2010.04.24 The Laundry Revisited and GGM Sykes Visit.

I know...but if GGS had picked up the laundry and washed it and not yet dropped it off then the trip to get clothes for Haleigh would have been a necessity. It seems Ronald had other things on his mind Sunday evening rather than making sure Haleigh would be ready to walk out the door Monday morning and catch the bus on time....jmo....now if we only knew what that was...Also, Misty told Nay Nay and Greg P both that she intended on going to G-ville to visit her dad in the hospital on Monday....clearly she didn't. Personally, I wish Misty was never allowed back into the home that Sunday....early Monday. I wish Haleigh and Junior were never left with her.

elle, I see your reasoning about the need to get Haleigh a certain outfit at GGMS's that morning. It seems as if she must have had all the clean laundry for the children, if she did indeed deliver more that evening. It's a valid point.
I don't want to highjack this thread but your post brought something else to my mind. It's been said Misty didn't want to watch the children that night, even asking TN to watch them. Does anyone have any idea why Misty didn't want to watch the kids? Was she too tired and hung over, or was it because she didn't want to face Ron that night because of her wild weekend and how he might have treated her?
Any guesses?

I wonder why Ron did not have all that laundry caught up from over the weekend? What was he doing then that was so important?

Honestly, I have to take up for Ron a little here. He probably doesn't know how. Or, he just decided to wait and he knew someone else would do it.

Kimster~
gotcha! ~ the home may have been "swept" for pills...
I was questioning about why the washing machine was running at that time (after the 911 call/when LE arrived) it just makes me :waitasec:

I have heard it discussed but I don't have a link as to what was reported.

ETA: those "pills" if they were indeed oxy's have a high street value... can't imagine them laying around everywhere. It would be like leaving cash on your coffee table. MOO

It just seems in this last laundry story GMS left the possibility open that she went into the trailer where before it was pretty clear she did not.

Anyone know what the question was to Ron when he said, there was no laundry detergent.... ? If nothing else he had to know, Misty was lying about washing the clothes. Didn't Misty say she washed the blankets because, Haleigh's blanket smelled like pee? Then said she went to bed around 10:00? Again if so why was the washer still running at 3:30AM when the police arrived? None of this makes any sense IMO

Interesting, Clown. I've been following this case since it broke and this is the first time I'm heard the washer was running when cops arrived. If that were so, the cops would be all over that demanding to know why Misty was doing laundry at that hour. What could she have a need to wash after she awoke and discovered Haleigh missing? Highly suspicious.
It reminds me of the Lacy Peterson case where her husband Scott was doing laundry the day he reported her missing. That was a red flag for LE that day.
jmo

Donjeta, I hope you don't mind, I'm bringing your post over from the other thread, so I can reply..I agree with you, I have no doubt that GGMS would take every chance she could to check up on things @ the MH. At the same time, I also have to imagine at her age it was quite a relief when Ronald had another female in his life to take care of the children. As a grandmother myself, as much as I love spending time w/my g-children, they wear me out!..and I'm not near GGMS's age..quite yet. :)

Also agree re: TN and her praise of Misty. Outward 'appearances' seem very important in this family. I find that interesting for some reason, given what we know of them at this point. It makes me think back to something else that bothered me in Ron's first appearance before the camera. When asked about HaLeigh, the one thing that he kept repeating over and over was how well behaved she was. To this day, that disturbs me..

I mean really, why would how well behaved your child is be one of the first things that's on your mind within hours of your child being 'kidnapped'? OT again on this thread I know, but does that strike anyone else as SUPER-STRANGE, or is it just me?

No Pondering, it's not just you. It is very strange for Ron to bring up Haleigh's behavior when he's ask to discribe his daughter. It's more of the too much infomation that doesn't fit the situation. For some reason, Haleigh's behavior must have been on his mind. More covering? Just a wild guess, perhaps he's remembering how she behaved the last time he saw her. jmo
Good question as usual.

There was no laundry detergent, dirty clothes were in the dryer, and piles of clothes were in the floor. That type of living is why Ms. Sykes had to wash the kids clothes. It probably had nothing to do with stains, but more to do with wrinkled and dirty clothes being fluffed in the dryer and worn again. Probably even wearing dirty mismatched socks. She had to do it because no one else would. To get up on Monday morning and suddenly realize a child has no clothes for school is horrible. Ron was being enabled and some stranger underage girl didn't need to be put in charge of those kids. About the blanket, I figure it was either washed elsewhere or even replaced with a matching blanket. Since the grandmas didn't wash the blankets maybe they wouldn't even notice the switch.

