CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
search by family has been organized for tomorrow.

we talked to several family and friends, no one is detained at this time

no details on whether the body was partially buried or not

fbi was at scene

continue to update as information comes in

oh these reporters are pressing.

don't know if they found miss le

anytime u find a body for no reason its a crime scene

will be processing evidence found at the scene

well i guess they have some evidence then

Just came into see if there was any news. Ahh so sad. I wonder if they will make an arrest after identifying her. Prayers for her family. WHY WHY WHY.

thank goodness for the gal who chose to walk her dog in that area. I am sorry she had to come upon this horrible scene, but at least now this case can move on.

Here's my recap. I wasn't sure if I should go and omit everything everyone else has posted or just leave my notes intact. (Mods, please feel free to delete my post if it's superfluous.)

. body found at 9:15 AM by woman walking dog
. body similar in description to Phuong
. Fairfield PD & FBI processing scene
. will conduct autopsy
. no positive ID yet
. foul play hasn't been confirmed
. media contacted family first (This disgusts me.)
. LE contacted family 2nd because media took initial step
. body found in rural area in Napa County -- halfway between Fairfield & Lake Berryessa, about 30-40 yards off road
. continuing investigation
. area rural, "not somewhere you'd take a hike"
. (Persistent journalist! Pushing LE to reveal crucial details! grrr....)
. coroner's office could take from 1 day - 2 weeks to process
. LE did NOT ask family to scene, but family members did go to the scene, brought by media
. search had already been scheduled for tomorrow (Will search go on???)
. no one is detained at this time
. a journalist fudged the proximity of body from road -- said 30-40 FEET -- FPD said YARDS

I hope the family knows tomorrow, so they can either continue search or call it off...

I read recently that it only takes like a matter of an HOUR, to do a dental comparison. They've had all day since they found the body....is dental not good enough anymore now in the modern days of DNA? Dental is said to be extremely accurate.

So the journalists were being very, very persistent and implying there was no need to have a presser if LE was not going to tell the public the body was Phuong or not. This upsets me because God forbid LE have a reason to avoid pressers in the future! At least LE wasn't repeating old information over and over again and labeling it "bombshell"!

I feel like we were all standing there tonight on the side of the road at attention, in honor and respect, as they brought her home despite the lack of formal identification.

RIP Phuong. :rose:

I don't like the thought of the family having to get a call from the media...how awful for them. I am sure police were going to call and did not even get a chance...

I think the fact that the body was not far off a main road may mean the person who did it is not familiar with a lot of backroads in the area. Probably in a state of extreme panic he or she just drove out of town for 15-20 miles and looked for a secluded place to pull over, in an area that seemed uninhabited. This may be very different from the Morgan Harrington case where the perp likely had to be very familiar with the area he left her body.

29001_1298998111038_1112940924_30734110_1590113_n.jpg

God bless you, Phuong.

I feel like we were all standing there tonight on the side of the road at attention, in honor and respect, as they brought her home despite the lack of formal identification.

RIP Phuong. :rose:

They DID keep emphasizing "similar physical characteristics" as Phuong. And we don't know if she was clothed. I really wonder if the family was able to identify her since they were there (but LE just not able to publicly say until positive ID by ME)....not sure what condition a body would be in after almost 2 weeks out in the elements.

I guess ID would partly depend upon if her clothes were still with her...I don't think it has been terribly hot up there. I do hope they will find plenty of evidence, whoever this turns out to be, but I believe it is Phoung and that they know it is her. I guess they had to the press conference as the media had the story and was all over it. I think they will have to confirm ID tomorrow, with her family searching and setting up an office, etc...

They DID keep emphasizing "similar physical characteristics" as Phuong. And we don't know if she was clothed. I really wonder if the family was able to identify her since they were there (but LE just not able to publicly say until positive ID by ME)....not sure what condition a body would be in after almost 2 weeks out in the elements.

I wonder why the reporters didn't ask about the family being involved in the ID process at the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07