LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - it's been talked to death. I feel like we are lost in a forest and have ended up back at the same spot over and over and over and over.........

Agree. With the focus on the white truck, Mickey is all but forgotten! I want to know if that cemetery was completely searched, including crypts and tombs that have weathered closures, loose stones.

Who knows. I hit a curb there the other night while trying to drive and sleuth at the same time :D and a few people were peaking out of their houses when they heard it. But this is also after the fact, so people are probably more suspicious of what they hear now.

How old were these houses? Newer, sealed, double-pane window construction? Older? A mix?

Ah, sorry. That's what I get for clicking "reply" and not checking out who I'm replying to. :blushing:

From University to Blackham Coliseum, though, is there a bike path available? I haven't ridden that area, but I'm trying to figure out if she'd have tried to get to it to be on a main road.

No, there are designated bike lanes on Johnston St (that are very narrow and sporadic) and then the bike path starts on the edge of Coliseum Rd and Johnston and goes parallel to Cajundome Blvd until Congress St.

But it was late. if people are in bed with A/C running and house sealed up tight, very possible for a collision and no one heard a thing.

Whoever talked about bloodhounds is 100% correct.

They need to block those streets - Brashear - St.Landry, maybe others? RIGHT AWAY, before the next rain (has only rained once since then) and sniff out if there was a point she hit the ground.

They better hurry; rain chances tomorrow. I hear thunder outside right now.

Looks like there is a high fence there as you enter that street.

Ok first post. I own a couple of Z71s, and no they aren't white, and they are in Hsv. Al. I can say with 110% certainty that the truck behind this young lady is a 2007 and up Chevy Sliverado Z71 4x4. Mine have identical wheels, if LE has tire tracks those wheel are 18inch alloys and come with Bridgestone Dueler tires. It is not a GMC, the Sierras have different wheels, also the grill and headlights are different. This is my first post and when I figure out how to post or link pics I will try and put them side by side.

*Waves to Everyone*

We have a poster here, who posted last night, who said both white trucks pictured by the Circle K are the same (contrary to what's being said here, now). He said he is in graphics and software at a professional level and took the photos apart. What's your opinion on the two photos going in opposite directions?

If they would just methodically comb those few blocks with bloodhounds I believe we would know exactly where she went down.

I totally agree with this, and needed to emphasize my "agree" :rocker:

Agree. With the focus on the white truck, Mickey is all but forgotten! I want to know if that cemetery was completely searched, including crypts and tombs that have weathered closures, loose stones.

Yes - what else can be said about the white truck? We need to find Mickey!

How old were these houses? Newer, sealed, double-pane window construction? Older? A mix?

Most houses in that area are older--50s-70s. Not sure about the ones on Brashear in particular, but in the St. Streets area in general the homes are older.

Yes thats it. I noticed the one that is being looked for appears to have black mirrors and door handles like the one you have posted. That is an LT model Silverado and not an LTZ which has chrome mirrors, door handles and more interior goodies. That would narrow it down a little registration wise I would think. I know it does insurance wise. Does La have mandatory insurance? Might not be a point, because if it's financed the driver would have to have insurance on it. If you see one on the street though the only way to tell is by the chrome accessories or LT/LTZ will be on the lower right of the tailgate.

I know I am a minority but I dislike forums...they get opened and things seem to slow down, maybe from a lack of general discussion thread. I know I seldom post on them, but that is JMO.
At first, when they start, after lots of hot action on a common thread where everyone's in there all at once, it disorients me. But I've come to like them - not totally sold, but I did think, on the Zahra Baker case, say, as an example - that they improved the quality of the discourse.

Now, on the Holly Bobo threads we've both been on since the beginning, I think it should probably just stick to one common thread, given the absolute paucity of info over the last year. With Mickey's case, I'm convinced, it's going to be better, or at least I'm praying it will. LE has held a couple very good pressers already, and the local media is in there getting the info out too.

I forget where the the next camera was that Mickey should have been seen on. If it was further down Landry, she could have been hit anywhere along there. It doesn't mean she turned down Brashear. Or is the camera right after Brashear? If the truck turned down Brashear then that helps break down the neighbourhood it was headed to.

