course. I have started with the most recent at this time.

Mom: Missing Teen Being Held Against Her Will or Dead
Associated Press

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- The mother of a New York teen who was last seen in South Carolina nearly a year ago says she's been told little about new information in the case.

New video of Brittanee Drexel, who was 17 when she was last seen in Myrtle Beach on April 25, 2009, was shown before "Today" show host Matt Lauer interviewed Dawn Drexel, the teen's mother. The video from "Investigation Discovery" shows Drexel the day before her disappearance in a hotel room and texting on her phone.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/10/mom-missing-teen-held-dead/

New Footage of Brittanee Drexel Just Hours Before Her Disappearance
Last Update: 12:38 pm

Myrtle Beach, S.C. - New footage of the missing Chili teen has just been released. Police say it was taken just hours before her disappearance.

In the video you can Brittanee smiling and sending text messages. Police say the guy who was with her shooting this video is not a suspect in her disappearance.

The missing teen's mother, Dawn Drexel, said on Friday’s “Today” show that she’s been told little new information regarding her daughter.

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/st...Just-Hours-Before/7YraLvCk2UGwXEPnSCGwYw.cspx

Mom of N.Y. teen missing in S.C. says she's been told little
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS • April 16, 2010

MYRTLE BEACH -- The mother of a New York teen who was last seen in South Carolina nearly a year ago says she's been told little about new information in the case.

Dawn Drexel told NBC's “Today” show on Friday she thinks police in South Carolina are trying to find her daughter. Brittanee Drexel was last seen leaving a Myrtle Beach hotel April 25, 2009.

Police told a WPDE-TV in Myrtle Beach last week they have identified several people of interest. The Rochester, N.Y., woman says that's also about all police have told her.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/art...n-missing-in-S.C.-says-she-s-been-told-little

Brittanee Drexel's mom says police focus on 3-4 people
Victoria E. Freile • Staff writer • April 16, 2010

Nearly one year after her daughter disappeared while on spring break, Dawn Drexel appeared on Today in New York this morning and spoke with show co-host Matt Lauer about her daughter’s case.

Gates Chili High School student Brittanee Drexel was 17 when she traveled to Myrtle Beach without her parents’ permission last year. She was last seen on hotel surveillance cameras on April 25, 2009. Brittanee’s family and friends have traveled to South Carolina countless times to search for the teen.

Myrtle Beach and Georgetown County, S.C., police investigators said last week they are closing in on several persons of interest in the case. They also indicated that they believe Brittanee is no longer alive.

Dawn Drexel today told Lauer that police have not shared many details about the recent developments in her daughter’s case. She said they told her they are focusing on three or four persons of interest and a location of interest.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...rexel-s-mom-says-police-focus-on-3-4-people-\

New video of missing teen is released
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 9:28 AM EDT
Updated: Apr 16, 2010 9:49 AM EDT

NEW YORK, NY (WMBF) - The mother of a missing New York teen made an appearance on NBC's The Today Show on Friday in an attempt to raise awareness on the case.

New video of Brittanee Drexel, who was 17 when she was last seen in Myrtle Beach on April 25, 2009, preceded Today Show host Matt Lauer's interview with Dawn Drexel, the teen's mother. The video from "Investigation Discovery" shows Brittanee the day before her disappearance in a hotel room and texting on her phone.

Investigators say the video was shot by someone the girl met while on vacation, but they have spoken to that person and he is not a suspect.

Drexel told Lauer that investigators have not shared any information on the persons of interest in the case, nor have they told her there is a location of interest.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12323242

Brittanee Drexel's mother, searcher make national television appearances
Friday, Apr. 16, 2010
Tonya Root - troot@thesunnews.com

The mother of a missing New York teen and the director of a missing persons organization appeared on the "Today" show to discuss developments and search efforts in the case.

Dawn Drexel and Monica Caison spoke to Matt Lauer, host of the "Today" show, on Friday morning during a brief segment about Drexel’s daughter, Brittanee Drexel, who was last seen April 25, 2009, in Myrtle Beach. Caison is director of the Community United Effort Center for Missing Persons located in Wilmington, N.C.

They also will appear on "Inside Edition" set to air at 3 p.m. today, according to a CUE news release.

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/16/1424706/brittanee-drexels-mother-searcher.html

If you home at 3PM today dont forget tune in and see DD and Cue (MC ) on

Monica Caison:
Dawn Drexel and CUE's founder Monica Caison will appear on the Inside Edition showtoday at 3PM or thereafter,concerning the Brittanee Drexel case, tune in if able.

If you home at 3PM today dont forget tune in and see DD and Cue (MC ) on

Monica Caison:
Dawn Drexel and CUE's founder Monica Caison will appear on the Inside Edition showtoday at 3PM or thereafter,concerning the Brittanee Drexel case, tune in if able.

In Roc on at 4:00 on Channel 8

In Roc on at 4:00 on Channel 8

When i posted that earlier (on time) that was copy from CUE website,but now KD has posted on her site the timings,look at quote below!!

