50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury is out as to whether or not BK wishes to seek SSI or SSDI-he wants to work and he wants to obtain his independence again. SO, this is not necessarily an attempt to open a claim for him-let's see if we can get him a temp ID so he can work doing the things he can do...this will at least get him an income.
----------------------------------------------------------------
If BK pursues SSI, under the mental illness, of dissociative amnesia, then they would HAVE to give him a social security number, and once that is done and SSI approved, he can then work under SSI guidelines. If he does not want the SSI money, he can put it in a bank and return it later.
... Maybe I should say, they would PROBABLY HAVE to give him a ssn...

I do have links to SSI rules and regs about amnesia. Let me know if you want them posted.

I think Paul COte' has a cleft in his chin too, at least it appears he does. They do look similar, but the nose does look different too.
--------------------------------------------------------
Any update on Paul Cote??
He does seem a little young, but has anyone checked with Canadian officials?

Leave it to me to try and do this backwards...Nurse Betty and I got into a discussion about how Social Security numbers are created-I went on a little hunt and each state has prefixes assigned to it-Indiana (our presumptive birth state for Mr. Kyle) has 303-317 as the assigned prefix. The next two digits start off as odd numbers being assigned by each office 01-99, then as even numbers 02-00 and then the last four are assigned in order 0001-9999.

I started with the birth year of 1948 and took a look to see who passed and what state their SSN came from...I stumbled across this:
Ben F. Stone DOB 10/19/1948 unverified DOD 10/6/1999 in Denver, CO of all places. Sure enough his SSN began 305...Full name Benjamin F. Stone.

So he was born in Indiana and either he died in Denver or something else, since there was no verification. I could not find an obit-could any of you sleuthers take it an run with it? I will PM you the ssn only because I don't want to publish it on the board...

So have I finally lost my mind or does this make any sense as an approach?

Believe, I'm so impressed! I have googled everything I can think of and keep coming up blank. I don't have any memberships to ancestry websites that might give insight to this, either... but I think we have a GREAT jumping off point. Maybe searching marriage records, court records etc. to get any idea of who this Benjamin Stone person is and why he was presumed dead...I wish I had more time to work on it.

This birthdate keeps him very close his feelng of being born 10 years before Michael Jackson as well.

I'll keep looking, but I'm definitely a novice!

Leave it to me to try and do this backwards...Nurse Betty and I got into a discussion about how Social Security numbers are created-I went on a little hunt and each state has prefixes assigned to it-Indiana (our presumptive birth state for Mr. Kyle) has 303-317 as the assigned prefix. The next two digits start off as odd numbers being assigned by each office 01-99, then as even numbers 02-00 and then the last four are assigned in order 0001-9999.

I started with the birth year of 1948 and took a look to see who passed and what state their SSN came from...I stumbled across this:
Ben F. Stone DOB 10/19/1948 unverified DOD 10/6/1999 in Denver, CO of all places. Sure enough his SSN began 305...Full name Benjamin F. Stone.

So he was born in Indiana and either he died in Denver or something else, since there was no verification. I could not find an obit-could any of you sleuthers take it an run with it? I will PM you the ssn only because I don't want to publish it on the board...

-------------------------------------------------
I knew about how ssn's are given out in each state. Just because my best friend and I got ours at the same time, back in the 1960's and we are 1 number apart.
And then, just yesterday, I was researching about one of the many men thought might be a possibile match for BK and running that person's ssn and it did prove he was from Ms. And I ran it through SSA death index and that number is still valid.
So, yes, pm me the ssn and I will check it out as far as I can.

I have an Ancestry membership, I am on it now, to see what I can come up with.

I am working on this, but one thing I did find was a Benjamin F Stone, from Indiana, birthdate 1/30/1892 with a death date in CA of 1961. Perhaps a grandfather or other relation? Also interesting is that several of the Benjamin F's I have found are Benjamin Franklins! On zabasearch, I found several Benjamin Stones that lived in Boulder, CO. Zabasearchs records sometimes go back a ways--one time I found the address for someone who had been dead 10 yrs.

Believe, I'm so impressed! I have googled everything I can think of and keep coming up blank. I don't have any memberships to ancestry websites that might give insight to this, either... but I think we have a GREAT jumping off point. Maybe searching marriage records, court records etc. to get any idea of who this Benjamin Stone person is and why he was presumed dead...I wish I had more time to work on it.

This birthdate keeps him very close his feelng of being born 10 years before Michael Jackson as well.

I'll keep looking, but I'm definitely a novice!

Believe--could you PM me the social, because I cannot find the Benjamin that you are referring to in the social security death index. Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------
I knew about how ssn's are given out in each state. Just because my best friend and I got ours at the same time, back in the 1960's and we are 1 number apart.
And then, just yesterday, I was researching about one of the many men thought might be a possibile match for BK and running that person's ssn and it did prove he was from Ms. And I ran it through SSA death index and that number is still valid.
So, yes, pm me the ssn and I will check it out as far as I can.

Believe--could you PM me the social, because I cannot find the Benjamin that you are referring to in the social security death index. Thanks!

Done for both of you-on SSDI he appears as Ben F Stone which I thought was interesting as well...

Could he have been declared dead? My husband's niece has been missing for many years and presumed murdered by her husband. The same husband had her declared legally dead and there is a date of death that shows in the SSDI although no death certificate to be obtained.

I found the Ben F. Stone, last residence Denver, Col b. 10-19-1948 , d. 10-6-1999, issue state of indiana in ss death index, but am still looking at possibilities in other things ancestry has to offer

I searched and only found what has already been reported. I could not find any news articles. I could not find an obituary notice.

I found the Ben F. Stone, last residence Denver, Col b. 10-19-1948 , d. 10-6-1999, issue state of indiana in ss death index, but am still looking at possibilities in other things ancestry has to offer

I searched and only found what has already been reported. I could not find any news articles. I could not find an obituary notice.

At least we are all on the same page now, hmmm :rolleyes:

I think Tracie helped us solve the mystery:

U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006
Birth, Marriage & Death
hoverArrow.gif

Preview

Name: Benjamin F Jr Stoner Service Info.: SP4 US ARMY VIETNAM, PERSIAN GULF Birth Date: 19 Oct 1948 Death Date: 6 Oct 1999 Service Start Date: 29 Jan 1991 Interment Date: 13 Oct 1999 Cemetery: Ft. Logan National Cemetery Cemetery Address: 4400 West Kenyon Avenue Denver, CO 80236 Buried At: Section 7 Site 721
See more

Name: Stoner, Benjamin F Jr Benjamin F Jr Stoner Birth: 19 Oct 1948Death: 6 Oct 1999Military: 29 Jan 1991Military: 27 Apr 1991

Our Benjaman's prints were run through the military databases and something would have popped up-so the SSDI index is wrong then???

I would still like to see the actual obituary because of the coincidences.

Name Benjamin SSN# from Indiana living in Colorado. I would love to see the list of relatives. Brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken