Canada - Robert White for building dungeon in kidnap plot, Pickering, Ont, 2011

You're right ~n/t~, this is more than just a nut case.

confinement%2520room%25201.jpg

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/photo-galleries/confinement-room-court-exhibit-photos-1.949977

Let's see, chains, cemented-in windows, cemented in doors, bolt locks, etc. And for this the guy is going to get 2 years at most. :maddening:

I understand he didn't actually do anything, but it is still infuriating. This guy is a danger. Imagine how his ex-wives and his planned victim will feel when he gets out!

He admitted that he wanted to kidnap the friend of his ex-wife who was helping her emotionally and financially after she left him. What a freak. I hope he gets the maximum sentence. JMO

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/cri...ds-guilty-after-building-dungeon-in-farmhouse

What a laugh.

All the Crown is asking is for 2 years less a day which will be served in a provincial facility.

He would be eligible for parole after serving 1 /3 of his sentence.

He would also be eligible for release after serving 2/3 of his sentence.

What a laugh.

All the Crown is asking is for 2 years less a day which will be served in a provincial facility.

He would be eligible for parole after serving 1 /3 of his sentence.

He would also be eligible for release after serving 2/3 of his sentence.

Sickening!

Sickening!

Exactly,its not as tho he was going to just sit the woman down and lecture her!.
I really think this woman had she been kidnapped would have been severely tortured and repeatedly raped.And if she died i dont think he would stop at just her.Especially the way the chains are placed.
I dunno,thats a hella lot of work gone into the construction of this bunker for just one go if you know what i mean.
And at the age he is i doubt this would be his first time..

Exactly,its not as tho he was going to just sit the woman down and lecture her!.
I really think this woman had she been kidnapped would have been severely tortured and repeatedly raped.And if she died i dont think he would stop at just her.Especially the way the chains are placed.
I dunno,thats a hella lot of work gone into the construction of this bunker for just one go if you know what i mean.
And at the age he is i doubt this would be his first time..

I agree. No doubt he would have done the same with her children.

If they count the time he has been in custody then he would be eligible for parole about the same time he gets sentenced next month..

Star Exclusive: Pickering dungeon builder Robert White explains his motivations

In an exclusive 30-minute interview, White said he has finally learned, with devastating clarity, about the man he used to be. And that former self — a bitter soul driven by a misplaced anger and suppressed pain — is gone, he insisted.

Much of his bitterness came from the ruins of his marriage, he said. He once tried to build a family. When that crumbled, he began to build a dungeon.

much more at the link

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/cri...builder-robert-white-explains-his-motivations

This guy is scary and in my opinion should never be let out of prison. I think the next time, he will succeed. I don't believe prison changed him to a better person. No way.

I feel really bad for the women and children in this case. This is just terrible.

This guy could be out in a month or immediately.
It is difficult to reconcile the many sides of Robert White. He is a devout Mormon who has admitted to soliciting prostitutes. His parents describe him as a loving father but the courts have found reason to deny him custody of his two children. He claims to have been a loving and caring husband; his ex-wife, however, accuses him of being an abuser.

White — a balding man with narrow shoulders and a hangdog posture — describes himself as a coward.

“I have had low self-esteem my whole life. I have been a coward my whole life,” he says, leaning forward in his chair. “I have taken my pain and buried it here” — he gestures at his heart — “and it has turned into bitterness.”

White was born in the Parry Sound area and moved to Toronto in 1995, where he joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/cri...builder-robert-white-explains-his-motivations

I'm worried he will kill his ex-wife or her friend. You can't put so much time, effort and energy (NEGATIVE energy) into building a torture dungeon and just fluff that off. He has a history of anger management. Get these women into a protection program or this will end up very badly. JMO

Star Exclusive: Pickering dungeon builder Robert White explains his motivations

much more at the link

This guy is scary and in my opinion should never be let out of prison. I think the next time, he will succeed. I don't believe prison changed him to a better person. No way.

I agree with you....I feel he is saying the words that will help him get a lesser sentence. I would fear for my life if I was this woman, even his mother described how he stopped talking and watched the 2 women walk out of court.....he still has hatred in him for his ex's friend....IMO he is going to snap when he gets out!!!

This has terrified me since I saw it on the news and it terrifies me still. He'll be out of jail soon unless he can be charged with arson and that sounds unlikely or they already would have. Can you imagine the fear these women feel, especially Gwen Armstrong? She'll never be the same again. She'll always be looking over her shoulder. So will his ex wife. What are they going to do now? Live their lives in hiding? He says he is a changed man but people don't change.

Confinement room builder Robert White jailed 16 more months

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/cri...om-builder-robert-white-jailed-16-more-months

Robert Edwin White demonstrated an “appalling error in judgment” when he built a dungeon in an abandoned Pickering farmhouse, an Ontario Court judge said Thursday as she sentenced him to two years less a day in jail.

Ontario Court Justice Mary Teresa Devlin said that White’s sentence — the maximum that can be served in a provincial jail — should send a clear message that “building a prison cell as part of a plan to kidnap and confine a person is not tolerable conduct.”

“The sentence must also send a clear message to Mr. White that his criminal behaviour was wrong and has caused considerable emotional distress to (his victims),” Devlin said.

“The sentence must also rehabilitate Mr. White by holding him accountable so that he can learn from his appalling error in judgment.”

Dressed in a black leather jacket and blue jeans, the 45-year-old man closed his eyes and took a deep breath as Devlin announced his sentence.

He will be given credit for the 235 days he has already spent in pre-trial custody, however, meaning White now faces another 16 months in jail.

I am sure that this is not the last we will hear of this dangerous individual. He will spend his prison time meticulously plotting and fantasizing his revenge. His ex-wives and children and Mrs. Armstrong's family will all be potential targets. I wonder if he has ever killed any of their pets?

MOO

I agree with you....I feel he is saying the words that will help him get a lesser sentence. I would fear for my life if I was this woman, even his mother described how he stopped talking and watched the 2 women walk out of court.....he still has hatred in him for his ex's friend....IMO he is going to snap when he gets out!!!

BBM

No, it says his mother stopped talking and watched them walk away.

Snipped from above link.

She said she has had plenty of time to reflect on her son’s actions. She believes he became desperate, but declined to say why.

When Armstrong and Gallagher walk past her in the courthouse corridor, however, White suddenly stops talking and follows their movements with her eyes.“I can understand why he did it,” she said slowly, before trailing off. “Life is so strange. You just don’t know.”

She's seeing what *I* see. . . Armstrong has firm control of Gallager as they walk, Gallager isn't the one 'hanging on'~! Women can be 'contollers' too you know and I'm seeing that Ms. Gallager needs to find a new 'friend'. :moo::moo:
I agree that he has a problem and needs some serious counseling, but he didn't stand a chance in that marriage from day #1. :moo:
Armstrong introduced them, Armstrong was there when babies were delivered and Armstrong took over even until now~ Poor lady.

BBM

No, it says his mother stopped talking and watched them walk away.

Snipped from above link.

She said she has had plenty of time to reflect on her son’s actions. She believes he became desperate, but declined to say why.

When Armstrong and Gallagher walk past her in the courthouse corridor, however, White suddenly stops talking and follows their movements with her eyes.“I can understand why he did it,” she said slowly, before trailing off. “Life is so strange. You just don’t know.”

She's seeing what *I* see. . . Armstrong has firm control of Gallager as they walk, Gallager isn't the one 'hanging on'~! Women can be 'contollers' too you know and I'm seeing that Ms. Gallager needs to find a new 'friend'. :moo::moo:
I agree that he has a problem and needs some serious counseling, but he didn't stand a chance in that marriage from day #1. :moo:
Armstrong introduced them, Armstrong was there when babies were delivered and Armstrong took over even until now~ Poor lady.

Bottom portion BBM

What are you looking at? That one picture w/ the friend holding onto Gallager's arm?? IMO every woman deserves a friend that will stick by you and hold you up when you need it. Same goes for being there when kids are born.
You say you agree that he has "problems" and needs "counseling" How long for therapy? Should it be years? It took him years to get to this angry place in his life. His problem is that he got caught! He hid the dungeon, he torched it after it was found, not knowing if LE was staking it out. He took desperate risks to cover his "problem". IMO he's dangerous. He is only saying self preserving words because he thought it sounded better than the hate that built up for YEARS. that does'nt just go away cause your thrown in jail for a few months.
Maybe he should serve his time tied down in a dungeon such as the one he fantisized about, planned, acted and then built, then torched. Maybe 16 months there would make him see how scared these women are and should be. IMO
It freaks me out that he will be out in less than 2 years. Just enough time to build up another plan. Just enough time to get that anger rolling again. He's a self proclaimed "coward" IMO he can't/won't let that go cause now evrybody who comes across him will look at him like a coward. He'll have something to prove when he gets out. Can you imagine what that will do to his anger/bitterness?
jmo
I'm sorry but it's not just about the actual dungeon. It's about what he planned or thought was gonna happen after he got the woman in there. If he just wanted her out of their life, planning and executing murder might have been a simpler quicker plan. imo. He was excited to control something cause he's never had the back bone to stand up and act like a man. This was going to be his way of showing everyone that he had balls. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back