Death Penalty Vs Life in Prison and Why

do you want Casey to get the death penalty?

• yes

Votes: 106 59.2%
  • no

Votes: 73 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To each his own. Can you show me any where in my post where it said that it would give me joy?

Animalistic, revenge, sordid, voyeuristic? If you say so.

Your belief is that the world would not be a better place. My belief is that it would.

gladly
adverb
1. happily, cheerfully, gleefully, merrily, gaily, joyfully, joyously, jovially He gladly accepted my invitation

You stated your post may offend, so you realised there might somthing offensive to it.

What possible reason could you advocate for public hangings?

Have you ever heard of this story?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/5217424.stm

Public hangings or any public execution do nothing for humanity.

The jury might look at a picture of Caylee and decide KC needs the death penalty.

As far as KC never sleeping with a man again, Susan Smith has been caught having affairs with at least two guards while in prison. KC will have lots of chances.

That's true. If the Pros could only get a video of that darling little girl singing "You Are My Sunshine" it would do the trick. I don't know if they could get away with that though. The Defense would probably scream the roof down. The court doesn't even like the family to wear a button with the victim's picture on it to court. I would like to see the Pros show pictures of Caylee from birth to her last birthday...then singing her little song cause that was right before she was murdered and then a picture or two of what was left of her in the woods. If that wouldn't get a DP verdict nothing would.

I'm sure you are right about the guards and the female prisoners. Casey would really love the sneaking around and trying not to get caught with the guards. That is right up her ally. She is such a lowlife in more ways then one.

I'll be happy with whatever the jury decides as long as that piece of scum never gets out of prison.

While I was adamant against DP up until a couple of years ago. I am no longer adamant against it.
But you can never get me on a jury where there is a DP in the mix, because LE filters the information a juror gets to hear, and I want no part of edited information, to make such a difficult decision.
I always ask to be removed if it is a heavy criminal case, I also tell them exactly why.

I think the most KC can get is LWOP I have said it 1000 different ways.
there is nothing that ties KC to the deed itself, YES it all points to her and she is guilty but I am not sure of what exactly she did DO...
so unless someone slip, trips, or comes forward to put a hot tip on the table; I do not believe she can get the DP at all.
But LWOP is even better it will give her lots of time to miss Caylee and a her loony family.

BBM

Don't you think they will also look at the age of Caylee when she was murdered? IMO KC's age wouldn't bother me at all. Could you give me your thoughts on this please?

I've listened to the ex Pros and Defense attorneys on In Session and most of them think that because Casey is young it will keep the jury from giving her the DP. They also think it is because she is pretty....I don't think she is pretty at all and never have and wouldn't if she had never done this. They say that jurys have a problem sending a female to death row. Few women have been sent there from any state. I tend to believe that they are probably right as they have been around the system and know how it seems to go.

I've listened to the ex Pros and Defense attorneys on In Session and most of them think that because Casey is young it will keep the jury from giving her the DP. They also think it is because she is pretty....I don't think she is pretty at all and never have and wouldn't if she had never done this. They say that jurys have a problem sending a female to death row. Few women have been sent there from any state. I tend to believe that they are probably right as they have been around the system and know how it seems to go.

This one claims to have no mental deficiencies (like Smith) and is getting extra hate. As she should....
But I just don't think that she will get DP at all. IMHO i do not get why the state went that way.

Wow, so here's the big question . . . I'm suprised it was so long in coming.

Do I want her to get the death penalty? No. I want her to spend the rest of her natural life in prison, being rejected for parole as often as possible. If she is convicted, then she should have a long & miserable life.

If she DOES get DP . . . . I can't imagine I will cry for her. I'll cry for Caylee, not for her.

Do I want to see the state kill her... No, I would rather see her stay in jail, and hope she never has another child.

I feel she deserves the death penalty.I dont care if she
gets it or not,do care how she spends the rest of her wretched life.
If not death I want her locked up forever.IMO

I feel she deserves the death penalty.I dont care if she
gets it or not,do care how she spends the rest of her wretched life.
If not death I want her locked up forever.IMO

I'm pro-DP and would love nothing more than to see her get what's coming to her, but I'm not sure this would be a fitting sentence for her. She's been isolated from general population for 2 years (being a celebrity and all). If she were to be given the DP, it's an automatic appeal (I believe) and a private cell.

