Please Consider this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your rules but my e-mail address isn't anonymous.

I think what is meant by anonymous is the fact that some e-mail providers allow you to sign up for a free account with dummy info. Although this doesn't mean you would necessarily do that, the fact is you can and there's no way to know if the info is real or dummy.

Some of these providers also have a universal IP number which isn't helpful in locating a troublemaker. It's not impossible to track someone if they use anonymous services - but it can be made a lot harder (and expensive) to do so.

My understanding is that the e-mails which are considered "anonymous" are Hotmail, Gmail, AOL etc.

I agree that you have done nothing to create the situation. I just undertstand that harrasment by those who would come only to be hateful trolls have to be stopped. I personally went through living hell thanks to one in particular, the grief was not bearable. I am sure more than one forum member remembers that. I am grateul that they were able to stop that for me and double grateful they did. Sorry that hurts good people .

Are you referring to the hot one by any chance? I believe that he is posting on another forum. I based my opinion on several things:-

1) the fact that the hat at the other forum referred specifically (and mischieviously) to the hat here in one of his posts
2) the fact that very similar statements were made by both posters
3) the fact that both posters made the same spelling error
4) one other reason

I consider it odd that this person would post as a particularly vicious RDI here and a vehement IDI on another forum. To me, that is game-playing and a sign of a sick mind.

I did "challenge" the poster at the other forum and he denied it (of course) .... but, he thinks that the first three reasons were all I was going on.

However, the following facts should be noted:-

1) This person posted several images at the other forum
2) Images have properties
3) An active member's e-mail addy can be downloaded by other members if that setting is not disabled
4) I'm not a betting girl, but I'd put money on them being the same person!

What interests me is the high regard that many (most?) of the IDI posters at the other forum have for this guy. I'm not sure whether they just accept his Ramsey devotion as given and that's enough or whether they don't care about his game playing or whether they do know abut his game playing and approve of it.

I'm glad this forum weeds out the troublemakers and sees them off :)

I think what is meant by anonymous is the fact that some e-mail providers allow you to sign up for a free account with dummy info. Although this doesn't mean you would necessarily do that, the fact is you can and there's no way to know if the info is real or dummy.

Some of these providers also have a universal IP number which isn't helpful in locating a troublemaker. It's not impossible to track someone if they use anonymous services - but it can be made a lot harder (and expensive) to do so.

My understanding is that the e-mails which are considered "anonymous" are Hotmail, Gmail, AOL etc.

Jayelles, yes, what you describe is, I think, what the Moderators are calling an anonymous address. However, that is NOT what I have. I have a paid e-mail address, paid directly to a telephone company with a real name and physical address. If I were as suspicious of me and my postings as the moderators seem to be, I'd get a court order and see where it leads.

Regardless, if I am under that kind of suspicion here I neither need or want to be a member.

Jayelles, yes, what you describe is, I think, what the Moderators are calling an anonymous address. However, that is NOT what I have. I have a paid e-mail address, paid directly to a telephone company with a real name and physical address. If I were as suspicious of me and my postings as the moderators seem to be, I'd get a court order and see where it leads.

Regardless, if I am under that kind of suspicion here I neither need or want to be a member.

It should be OK then. Did you e-mail the mods? Any e-mail addy that is paid for isn't anonymous.

I guess I don't understand what the problem is. I thought the paid email address was a requirement to register for WS. If you guys are posting, then your email must be good?

I'm wondering if this is a problem with your options in your user cp? (user control panel)

Sorry. I'm just finding this to be very confusing! :confused:

Are you referring to the hot one by any chance? I believe that he is posting on another forum. I based my opinion on several things:-

1) the fact that the hat at the other forum referred specifically (and mischieviously) to the hat here in one of his posts
2) the fact that very similar statements were made by both posters
3) the fact that both posters made the same spelling error
4) one other reason

I consider it odd that this person would post as a particularly vicious RDI here and a vehement IDI on another forum. To me, that is game-playing and a sign of a sick mind.

I did "challenge" the poster at the other forum and he denied it (of course) .... but, he thinks that the first three reasons were all I was going on.

However, the following facts should be noted:-

1) This person posted several images at the other forum
2) Images have properties
3) An active member's e-mail addy can be downloaded by other members if that setting is not disabled
4) I'm not a betting girl, but I'd put money on them being the same person!

What interests me is the high regard that many (most?) of the IDI posters at the other forum have for this guy. I'm not sure whether they just accept his Ramsey devotion as given and that's enough or whether they don't care about his game playing or whether they do know abut his game playing and approve of it.

I'm glad this forum weeds out the troublemakers and sees them off :)

I could give several different hats this referenced poster used. I am just so glad he is gone and Ill never be where he is again. I have no idea as abusive as he has been how he remains anywhere . Note this forum took care of it promptly and if we ever have reason to suspect they will be gone again. Thank heavens for the good work our moderators do.

This may not be the right place to post this, but I am hoping all will understand and if we could get some help from the powers that be, it would be much appreciated..

I think this is a great board with lots of information and for the most part, excellent posters. Rarely, do I see anyone who has not contributed in some way, either by disagreeing or agreeing, and therefore a whole new line of discussion happens, which is noteworthy.

I just learned that because of a change in an e-mail address, any long-standing poster can be banned, because there is a list of "not wanted" addresses. Unfortunately, this is sometimes due to something beyond the poster's control and I would like to suggest that some latitude be given to those posters who have been here and have been posting without incident and also have given some valuable insight to the case. I would hate to lose someone just because his or her e-mail has been changed.

Can't a list be made of those who are here already and respected and if such a change is made, that poster will be given the latitude he or she deserves.

Thanks for your attention. Solace

I am totally confused!!
At last check one must register with a verifyable email address but once registered you can go to the "user CP" (across the top of the page)
And put in what ever email you wish.
I cannot speak for the mods but I have been here awhile and I have never heard of the policy of someone being banned for having changed their email addy.
Is this something new? Or is there more going on here?

All is taken care of. At times the software will just do its own thing is all I can figure. The software will automatically decline a "free" email addy and the email says something along the line of "your email addy has been banned" which means the address has been banned not the poster. I don't know why in this case the software kicked the email addy out but it does occasionally happen, so....Anytime anyone has a problem like in this instance, just PM a mod or admin as we can usually take care of the problem. BOESP continues to be a member in good standing and thanks for letting me know you had a problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy