TX - Shanell Mosley for child endangerment, Houston, 2008

That was a FEMA house? Did you see that house?! Wow!
The house on the outside looks to be in a nice neighborhood. I'd hate to be her neighbor; and I would hate to own that house! Looks like someone smashed into the garage door a few times. I shudder to think what the inside the house looks like now.

I've said it before, i'll say it again: people need to have licences before being allowed to procreate. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Floh...have I ever mentioned... I Love ya:blowkiss:

Yeah that would be the garage door that the young daughter crashed the mini van into.. They are saying the inside of the house was completely trashed, roaches and all.. Man, I could do WONDERS with a house like that!

The house on the outside looked to be in a nice neighborhood. I'd hate to be her neighbor; and I would hate to own that house! Looks like someone smashed into the garage door a few times. I shudder to think what the inside the house looks like now.

That was a FEMA house? Did you see that house?! Wow!

Most likely. We live in a very nice neighborhood and the one of the builders built too many homes and then couldn't sell them. FEMA is renting them from the builder and the homes are housing Katrina victims. It really ticks me off because some of these people are living at a much higher level than they are used to and they continue to have their hand out for more. Many in our neighborhood don't work, kids are awful (not supervised) and run the neighborhood, cars are broke down - just looks trashy, IMO. I keep waiting for FEMA to put a stop to it, but supposedly it's going to be another year. So, in sum, these people are living in brand new 3500 sq ft houses FOR FREE... and still milking the Government for more... makes me sick when we bust our butt to live there. :furious:

Sorry for the rant. :eek: I'm all for helping them - but they should be forced to help themselves too. And they aren't.

I've said it before, i'll say it again: people need to have licences before being allowed to procreate. :furious: :furious: :furious:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am all for helping too but they should be required to work. Any job will do as long as it's honest work! I have to say I would be ticked off too Jules.. Will they get to live in those houses for free forever?!

Most likely. We live in a very nice neighborhood and the one of the builders built too many homes and then couldn't sell them. FEMA is renting them from the builder and the homes are housing Katrina victims. It really ticks me off because some of these people are living at a much higher level than they are used to and they continue to have their hand out for more. Many in our neighborhood don't work, kids are awful (not supervised) and run the neighborhood, cars are broke down - just looks trashy, IMO. I keep waiting for FEMA to put a stop to it, but supposedly it's going to be another year. So, in sum, these people are living in brand new 3500 sq ft houses FOR FREE... and still milking the Government for more... makes me sick when we bust our butt to live there. :furious:

Sorry for the rant. :eek: I'm all for helping them - but they should be forced to help themselves too. And they aren't.

Oooh...I would be doing more than ranting if my neighborhood were overrun with people who have no respect for anyone or anything. I think that I have read in the past where the government has renovated public housing, just to have the residents and their friends and family tear it to pieces again.

I am a firm believer that people have no respect or appreciation for anything that is just given to them. When you work for something, you take care of it and appreciate it so much more.

I would be taking photos and writing to your representatives, Jules. I would not want them in my neighborhood. Your children could be at risk. These people could be doing drugs, selling drugs. You could be exposed to your house being robbed and so much more. :(

I am all for helping too but they should be required to work. Any job will do as long as it's honest work! I have to say I would be ticked off too Jules.. Will they get to live in those houses for free forever?!

No, not forever. According to some "high ups" in our neighborhood, it could be another year or so. So, they'll live there for 3+ years FREE...

One guy - who lives in the older section of our subdivision - although in a new house - got some money from a suit he filed in relation to Katrina. Instead of putting the money away - he bought a Cadillac. :rolleyes: This man can't afford to run his AC in the summer, has all his windows and doors open, kids wear clothes that are too small but this ahole drives a Cadillac. :rolleyes: What the heck is wrong with some people? :confused:

I would be taking photos and writing to your representatives, Jules. I would not want them in my neighborhood. Your children could be at risk. These people could be doing drugs, selling drugs. You could be exposed to your house being robbed and so much more. :(

Nan, we are. Our HOA is doing a good job of documenting everything and working with our rep. We are friends with many on our board and I was the paralegal for our state rep when he worked in our office. I'm sure it will get resolved - just wish it was sooner than later.

If it is true that the out-of-state sister was supposedly coming up to care for the kids, then the mother should have not left until the sister was physically there. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

And... it begs to ask: when the 15 year old was at school, who was watching the other kids in her absence?

I was trying to figure out how she could afford that house! My gosh! Now I know.

It is better that the children go into foster care and break the dysfuctional cycle of this family--and I don't say "foster care" lightly. This family is "broke and can't be fixed" in terms of just abysmal, generational dysfunction.

Yeah, ummm so this woman went to Nigeria to get married and left her six children home alone. Plus she left two neighbors toddlers too. The fifteen year old daughter was left to care for all these kids. She got snagged. The daughter had crashed a van into the garage and told a school counselor about it. Met a man on the internet and went to Nigeria. She lives in TEXAS!http://www.click2houston.com/news/15161863/detail.html

:rolleyes: Of course she had to leave the country! How else was she supposed to "seal the deal" with her new husband with all those kids hanging around?

Sounds like SECTION 8 here in Philly. Forced to help themselves too? Heck, she was going off to Nigeria to marry, Jules. Come on now that's helping.

:rolleyes: Of course she had to leave the country! How else was she supposed to "seal the deal" with her new husband with all those kids hanging around?

He might of got a look at that house on an e-mail and didn't care how many kids she had. Wait! Did I just say that? LOL Phewie. I wonder if he'll be coming here still, now?

This lady is bound and determined to put blame on everyone else, but on the person most responsible: herself. She can cry "betrayed" all she wants... in the end SHE is the one that betrayed her kids by running off to hookup with someone she met online... leaving the kids to fend for their selves in very unacceptable living conditions.

Time for momma to stop pointing her finger at her family and realize that 4 of her other fingers are pointing back at the real culprit: her selfish self.

The one article said the honeymoon didn't last long. I think the marriage is already over.

Check out what her defense lawyers is saying:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/15178525/detail.html

<snip> from the above linked article:

When sheriff's deputies found the children three days later, they had no food in a house filled with trash and roaches, officials said.

"The 1-year-old was malnourished and dehydrated. When the deputy went to the scene and picked up the 1-year-old child of this defendant, he could feel the ribs of the child through his clothing," said John Jordan, a Harris County assistant district attorney.

"My client loves her children and she would never intentionally abandon them," defense attorney Emily Detoto said.

Mosley's attorney said Mosley left the country believing her sister would arrive from New Orleans the next day to look after the children.

She insists the house was clean, the freezer stocked with food, and that Mosley left three valid debit cards behind to pay expenses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sorry... but a house and child(ren) do not get this way in 3 days time... this "thing" needs to pay for her crimes - not only in abandoning her children but for neglecting and starving them - long term - too.

I'm sorry... but a house and child(ren) do not get this way in 3 days time... this "thing" needs to pay for her crimes - not only in abandoning her children but for neglecting and starving them - long term - too.

Absolutely agree. This is what I meant by saying the Government should be forcing them to help themselves. These people are living in these big houses - probably way beyond their means - they struggle to afford the utilities and then have no money for food, clothing, etc. Rather than setting them up in these houses, they need to be finding them employment and cutting off the seemingly endless supply of handouts.

The whole thing just infuriates me! :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back