I think it's 224 St. Landry

Yes thats it. I noticed the one that is being looked for appears to have black mirrors and door handles like the one you have posted. That is an LT model Silverado and not an LTZ which has chrome mirrors, door handles and more interior goodies. That would narrow it down a little registration wise I would think. I know it does insurance wise. Does La have mandatory insurance? Might not be a point, because if it's financed the driver would have to have insurance on it. If you see one on the street though the only way to tell is by the chrome accessories or LT/LTZ will be on the lower right of the tailgate.

Yes, mandatory insurance...but I'm not sure it will narrow down the search *that* much. Most of the ones I've seen have had black and not chrome.

It's houses. A nice little residential area. There are traffic barriers about halfway down Brashear, but a bike can easily go right through or around them and come out onto Johnston st where it seems she was headed because it has a bike lane.

If someone was following me, it would be logical to go down Brashear, beacause of the traffic barriers. She could have easily biked through them and a truck couldn't.

What is this Svengali-like hold that white trucks have over the men of Lafayette that makes them think of purchasing nothing else but these white trucks? They aren't attractive in any way. The vast majority have never carried more than a potted plant in the bed, gone more off road than a gravel parking lot, or ever hauled anything.

We have a Silverado crew cab but it's red, not white. And, the reason we have it is b/c it was a gift! And you hit the nail on the head about the other things--exept not EVEN a potted plant. I'm no gardener.

Truck's a lot faster than a bike. If she veered left to cross St. Landry, entered Brashear, but hadn't fully gotten over to the right after crossing St. Landry, the truck could have swooped left - drunk - and plastered her.

Would there have been anyone to hear/see, in the first half-block of Brashear?

On google maps, I see what appear to be houses on either side of Brashear at St. Landry. I can't believe no one would have seen/heard something if that's where it happened. I still think she tried to escape through the parking lot on the right and cut over to Azalea. That's what I would have done if I thought someone was following me there.

Just out of curiosity...does anyone know her intoxication level, if any, that night? Not that it matters much because she isn't with her family. I was just curious about ability to bike.

Truck's a lot faster than a bike. If she veered left to cross St. Landry, entered Brashear, but hadn't fully gotten over to the right after crossing St. Landry, the truck could have swooped left - drunk - and plastered her.

Would there have been anyone to hear/see, in the first half-block of Brashear?

But wouldn't that kind of an accident leave a lot of tiny evidence spread out? The plastic light covers from the bike would have shattered all over the pavement, for example. And it would have been pretty loud too. It is hard to imagine that a deadly accident would not have left forensic evidence that wouldn't have been found already. imo

I don't think a drunk or panicked driver would be able to scoop up every single shard or piece of evidence before driving off.

eta: But I do think an experienced predator could do a quiet, clean bump and run.

But it was late. if people are in bed with A/C running and house sealed up tight, very possible for a collision and no one heard a thing.

Whoever talked about bloodhounds is 100% correct.

They need to block those streets - Brashear - St.Landry, maybe others? RIGHT AWAY, before the next rain (has only rained once since then) and sniff out if there was a point she hit the ground.

They better hurry; rain chances tomorrow. I hear thunder outside right now.

Lots of elderly and college kid. The former may not hear well and the latter may not notice or care much when it comes to street noises.

But if someone is following you, isn't it scarier to turn into a deserted parking lot ? They can follow you into the lot and you are trapped and away from other cars or people, imo.

I don't buy into the whole "she knew she was being followed" assumption or idea. For one, I follow lots of people. All the time. And women (sorry, no offense intended) are just not observant at all of whats going on around or behind them. Again, no offense. Just statistics :p

Second, from camera A to camera B and the time it took her according to the police, she was traveling at an average speed.

Third, in the photo of her she doesn't appear to be hauling *advertiser censored* and riding for her life. She looks to be casually riding by.

Fourth, if she thought someone was following her she most likely would've just turned into the parking lot where there were lights and people around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10