Between you and I txsvicki, we both believe Misty was not the best at keeping house or doing laundry. I for one can't imagine her caring one bit about those things, or cooking either for that matter.
But wasn't it GGM Sykes who,after Haleigh disappeared, bragged about how clean and neat Misty kept the children. If I recall she said Misty took care of Haleigh so well she looked perfect when Misty got her ready to go to school.
Anyone else recall those statement when TN and others were bragging on how wonderful Misty was?

If CPS was called on me, my child comes up missing, I'm living with a underage kid, I sell drugs and the police are on the way to my house?!?! Yup, good reason for me to clean, id FREAK! In my opinion I'm starting to think the laundry is no biggie......

Originally Posted by Pondering Mind
Donjeta, I hope you don't mind, I'm bringing your post over from the other thread, so I can reply..I agree with you, I have no doubt that GGMS would take every chance she could to check up on things @ the MH. At the same time, I also have to imagine at her age it was quite a relief when Ronald had another female in his life to take care of the children. As a grandmother myself, as much as I love spending time w/my g-children, they wear me out!..and I'm not near GGMS's age..quite yet.

Also agree re: TN and her praise of Misty. Outward 'appearances' seem very important in this family. I find that interesting for some reason, given what we know of them at this point. It makes me think back to something else that bothered me in Ron's first appearance before the camera. When asked about HaLeigh, the one thing that he kept repeating over and over was how well behaved she was. To this day, that disturbs me..

I mean really, why would how well behaved your child is be one of the first things that's on your mind within hours of your child being 'kidnapped'? OT again on this thread I know, but does that strike anyone else as SUPER-STRANGE, or is it just me?

I'm sorry if I did this wrong...the reposting a post for my reply:crazy: but here goes...
So odd that you pointed this out, Pondering...I thought the exact thing upon watching this interview. I went back and viewed it again recently trying to determine RC's sincerity (for my own opinion) and YES! When the interviewer asked him what was Haleigh like? RC says...she was well behaved and well mannered? HUH? Odd, odd, odd...why would he use that as a description?...it was almost as if, that popped into his head first because he wanted to eliminate any notions that perhaps she was not being so well behaved that day, leading to something that could have occurred... That is the first thing that entered my mind anyway. Sometimes (I've noticed this in various situations) when people lie, the truth is right there in their words, just twisted up and turned inside out, but still THERE. Seems like this is more double talk, cover talk, shady talk...lets hurry and put the lie out there before anyone can get a glimpse of the truth. And TN was standing there nodding her head agreeing with him as if that was a perfectly normal "description" of her grandaughter? And it was this interview...this one, that made me think he was already grieving Haleigh, instead of getting out there banging on doors and seriously searching for her. It was as if he had given up hope of ever finding his daughter. ALL my own personal opinion, of course. This is also the interview where he says something about doing anything to get Haleighs' life back, isn't it? I think it's quite upsetting to watch.:(

Is there a link stating that the dirty laundry was in the DRYER and not the WASHER? For some reason I feel like that could have just been a slip of the tongue by a reporter or someone who said the wrong word. Having dirty laundry in the washer makes much more sense. With that said, I do think Misty washed something that night. Too much talk about laundry. And since we are pretty sure Misty was involved in whatever happened, and we know a crime was commited...what is the logical reason for washing something around the time or soon after commiting a crime? To remove evidence..in the form of blood or vomit or some other bodily fluid that could shed light on the crime. I think that blood evidence would most likely still be found by LE even if washed, especially without detergent. So that makes me want to guess that it was vomit or some other fluid on either Haleigh's blanket or pink shirt.

It's odd how they went on so about Misty getting Haleigh ready for school and Misty herself saying that she sent Haleigh off looking like a Queen. Misty had only been around 4 months and Ron was already in big trouble about school attendance to where Haleigh couldn't miss any more days. The clothes may have been nicely washed by someone else and ready to go, but the parent didn't seem to be able to get up to take Haleigh a little ways over to the bus stop. Didn't even have to drive her all the way to school.

Who could even think about cleaning up their house when their child was missing.

Someone who knew there was really no help that could save their "missing" child, and who was more concerned about appearances and saving their own selves?

Could a "clean up" of expensive and illegal pills be one of the reasons why TN was on the scene so early? Maybe she was the one "holding" after the quick clean up and was wearing her sheriff's jacket so she wouldn't be suspected or searched? Maybe there was a quick trip to the woods in the van to unload any plants being grown, but the pills could fit into a purse or good sized pockets.

I'm sorry, I haven't kept up on this and am trying to catch up. I followed it religiously for months and months thinking Haleigh would be found and/or this solved much sooner!
If this has been thrown out there, please forgive me. It's really hard to catch up as fast as things are moving here - LOL
So many things bothered me from the very beginning....."stole my child" but I attributed that to simply being from a different area, baffling looks that MC gave RC during interviews, and so much more. But the one thing that struck me hard and hasn't stopped was hearing MC state that she was cleaning with bleach that day or evening. Does anyone else remember that? It bugged the absolute living heck out of me. I am sure I heard her say that and make a point to reiterate it. It struck me as a way to pre-explain something (i.e. major traces of bleach being found, etc. during LE involvement.)
I hope I am not dreaming here. LOL If so, I can edit this and apologize. Back to lurking now............

Is there a link stating that the dirty laundry was in the DRYER and not the WASHER? For some reason I feel like that could have just been a slip of the tongue by a reporter or someone who said the wrong word. Having dirty laundry in the washer makes much more sense. With that said, I do think Misty washed something that night. Too much talk about laundry. And since we are pretty sure Misty was involved in whatever happened, and we know a crime was commited...what is the logical reason for washing something around the time or soon after commiting a crime? To remove evidence..in the form of blood or vomit or some other bodily fluid that could shed light on the crime. I think that blood evidence would most likely still be found by LE even if washed, especially without detergent. So that makes me want to guess that it was vomit or some other fluid on either Haleigh's blanket or pink shirt.

If it's true that the washing machine was running when the police came it wasn't available for the storage of any more dirty clothes. Maybe there was lots of it, enough for both the washer and dryer.

I'm sorry, I haven't kept up on this and am trying to catch up. I followed it religiously for months and months thinking Haleigh would be found and/or this solved much sooner!
If this has been thrown out there, please forgive me. It's really hard to catch up as fast as things are moving here - LOL
So many things bothered me from the very beginning....."stole my child" but I attributed that to simply being from a different area, baffling looks that MC gave RC during interviews, and so much more. But the one thing that struck me hard and hasn't stopped was hearing MC state that she was cleaning with bleach that day or evening. Does anyone else remember that? It bugged the absolute living heck out of me. I am sure I heard her say that and make a point to reiterate it. It struck me as a way to pre-explain something (i.e. major traces of bleach being found, etc. during LE involvement.)
I hope I am not dreaming here. LOL If so, I can edit this and apologize. Back to lurking now............

IIRC the bleach cleaning came from the 911 call where some people thought she said "I was bleach cleaning" but it's not terribly clear, some thought it might have been "I had finished cleaning" or something else.

Strange interview by AS on NG. All the talk about laundry, just like Misty originally. This has to be very important. Haleigh and Jr. eating on the porch in the dark, cool night, it sounded to me like they were shirtless. Otherwise AS would have said I/Misty changed their shirts, or put another shirt on because it was chilly. Has she forgotten what a chilly night it was? Still defending Misty, children were eating dinner, Misty was fine, Misty didn't do the children's laundry, but did all the rest. Most importantly, Ron had already left for work. When NG asked this question, AS didn't just say "yes", she said "absolutely". Why so strong a word when a "yes" would have sufficed. First, AS never went into the house, now she helped Misty carry laundry in. If she goes into so much detail about the laundry, why does she not mention who was with her in the car, instead of just a "we". IMO the reason for AS' visit that night (if it occurred at all) is to be able to say that Haleigh was alive and well at 7:30, Misty was there and fully functional, and last but most importantly, Ron was already at work. IMO AS might have been there to help clean up a crime scene. She might also have been there to pick up the dirty blankets, sheets, etc. and whatever else needed to be washed and taken them back to her house to launder. No residue evidence in the washing machine at the MH then. It will be interesting to see the phone records for all the Cummings/Croslins that entire afternoon/evening/night. I'm sure with those, things will get a whole lot clearer.

I get it about kids eating messy foods shirtless. I get it about eating on the porch. I just can't put these things together on a chilly dark night. Why wouldn't they have eaten inside? Was there something going on inside that the children or Granny were not to see? How did Granny know who was home or wasn't if she didn't go in?

I get it about kids eating messy foods shirtless. I get it about eating on the porch. I just can't put these things together on a chilly dark night. Why wouldn't they have eaten inside?

You are spot on here! I guess GMS spoke too soon? SO smart to feed an asthmatic child outside in the cold when the expected low temp was below 40... and then to tell the kids to go back to eating instead of telling them to go inside and finish eating where it's warmer? Her account of that evening doesn't wash with me. MOO

The way that AS first said that she didn't go into the house (now changed) and Haleigh and Jr. were eating outside on the porch (and now Misty on the porch eating too) is really strange. Something must have happened in the house and nobody wants to place themselves there. Maybe Haleigh was never eating on the porch, but only Jr. was. AS seems like a very strong, independent woman, why did she need to be accompanied to the MH by a nurse, who AS usually refers to as "we". Raises a lot of questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back