Cases That Haunt You

Sharon Marshall
Cherie Mahan
Jennifer Keese
Rachel Cooke
Tammy Leppert - Suzanne their is hope!!

Charley Ross for me. I named my missing persons website after him for a reason.

What really frustrates/haunts me though, is the very old cases for which I have no information whatsoever. Cases like Charles Hall III, Francillon Pierre, Ronald Cole...

I have a few-
Christine Wrightwas the first one to hit a nerve when I read it.
Ian Davis II he was a childhood friend.
Ian Davis I he died not long after his son, in odd circumstances.
Bruce Edward Myers if his case is found not to be an "accident" like everyone thinks, it will be one of two murders in our small town.

Someone said something along the lines of "I hope I can figure all this out before I die."

I often think of how exciting it will be when I get to heaven and find all the answers!

gee, so many:

Chuck Mauk
Josh Guimond
Jason Jolkowski
The Kingfisher murders (Dr. Juan Dumois & sons and another man murdered by a guy on a bike)
Nita Mayo (a local 63 year old woman who disappeared up on Sonora Pass)
The Grateful Dead boy (fan killed while riding in a van)
Janet Aboroa (spelling is wrong. Husband is getting away with murder)
and many many other

Brian Shaffer
JonBenet Ramsey
3 missing women from springfield, MO

Nice Thread. This is a good way to learn hear about some cases you never heard of before......there are unfortunately so many.

Three Missing Women in Springfield, MO
Terry and Darlene Anderson
Maura Murray
Sharon Marshall
Anna Christian Waters
Evelyn Hartley
The Walker Murders
Jon Benet
Christopher Coan
Barbara Bolick
Dorothy Arnold

Carbon County Jane Doe aka "Beth Doe"

Taj Narbonne and all the other cases, where there is a clear suspect, who could not be caught.
There are so many cases of missing women/girls in which is stated “She was in a troubled relationship. LE calls her boyfriend/husband a person of interest.” And you can even find cases where the person of interest had other girlfriends/ wives prior and afterwards who went missing or got murdered. :mad:

Anna Christian Waters
Jason Jolkowski
Maura Murray
Sharon Marshall
Deanna Merryfield
Brian Shaffer
Mark Davis
Unidentified Lyle Stevik from Washington
Unidentified Jane Doe found in Fairfax, VA
Kristen Modafferi
Amy Bradley
Rachel Cooke
Sara Anne Woods - One of the first missing persons cases I heard about
Tara Grinstead
Unidentified man-Bedford, PA
Sodder family
Two unidentified teenagers- Northern Cal.
Upstate NY-Caledonia Jane Doe -1st case I ever heard of, was 11 when I saw it on the news.
Rose Cole
Boulder Jane Doe
Amelia Earhart
Morgan Nick

Would you happen to have a link to the 3 girls who disappeared from the Texas shopping mall by chance? Texas, esp. Lubbock has so many missing girls and woman that I cannot believe it.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/59dftx.html

This case bothers me because the only way I can see three healthy girls disappearing like that is if someone they knew or someone they trusted (a police officer or security guard) lured them somewhere and hurt them. Apparently there was a note written by one of the girls saying they were taking off for a week, but who takes off like that at Christmas? Especially when there is a 9yo girl with them? And Christmas presents in the car? I think the note was forged. It's so baffling and frustrating.

Sorry for the double post.

I forgot to mention Nyleen Kay Marshall. Her disappearance, coupled with the sighting and the letter supposedly written by her abductor, make for an intriguing mystery. Then there was that mysterious woman who was pregnant who went by Kay and entered a hospital...there was some speculation that it was Nyleen. Then Nyleen's mother was raped and murdered in Mexico. The whole story is layered in confusion and sadness.

Jaycee Lee Dugard--one of the first kidnappings I ever heard of and she is around my age.
Four East Bay girls: Michaela Joy Garecht, Ilene Misheloff, Amber Swartz Garcia and Amanda "Nikki" Campbell.

Sorry for posting twice on this thread...but there is another case I have been intrigued with for a long time. It has a thread on WS though it hasn't garnered much discussion. I became involved in this when I found the website of the two filmmakers who were making a documentary about this case. I began communicating with the filmmakers, and they turned out a wonderful documentary.

In Villisca, Iowa on June 10, 1912 there were eight people murdered with an axe while they slept. The victims were Josiah and Sara Moore and their four children, Herman, Katherine, Boyd and Paul and two visiting neighbor children, Lena and Ina Stillinger. The murder is unsolved to this day. But the story of the murders, their aftermath and how they ripped apart this very small town is fascinating. Here is the link to the WS thread and also the link to the documentary about the Villisca murders.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36661&highlight=Villisca

http://www.villiscamovie.com/

It's a fascinating case but particularly tragic because out of the eight victims, six were children. The film is very well done. I would highly recommend anyone interested in this case to check out the documentary.

Michael Adams - whos website has gotten very, very interesting lately. Apparently a bunch of his friends got tired of waiting for the police to resolve it, and got together and started investingating his disappearance on their own. Based on what they've been putting on the website it looks like they know who took Michael and have been leaving very interesting messages for them. It's like a soap, but I say good for them. It shows what people can do when they come together.

www.findmikeadams.com

Also:
Tara Leigh Calico
Brian Shaffer
Kyle Fleischmann
The Springfield Three
Matt Cook

I'd love to see a resolution on all of these cases

Michael Adams - whos website has gotten very, very interesting lately. Apparently a bunch of his friends got tired of waiting for the police to resolve it, and got together and started investingating his disappearance on their own. Based on what they've been putting on the website it looks like they know who took Michael and have been leaving very interesting messages for them. It's like a soap, but I say good for them. It shows what people can do when they come together.

www.findmikeadams.com

Also:
Tara Leigh Calico
Brian Shaffer
Kyle Fleischmann
The Springfield Three
Matt Cook

I'd love to see a resolution on all of these cases

flyboy, do you know more about the Mike Adams case? I read the website; it was very intriguing. Does the family believe they know who murdered Mike, or do they believe he may still be alive?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back