LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity...does anyone know her intoxication level, if any, that night? Not that it matters much because she isn't with her family. I was just curious about ability to bike.

BW said she didn't drink that night.

I'll probably get slapped for this... but for the first time I'm doing some street-view work does any know off the top of their head the address of the camera that last saw Mickey? I thought there was one more after Circle K?

Thanks...

Just out of curiosity...does anyone know her intoxication level, if any, that night? Not that it matters much because she isn't with her family. I was just curious about ability to bike.

She was not drinking that night, but she MIGHT have smoked a little pot, according to some speculation. She did have a pot pipe in her backpack, apparently.

What is this Svengali-like hold that white trucks have over the men of Lafayette that makes them think of purchasing nothing else but these white trucks? They aren't attractive in any way. The vast majority have never carried more than a potted plant in the bed, gone more off road than a gravel parking lot, or ever hauled anything.

It's not just there....you can't swing a stick in my neighborhood here in Dallas Ft. Worth without hitting one. White is the only vehicle color that doesn't bug me sooner or later...

Google will tell you that white is the highest selling pickup color so it's really not that astonishing.

If someone was following me, it would be logical to go down Brashear, beacause of the traffic barriers. She could have easily biked through them and a truck couldn't.

Unless they were coming right up behind you and blocking you from making that left onto Brashear. Then your only choice would be the parking lot to the right (LUS I think?) and cut over to Azalea.

I don't buy into the whole "she knew she was being followed" assumption or idea. For one, I follow lots of people. All the time. And women (sorry, no offense intended) are just not observant at all of whats going on around or behind them. Again, no offense. Just statistics :p

Second, from camera A to camera B and the time it took her according to the police, she was traveling at an average speed.

Third, in the photo of her she doesn't appear to be hauling *advertiser censored* and riding for her life. She looks to be casually riding by.

Fourth, if she thought someone was following her she most likely would've just turned into the parking lot where there were lights and people around.

I don't think she knew she was being followed either. I am just stumped as to why she'd change her normal route all of a sudden. :waitasec:

Just pulled up the Whiskey Bay camera, there is a white truck there now with a few people moving around it. But the camera feed immediately goes out with "feed temporarily unavailable" message. I have to keep reloading but I then I lose it again. But then again, there are probably 20+ white trucks there everyday.

Can anyone say whether the ONE truck is dwfinately without a doubt a z71?

They had the wrong type of car at first. Got the right one and it panned out. So IF they have the wrong make and model of the truck that dwfinately hurts progress here.

I keep saying the truck looks like a Dodge ram quad cab. IS ANYONE REALLY WILLING TO BETMONEY THAT IT IS NOT?

Just having checked out Brashear on Street-View, those houses are right up on the curb with old thin windows, I have a hard time believing anything went down on at least the upper half of Brashear near St. Landry without someone hearing something.

What is this Svengali-like hold that white trucks have over the men of Lafayette that makes them think of purchasing nothing else but these white trucks? They aren't attractive in any way. The vast majority have never carried more than a potted plant in the bed, gone more off road than a gravel parking lot, or ever hauled anything.

LOL, I don't get it either. I guess the white is good in the heat. But is everyone hauling stuff around???

Just having checked out Brashear on Street-View, those houses are right up on the curb with old thin windows, I have a hard time believing anything went down on at least the upper half of Brashear near St. Landry without someone hearing something.

Where was it that we heard reports of a scream?

But wouldn't that kind of an accident leave a lot of tiny evidence spread out? The plastic light covers from the bike would have shattered all over the pavement, for example. And it would have been pretty loud too. It is hard to imagine that a deadly accident would not have left forensic evidence that wouldn't have been found already. imo

I don't think a drunk or panicked driver would be able to scoop up every single shard or piece of evidence before driving off.

eta: But I do think an experienced predator could do a quiet, clean bump and run.

A drunk driver could have clipped her just enough to spill the bike and fatally injure her in the headlong fall. There wouldn't necessarily be a lot of debris - but a dog SHOULD be able to alert on it if she hit the ground.

ACI thank you so much ITA!!

BTW, I would spot a follower in no time. :D I am woman hear me roar lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Right. Like I said, I hit a curb there the other night. Not terribly loud. But it still got people to look out their windows. But I think this neighborhood is where SOMETHING went down, whatever it was.

They had the wrong type of car at first. Got the right one and it panned out. So IF they have the wrong make and model of the truck that dwfinately hurts progress here.

I keep saying the truck looks like a Dodge ram quad cab. IS ANYONE REALLY WILLING TO BET MONEYBET MONEY THAT IT IS NOT?

We still don't know what type of car it was. It may not have been an Olds, though I'm convinced it is. But I'm glad that it was found. Wish it had been more quickly, but we don't know what led them to the car. At least it's off the list!

I keep saying the truck looks like a Dodge ram quad cab. IS ANYONE REALLY WILLING TO BETMONEY THAT IT IS NOT?

Check out my post to you back there with a comparison photo:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7985681&postcount=133"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012: #13[/ame]

I'm just spent about 40 min catching up? Didn't someone say that there were cops on foot near Henry & St. Julien and the gate to Coliseum Road was locked.

Could be. I was near there after 3. Two cops came my way smiling and told me to be careful. By the time I was there, Coliseum Road was open. I had to use it to get to where I was going. I admit to turning around when I saw a white truck since noone else was there. When I passed the funeral home there were two empty police cars so I guess the police were inside talking to the owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304