Members' Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Websleuths jbr! We're always glad to have new voices and opinions on the JBR forum as well!
:talker::seeya::Welcome-12-june:

I don't really know if they are burns or if a taser was used, but these marks, especially the one on the right, are rectangular. What else could have made them?

the flashlight, picture frame, the boy's swiss army knife ...

...within the Burke theory I think it's also interesting that the ransom note language not only reminds of action movies but also a lot of the language reminds me of gamer language,e.g. civilization 2 was released in 1996 if you look at some of the chat rooms from the civilization gamers there's a lot of talk of foreign factions and victory....
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_II[/ame]

À few things I`d like to add. Could the other end of a stun gun have been used in the head blow?

I`ve been thinking about the hacking idea a little further. If IDI, I actually see this plausible. The hackers need not be in computer business themselves, they could be just some college kids who were perhaps familiar with the Ramseys and JB, perhaps John Andrews acquaintances. But the SBTC might refer to Small Business something. Here`s an SBTC (Small Business Technology Council):
http://www.sbtc.org/about/wwd.html

And here`s a SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research)
http://www.sbir.gov/

"We respect your bus(s)iness, but not the country that it serves"
"Small foreign faction"
"If we monitor..you will be scanned.."
"S.B.T.C - Victory"

118,000 dollars, they were able to hack AG`computer system or phone system and find out about Johns`bonus amount. They had a grudge against AG or John himself. And they were perhaps against capitalism and big companies, but not small businessess.

They may have come up with the idea of kidnapping after they had hacked the information and though about what they could do with it.

sbtc as small business technology council is interesting.I found this article where SBTC stands for "skill biased technical change" ,that could somehow be relevant also.

"Like a lot of other ideas in economics, I think that “skill-biased technical change” can be pulled off the shelf and used to explain inequality in a very superficial way.
The SBTC theory says that people with lower skills should have slower wage growth than people with higher skills."

http://winterspeak.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html

...within the Burke theory I think it's also interesting that the ransom note language not only reminds of action movies but also a lot of the language reminds me of gamer language,e.g. civilization 2 was released in 1996 if you look at some of the chat rooms from the civilization gamers there's a lot of talk of foreign factions and victory....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_II

The RN is much too sophisticated for a 9yo, both in language and handwriting IMO.

I think that Play station 2 was released in 1994/5. Don't know the timing of this, but US Navy Seals for PS2 had a character Fat Cat. There may have been an earlier arcade game before it was available on PS. Anyone know about this?

College-age boys play lots of online fantasy-type games. In a sibling theory, my money is on the older boy and I don't think he was alone.

College-age boys play lots of online fantasy-type games. In a sibling theory, my money is on the older boy and I don't think he was alone.

Even if it wasn't a college person, someone who was into those types of movies and arcade/computer games, drugs, could use $118k, knew the house and had a grudge against the Rs could be the Igor we are looking for. I did suggest previously it might have been pay back (gone wrong) for something JAR had done.

Here I go again..I`m exited to have something new to think about.

I found a story about AG from December 1995 that raised some questions. This probably has been discussed on ws and looked into by the investigators. Anyway, some excerpts from the story:

"Access Graphics, the leader in channel sales and support of UNIX-based distributed computing solutions, announced today that it has partnered with InSoft, Inc. to bring open, collaborative multimedia solution to the desktop. As part of the TeamWork program, InSoft will support Access, workgroup computing initiatives based on the Sun Microsystems platform. InSoft is a worldwide leader in the technology and sales of collaborative computing, desktop conferencing and distributed digital video development tools and business applications.

--The Gartner Group and Personal Technology Research have estimated that the desktop multimedia industry will grow at over 100 percent per year for the next three years. InSoft currently owns 60 percent of the marketplace and is positioned to capitalize on the industry growth."

Did AG negotiate with other companies? What competitors did InSoft or Access Graphics have that may have suffered from this partnering? Anybody know?

http://www.mdlcorp.com/Insoft/news/CN24.html

An easier question: what were the three companies that merged into Access Graphics?

Not only that...

I am embarrased to say this, but only now have I googled Lockheed Martin. I didn`t know it was a company that "is a United States aerospace, defense, security, and advanced technology company with worldwide interests". It manufactures products for the military, not just American though. But AG was a subsidiary of LM, now that might explain "we respect you business, but not the country that it serves".

Oh boy, there are lots of "scenarios" going on in my head now, both IDI and RDI! :crazy:

the 9 yr old

Cosmo

I can't conceive of a 9yo who could compose and write this RN. While I don't doubt some 9yos can kill younger children, they are unlikely to have carried out a garrotting with a head bash that required a lot of strength judging by the nature of the wound. The boy was small and quiet and did not exhibit homocidal tendencies either before or after.