Keri Drexel ATTENTION TODAY AT 4PM IN ROCHESTER NY BRITTANEE WILL BE ON INSIDE EDITION SHOW. CHANNEL WROC. FLORIDA'S TIME IS 5:30PM CHANNEL CBS AND VIRGINIA IS 7:30 NBC AND NORTH CAROLINA CHARLOTTE CHANNEL ABC 7PM AND RALEIGH AT 7PM ON CBS. MY PRESS RELEASE WILL BE ON IN FLORIDA AT 5:30PM ON ABC,NBC, FOX 13 FOR BRITTANEE'S OF CARDS IN FLORIDA THAT I GOT HER INTO HERE IN FLORIDA! MORE TO COME! LET'S HELP BRING BRITTANEE HOME!

When i posted that earlier (on time) that was copy from CUE website,but now KD has posted on her site the timings,look at quote below!!

Keri Drexel ATTENTION TODAY AT 4PM IN ROCHESTER NY BRITTANEE WILL BE ON INSIDE EDITION SHOW. CHANNEL WROC. FLORIDA'S TIME IS 5:30PM CHANNEL CBS AND VIRGINIA IS 7:30 NBC AND NORTH CAROLINA CHARLOTTE CHANNEL ABC 7PM AND RALEIGH AT 7PM ON CBS. MY PRESS RELEASE WILL BE ON IN FLORIDA AT 5:30PM ON ABC,NBC, FOX 13 FOR BRITTANEE'S OF CARDS IN FLORIDA THAT I GOT HER INTO HERE IN FLORIDA! MORE TO COME! LET'S HELP BRING BRITTANEE HOME!

Yep, thats right. 4:00 in Rochester on WROC channel 8.

Wait....I thought those cards were already released on March 23rd in SC? Maybe KD is talking about something else??

Anyone know the time/channel for North Jersey/NYC?

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this story from the beginning and have never posted anything. I applaud all of you for your dedication and insight. I am not one to follow stories fervently, but this one I find myself constantly searching for updates.

There has been so much head-scratching info from the get-go. There are a few I just can't seem to shake. One of them is the 9:16 text to JG. I just wonder...not as much about the timeline, but what this text could possibly have said if indeed he became frantic so quickly thereafter. Could she have sent him something to give him some sort of inclination that peril was lurking?

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this story from the beginning and have never posted anything. I applaud all of you for your dedication and insight. I am not one to follow stories fervently, but this one I find myself constantly searching for updates.

There has been so much head-scratching info from the get-go. There are a few I just can't seem to shake. One of them is the 9:16 text to JG. I just wonder...not as much about the timeline, but what this text could possibly have said if indeed he became frantic so quickly thereafter. Could she have sent him something to give him some sort of inclination that peril was lurking?

I have wondered the same thing, that if she was traveling for whatever the case may be, did she let him know that? I think there are many small things that have been omitted from us.

Inside Edition is on at 4:30 here in Albany is anyone is around!

Hi Everyone,

I have wondered the exact same thing, but then I came to the conclusion that in order to develop the timeline, LE had access to B's phone records. That also means that they could either:

a. Read the text and know what it said
or
b. Know who she was texting, and ask him what it said

It seems clear that they would want/need to find out what she was discussing through these messages. I'm sure they found out very early on, too. This leads me to believe that if B hinted at anything going wrong, LE would not have considered a runaway situation at the very beginning.

Does this make sense?

I have wondered the exact same thing, but then I came to the conclusion that in order to develop the timeline, LE had access to B's phone records. That also means that they could either:

a. Read the text and know what it said
or
b. Know who she was texting, and ask him what it said

It seems clear that they would want/need to find out what she was discussing through these messages. I'm sure they found out very early on, too. This leads me to believe that if B hinted at anything going wrong, LE would not have considered a runaway situation at the very beginning.

Does this make sense?

I don't think they can actually read a text though. My aunt keeps close tabs on her 16 year old... through AT&T she can see all of her inbound and outbound text but she can't read them. The police will have more push than my aunt but I don't know technology wise if they can read them. Good question though Lindsay would love to know the answer to it.

The texts should have been available to read on JG's phone...He should have had both incoming and outgoing. Most phones allow 100 each way until it's full and has to be deleted.

ETA: I should have said the texts between JG & BD should have been available...

The texts should have been available to read on JG's phone...He should have had both incoming and outgoing. Most phones allow 100 each way until it's full and has to be deleted.

ETA: I should have said the texts between JG & BD should have been available...

Great point.... I wonder how much he has shared with LE. I doubt he was really questioned except for the bare minimum. I agree with all though... for some reason he was very concerned quickly.

Yes, the texts probably would have been available on JG's phone if they hadn't already been pushed out due to other incoming texts. It seems that it would have registered in his mind to keep the texts if it registered so quickly that something was wrong.

Either way, I don't think JG had anything to do with this, and thus would have been very honest and straightforward about the content of the texts when asked (obviously he was asked).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998