So, I think I would rather see her receive Life Without Parole. I do hope that she does not receive special treatment. I want her to be in General Population -- right there with the others. I hear that they don't like baby killers in prison. This may be a tougher sentence for her than the death penalty.

I know I'm wrong for feeling this way, but you just don't kill a baby. You don't kill anyone, but a 2 year old child didn't deserve to be murdered and tossed out like yesterdays garbage. :furious:

I'm pro-DP and would love nothing more than to see her get what's coming to her, but I'm not sure this would be a fitting sentence for her. She's been isolated from general population for 2 years (being a celebrity and all). If she were to be given the DP, it's an automatic appeal (I believe) and a private cell.

So, I think I would rather see her receive Life Without Parole. I do hope that she does not receive special treatment. I want her to be in General Population -- right there with the others. I hear that they don't like baby killers in prison. This may be a tougher sentence for her than the death penalty.

I know I'm wrong for feeling this way, but you just don't kill a baby. You don't kill anyone, but a 2 year old child didn't deserve to be murdered and tossed out like yesterdays garbage. :furious:

im right there w/ you... id vote lwop/gen pop...either way id settle. really. but the lwop, IMO would be better.

For a long time, I wanted her to get the DP *just* to ruin ALyon's "perfect" record. I didn't care whether her appeals went through and she would have her sentence reduced to LWOP later - ALyon needed to be brought down a few pegs. Plus, KC can spend at least 10 years on Death Row, wondering if each day were her last.

As of today, 10/2/10 at 6:55 pm EST, I really don't much care, as long as she's miserable.

If AFinnell takes some ridiculous chest-beating holier-than-thou stance that pisses me off, I may have to revert to Plan A.

Florida has LWOP. I consider it better then Death.

To me, Death is the end of her knowing anything. Nothing left to feel, no pain. For some, that is a relief. Which is why some commit suicide.

However, life in the pen, that would be 30-40 years. Never knowing when she is going to tick someone off to end it, if you know what I mean.

Apart from being personally anti-death penalty, I think for pragmatic reasons it's better that someone like KC, who thrives on fantasy and attention, gets LWOP and disappears into the prison system rather than being able to garner more attention and waste more money going through the appeals process. I also don't want her to enjoy continuing false hope that she will eventually get away with murder, which may be how she reacts to the DP. I think she deserves a long, boring life with no hope of reprieve. However, I don't wish any violence on her; whatever she has done she is still a human being. There has been enough vengeance and violence in this story already.

I guess I should reply to my own thread...
I am honestly torn...I really don't believe Casey intenionally killed Caylee. I think it was accidental overdose. So on that account I say no.
However, I have a 16 month old son whom I never, and I mean never get a break from no matter how bad I need it. I simply do not have anyone who can take him off my hands for an hour or 2 and give me some "me" time.....well let me take that back, hubby works m-sat just trying to keep us afloat in this economy....On Sundays he will let me sleep in an extra hour or two...
But other than that when I like to bathe in the morning baby is reaching into the water and splashing everywhere, when I want to sleep and he doesn't I don't sleep, when me and hubby want to go to dinner we gobble down our food in 10 mins or less before baby gets cranky, when I don't feel good and could just spend the day in bed, I can't, when I want to watch a favorite show and baby is having a tantrum I can't watch my show, when my single baby-free friends say they are going to Florida for the weekend I want to go with them but can't...
But I still don't drug my baby.
And here is what pisses me off the most...Cindy would have probably watched that baby ANYTIME Casey needed a break...My son has 3 different sets of grandparents who never care to watch him. Whom I sometimes ask just PLEASE take him for an hour or 2 and there is always some exscuse....
that pisses me off the most.
IMO Casey is one of the most selfish people I have ever heard of.

I am Pro-Death Penalty... however, like others, I believe the proper sentence for one Miss Casey Anthony would be LWOP in general population. Not that she isn't deserving of the ultimate punishment, because she is a prime example, IMO, of the reason we have the death penalty. She a heartless, caculated murderer who, IMO, would kill again. She shows no remorse for taking the life of her own innocent baby... it's almost like she's proud of herself. Proud of all the attention she has gotten. Proud of the misery she has inflicted upon everyone involved in this case. To put it simply... she's a MONSTER!