Can you offer anything concrete to back up your theory?

Cosmo

I can't conceive of a 9yo who could compose and write this RN. While I don't doubt some 9yos can kill younger children, they are unlikely to have carried out a garrotting with a head bash that required a lot of strength judging by the nature of the wound. The boy was small and quiet and did not exhibit homocidal tendencies either before or after.

I completely agree. This is NOT something BR could have done alone. No way he wrote that note. This was not an accidental swing with a golf club (as happened in the past). IF BR killed his sister, the only way I see it is he whacked her with a baseball bat (or maybe the flashlight) in anger but at that point his parents took over and "fixed" it for him. Or he was in the company of his older half-brother JAR.

I completely agree. This is NOT something BR could have done alone. No way he wrote that note. This was not an accidental swing with a golf club (as happened in the past). IF BR killed his sister, the only way I see it is he whacked her with a baseball bat (or maybe the flashlight) in anger but at that point his parents took over and "fixed" it for him. Or he was in the company of his older half-brother JAR.

One thing that really bugs me about JB's skull fracture is this....for some reason...most people believe that it had to have been a really, extremely hard blow that cause displacement of the skull. I have researched this....a child's skull is not as thick as an adults....a child can crack their skull, simply from falling off of a bike, from a short distance. It would NOT take an enormous amount of strength to cause displacement of a child's skull. Therefore, I believe that the scenario of an adult male standing over her and delivering a forceful blow....is hogwash. So, Burke COULD have caused the blow, even though he was nine at the time ( I agree with you), but...I don't believe that he did.

Cosmo

sure ... the 9 yr old boy snapped. he lost it. after years of the parents parading the little girl around in the sickest of ways, the boy lost it. emotions and depression and whatever run higher during the holidays. no he didn't write the note, come one, the parents of course covered for their child during this horrific accident for sure. he bashed her head with his swiss knife that was found right next to her. this isn't rocket science. look for the most obvious explanation ... from the bed wetting incidents to how bizarre the mother is/was to how influencial the father was/is, i am sure the 9 yr old boy just lost it. after years of watching his younger sister get tons of attention and the dressing ups and the parades and the etc etc i am sure that the subconscious effects on his social development and his psyche / personality was profound. he was quiet and didn't exhibit homocidal tendencies either before or after... i don't know if that is true or false and neither does the public. i am sure every precaution has been taken by the father to protect the boy. i mean he lost his sister and his mother (probably over this). everyone has the homocidal ability inside of them, but majority populous don't act on it. i mean come on ... someone breaks in on Christmas of all the times you would break into a home or commit kidnapping ... on Christmas, when most people are with a ton of people?

Patsy died of ovarian cancer, which began about 3-4 years before this incident. She survived a total of 10 years with stage 4 which is remarkable for anyone. So this incident didn't kill her (but it didn't help). If Patsy covered for anyone, it had to be her son. There is simply no other reason (IMO) that she would write that note except for herself or her son. Possibly for JR, but she'd have had to be involved somehow, because I don't think the killing (even accidental) of her daughter is something she'd just say "OK, I'll help cover this up" if her husband did it.
I agree that NO one broke into that house (or entered via key or unlocked door)
with the intent of kidnapping/hurting/killing JB on THAT night of all nights, when the family was certain to be at home. NO one would move about the house with the parents upstairs (and possibly awake) and the other child in a room nearby, fixing pineapple, fixing JB's hair (some actually believe this), writing notes, bashing a skull, sexually assaulting a child (who screamed) and staged a body, including taking the time to unwrap several gift boxes to look for fresh panties that no one but Patsy knew were there in the first place.

I hardly think he could have bashed her head with a swiss army knife however.
I also don't think PR would have had the composure to write the long RN to cover for her son,she would have been way too hysterical.
I do know a few gifted children that could have composed a RN like that at 9 years old especially if it was in the context of a fantasy game gone bad.I can imagine that.

I hardly think he could have bashed her head with a swiss army knife however.
I also don't think PR would have had the composure to write the long RN to cover for her son,she would have been way too hysterical.
I do know a few gifted children that could have composed a RN like that at 9 years old especially if it was in the context of a fantasy game gone bad.I can imagine that.

I don't think he bashed her with a Swiss Army knife either. But I also don't think he was particularly gifted. He seems a little geeky at that age, maybe a bit smallish and young for his age. If he was a part of this at all, he wasn't alone and I doubt he did any of the staging. He may have been an observer.
Adrenaline gives people the ability to do things they ordinarily wouldn't. Patsy could have written that note, especially as she began to think of what to do and proceeded (with help), distancing herself from the horrible reality of exactly what had happened. And Patsy didn't do it alone either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member