IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I have a real problem with someone saying that one of the POI's that we have been discussing and his friend are construction workers, then that someone runs off when asked a point blank question. Sorry, that just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I think I can answer this just from reading the threads. I think he is referring to the "website" CR did as required by every IU student. It may or may not be fictional, as i think LS's web page was about owning a bakery. IIRC, he said construction was a a family business & MB worked for him. I'll come back with the link!

We have been discussing this for a very long time, but police have already said they don't think the witness saw LS at 3:38 am. So what is the point of discussing it as if it happened?

If you can find a link the the PC addressing this, I belive the LE said they did not have video evidence to confirm or support this sighting. That's very different from saying it never happened.

Also, since we are on the topic, the "mystery man" in the 3:38 sighting is only a mystery to us, the general public. LE said "that individual is known to us" or some such thing.

Qualters sure can say a lot with out saying much of anything, if you know what I mean.

Thanks, that is what I was asking. Have we determined that it was a wristlet which likely held her cellphone? Minor point, but for me it explains leaving the cellphone behind and not retrieving it before Kilroy's closed. She might have thought it was in the wristlet. Otherwise, I'm more likely to consider her impaired. It also means that it was not likely to be in the pocket of the wrap/jacket/sweater. Small points but as the wrap has not been found aparently, it adds to discussion.

It is said in MSM that it was a "coin purse."

In her last seen photo it does look like she is carrying something in her left hand. Hard to say what it is. She's wearing something on her right wrist.

So if her car keys are attached to this wristlet, how does that work?

And if she doesn't have a car (which is debatable imo), why/whose keys is she carrying?

What most interests me is if her IDs were taken. Because this would mean someone has her info, potentially including where she lives.

Not too far away.

No, I wouldn't say I know for certain but I have extreme doubts. But besides that, do you have some theory as to why it would matter how she got in there?

I'm not even sure it matters how she got in, or that she was there.

Several posts though seem adamant that she should not be allowed in a bar because she's 20.

Since laws vary by state, pointing out that you don't have to be 21 to go to the bars in Indiana, posting the relevant Indiana Code, and adding personal experience with it seems appropriate, don't you think?

If you can find a link the the PC addressing this, I belive the LE said they did not have video evidence to confirm or support this sighting. That's very different from saying it never happened.

Also, since we are on the topic, the "mystery man" in the 3:38 sighting is only a mystery to us, the general public. LE said "that individual is known to us" or some such thing.

Qualters sure can say a lot with out saying much of anything, if you know what I mean.

There are links to this press-conference all over the threads. The links have been posted numerous times, and obviously people interpret what he said differently. I've already expressed my opinion on what he said, and I do not agree with the interpretation that LE just doesn't have video to confirm it but believe it happened.

Gosh it feels like we're all grasping at straws now. Feels like we got nothun'.

Gosh it feels like we're all grasping at straws now. Feels like we got nothun'.

It's case we don't have any new info, and LE stopped giving out even the small amount of info they had been giving out before.

I chalk that up to bad writing skills by whomever.

Also, men are just realllly bad at fashion.

:D

Try this next time you are out with some male buds. Watch as a hot girl walks by. Take mental notes. 10 minutes later, ask "what was she wearing?"

Do this with female friends? They may even be able to name the designer.

I thought Qualters was really awkward and stilted when it came to describing the clothes BTW. The picture really was worth a thousand words!

Try this next time you are out with some male buds. Watch as a hot girl walks by. Take mental notes. 10 minutes later, ask "what was she wearing?"

Ok, that tickled my funny bone. So true. Us men are bad at that.

Thanks for the laugh. :floorlaugh:

It's case we don't have any new info, and LE stopped giving out even the small amount of info they had been giving out before.

I know. I was just emoting. It's frustrating. But it's interesting to observe the process as my first time Websleuthing. The ups and downs...highs and lows. Participation and types of questions, etc. :)

I thought Qualters was really awkward and stilted when it came to describing the clothes BTW. The picture really was worth a thousand words!

I was afraid to say the same thing earlier because I might offend a guy on the board. Too much political correctness in my world.

Wonder if the men would prefer to call the butterfly sleeves bat wing sleeves?

I was afraid to say the same thing earlier because I might offend a guy on the board. Too much political correctness in my world.

We still wouldn't know what it is.

Lauren would likely appreciate this fashion discussion.

There are links to this press-conference all over the threads. The links have been posted numerous times, and obviously people interpret what he said differently. I've already expressed my opinion on what he said, and I do not agree with the interpretation that LE just doesn't have video to confirm it but believe it happened.

Ahh, but that is what is so compelling about WS, yes? The idea that two human brains can see and hear and read and process the exact same thing and come to differing conclusions.

To believe, or not to believe, that is the question.

I realize you're making a joke above, my point is how can you mistake a tank top for a shirt with sleeves to the elbow when you have at least 3 separate videos? It honestly made me question whether or not she is even the girl in the alley walking north.

Edit- Hmm, looks like the initial description included a loose, light colored button shirt over the tank top. I'll suspend my disbelief that they could be this wrong now ;)
Edit2- Could the "button shirt" be the jacket we've seen her holding?

That's fine in the case of male friends, but since I've seen that picture of her I've been saying that LS looks like she is wearing a men's, white v-neck undershirt. It's probably a men's size medium or large based on the way it fits her and her size. It just seems kind of crappy that that info would be incorrect There could be the tee-shirt laying anywhere now and people would just assume "eh, not the right shirt" because it's not a women's shirt and it doesn't fit the broad, strange description that they've been giving out.

LS's dress has always made me scratch my head. It REALLY does not look like an outfit put together to go out for the night, just to hang out, honestly.

I'm not even sure it matters how she got in, or that she was there.

Several posts though seem adamant that she should not be allowed in a bar because she's 20.

Since laws vary by state, pointing out that you don't have to be 21 to go to the bars in Indiana, posting the relevant Indiana Code, and adding personal experience with it seems appropriate, don't you think?

I can understand it more as an aside than directly relevant. I can't imagine any scenario where it would play a factor here. But you are correct in pointing out that in some situations someone under the age of 21 could legally be in a bar.

I can understand it more as an aside than directly relevant. I can't imagine any scenario where it would play a factor here. But you are correct in pointing out that in some situations someone under the age of 21 could legally be in a bar.

Fair enough.

:Banane35:

:happy4th:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads