NY - Rabbi Gershon Kranczer & Sons Accused of Sexually Abusing Girls, Brooklyn, 2010

This is horrible
I'm just so sad tonight and frustrated at all these kinds of stories
I was sexually abused for about 6 years of my life and am going through the court stuff now
And i'm just having such a hard time tonight and then i come on and read this
It's sick
These horrible sex monsters don't even realize how much they RUIN our lives!!!!
It forever changes a person........
Ughhhhhhhhhhh..........
i feel sick about it all tonight.....

soyesterday--You have my (((hugs))) and my prayers. You are a brave person, indeed, to go forward. It's the only door to becoming a survivor, IMO.

I'll be thinking of you.

LCoastMom--It's total denial--exactly like in the case I sited above--the one about Rabbi Mondrowitz. The children and teens who spoke out were silenced or shouted down. They were told to move on, forget, forgive. It's inexcusable, IMO. It doesn't seem to matter if it's the Jewish, Catholic, Mormon, or any organized faith or path--the predators all seem to use the same playbook. I'm sad to say that we could almost use a template to write these threads, just changing the names.

As we sit here writing about these men, I am certain that they are preying on new victims in Israel. Most likely not many Israelis will have heard of this case and the Rabbi and his son will be respected for their fine work. This will open doors for them. They will be invited to stay in family homes and they will offend again.

ICE arrested Silverman. I'm really hoping they are after the Rabbi Kranczer.

1216104.png

Here we go... A photo of the alleged perp. "Rabbi Kranczer"

The hunt for Kranczer comes at a time when federal agencies are taking a more proactive approach to prosecuting abuse in the Orthodox community. In Brooklyn last year, about 25 Orthodox men were arrested on sex abuse charges.

This year in Lakewood, New Jersey, a predominantly Orthodox community, the local prosecutor has launched 29 sex crime investigations.

According to law enforcement officials in New Jersey and New York, more Orthodox abuse victims are coming forward than ever before. But perhaps more importantly, sexual abuse itself, once taboo, has become an increasingly talked about issue within the Orthodox world. Just a couple of months ago, two of the country’s largest and most influential Orthodox organizations, the Rabbinical Council of America and the Orthodox Union, co-sponsored America’s first National Jewish Child Abuse Prevention Week.

http://privateinvesigations.blogspot.com/2010/12/orthodox-jews-begin-to-reckon-with.html

Very good article on the troubling situation -

OK this is the second place I've read this - call it a rumor but I hope it's true:

New York City children's services officials reportedly removed the minor children from the home (JTA)

http://www.sajewishreport.co.za/pdf/latest_issue/NJWED00708.pdf

A spokeswoman for the Administration for Children’s Services would not comment on any visits to the home because of the investigation. She said the agency was in the process of taking some of the children from the house and was “working to ensure the safety of all the children.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/04/nyregion/04family.html?src=twrhp

I read an article in MSM - dealing with changes within the Orthodox Jewish Community and Child Sexual Abuse that I wanted to quote (so I didn't mess it up) I can't find it now so I'll quote the following that states the same just not quite as well as the first one:

“Breaking the Silence: Sexual Abuse in the Jewish Community.”

It is the first extensive treatment of sexual abuse among Jews aimed at a religious audience, and it faces the explosive topic head on — from advice on contacting police to filing abuse reports to halachic arguments about why reporting molesters is in keeping with Jewish law...

“There’s been some kind of tipping point that’s been reached,” said Dr. Pelcovitz. The book, he explained “reflects the openness, I’m seeing the default setting seems to be shifting to action rather than denial. People have come to an understanding that responding to the issue of abuse, both in supporting the victims of abuse and dealing with the perpetrators is much more important than the issue of shame and stigma.”

http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/failed_messiahcom/2010/10/has-the-haredi-communitys-silence-on-child-sexual-abuse-been-broken-567.html

One thing of interest this article uses is changes with the Catholic Church has aided in making changes in the Orthodox Community

Hasidic Rabbi, Sons Accused of Sexually Abusing Girls

We kno the story so I sniped the bottom of this articel.

State Assemblyman Dov Hikind, whose districts include many of the ultra-Orthodox neighborhoods, discussed sexual abuse among members of the insular world of ultra-Orthodox Jews on a radio show in 2008, prompting dozens of listeners to come forward with stories of abuse. Critics have said sex abuse claims are sometimes handled quietly in Orthodox rabbinical courts, rather than being reported to authorities.

As a result, the state earmarked about $1 million to fund Hikind's plans to teach Hasidic Jews to speak up against child molestation. Prosecutors, counselors and religious leaders in Brooklyn banded together last year to form a program to combat sexual abuse in the community. A hot line was established where victims can call and speak with a "culturally sensitive" social worker.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/loc...cused-of-sexually-abusing-girls-20101203-apx#

It is good that money is set aside but to what? is my question. IMHO there should be a study of:
WHY religious leaders in all faiths do such horrific things, which are in fact totally against any religion.
A course can be developed to train them HOW to seek help if they feel an urge to go against all human decency.
:( Sadly I think some of this bad behavior is a result of mental imbalance.
:( also - it goes on in politics too, where it is more hushed, part of the game in the secret societies.

I keep on searching for an update on this story.
But sadly I cant find any.
I wonder if they have been found and brought back to the US.

Songline--He's not forgotten by me. I check the news at least 3 times each week for him. He's on my "list". I'm certain that he'll be found at some point. We had a man, a child therapist, from our town abscond to Israel just before he was set to go to prison for the sexual abuse of developmentally disabled therapy clients. It took 9 years to find him in Netanya but Interpol never gave up. They got very tricky and followed his wife to a secret visit and nabbed him as he exited his house to greet her.

Israel cooperated and immediately jailed the man but they had to change the current laws about extradition as the laws only covered those convicted of abusing girls. Samuel Arthur Silverman of Ashland, Oregon is the reason those Israeli laws now also cover the abuse of males on extradition charges. He's currently doing his time in an Oregon prison.

Don't give up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back