If she was to get the Death Penalty, she'll be isolated in her own cell. To live in her own little world, by herself, as the victim that she likes to think she is. People will send her letters, telling them how much they love her, how they know she is innocent... she'll get marriage proposals, men and women declaring their undying love for her... and she will be content.

I don't want Casey to be content. I want Casey to suffer and the best way to make Casey suffer is to put her in general population for the rest of her miserable life... and I hope she lives a LONG miserable life.

Harsh? Oh well.

The punishment should fit the crime, so the death penalty is appropriate - I definitely would vote for it for Casey. The most despicable of crimes against a helpless little kid.

I am Pro-Death Penalty... however, like others, I believe the proper sentence for one Miss Casey Anthony would be LWOP in general population. Not that she isn't deserving of the ultimate punishment, because she is a prime example, IMO, of the reason we have the death penalty. She a heartless, caculated murderer who, IMO, would kill again. She shows no remorse for taking the life of her own innocent baby... it's almost like she's proud of herself. Proud of all the attention she has gotten. Proud of the misery she has inflicted upon everyone involved in this case. To put it simply... she's a MONSTER!

If she was to get the Death Penalty, she'll be isolated in her own cell. To live in her own little world, by herself, as the victim that she likes to think she is. People will send her letters, telling them how much they love her, how they know she is innocent... she'll get marriage proposals, men and women declaring their undying love for her... and she will be content.

I don't want Casey to be content. I want Casey to suffer and the best way to make Casey suffer is to put her in general population for the rest of her miserable life... and I hope she lives a LONG miserable life.

Harsh? Oh well.

Respectfully quoted and BBM.

It looks as if I'm in the minority on this thread but for the very reasons I have bolded above, if KC is guilty (and I believe she is) she deserves the death penalty. I disagree that she wouldn't be happy in gen pop. She is/was a party girl. She doesn't deserve a long life in prison partying with the gals in the TV room. Heck she found ways of partying with the girls even in solitary. She is one of the bullies and wouldn't be a timid victim of those other prisoners who don't like child killers. She is liable to hurt them just as much as they are liable to hurt her. She deserves a short, lonely and miserable life. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but it's how I feel. I think there is no lower person as one who would kill her own child and then act like she's relieved and not one bit sorry. I half way expect her to respond, "Caylee who?" when someone brings Caylee's name up. Just my :twocents:

I guess I should reply to my own thread...
I am honestly torn...I really don't believe Casey intenionally killed Caylee. I think it was accidental overdose. So on that account I say no.
However, I have a 16 month old son whom I never, and I mean never get a break from no matter how bad I need it. I simply do not have anyone who can take him off my hands for an hour or 2 and give me some "me" time.....well let me take that back, hubby works m-sat just trying to keep us afloat in this economy....On Sundays he will let me sleep in an extra hour or two...
But other than that when I like to bathe in the morning baby is reaching into the water and splashing everywhere, when I want to sleep and he doesn't I don't sleep, when me and hubby want to go to dinner we gobble down our food in 10 mins or less before baby gets cranky, when I don't feel good and could just spend the day in bed, I can't, when I want to watch a favorite show and baby is having a tantrum I can't watch my show, when my single baby-free friends say they are going to Florida for the weekend I want to go with them but can't...
But I still don't drug my baby.
And here is what pisses me off the most...Cindy would have probably watched that baby ANYTIME Casey needed a break...My son has 3 different sets of grandparents who never care to watch him. Whom I sometimes ask just PLEASE take him for an hour or 2 and there is always some exscuse....
that pisses me off the most.
IMO Casey is one of the most selfish people I have ever heard of.

Good news is they grow up. Sometimes they are old enough to not want to go with Mom and Dad. So some of us have been there and done that. My husband was in the Navy and never wanted anyone else watching my girls. When grandparents visited they did not babysit but said they were on vacation so we all went out or I stayed home with the babies. But they do grow older and it does get easier especially if they are use to visiting a restaurant.

If there had been a reaction from KC in those 31 days I might go along with an accident. But we all know that did not happen. No reaction, no concern, no red flags, nada. Does not sound like a person who accidentially killed their child. But putting her to death? I don't see that it would make a difference. Keeping her off the streets until she is beyond child bearing age will make a big difference. You don't make plans to adopt an Irish childwhen your own child is missing. That is as ugly as it gets.

I am afraid that after the jury hears the evidence in this case all put together in a neat package they will not be as kind. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam